Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Bi-Weekly Battles

Discussion in 'Battle Forum' started by bugs-one, Dec 20, 2015.

Share This Page

1. Slushi 6989

Slushi 6989 Moderator

Voting for yourself has always been a cringe move

Classic gmv

2. vigostar

vigostar Senior Member

Cringe move? Putting in hard work and having pride in what you do is cringe worthy? That's hilarious. If I feel like you produced better artwork than I did then I'll vote for you but, if I honestly don't feel that way then your not gonna get a prize because you participated. In fact how about this. I will continue to do these weekly but, don't ever count me in the voting moving forward.

3. EBA

EBA Elite Member

It feels like you are taking that a bit too harshly. I love your work Vigo and genuinely voted for you because it was good.

I think the whole “not voting for yourself” thing is sportsmanlike and gentlemanly, and also, the act of voting for yourself can be a bit dickish, even if you don’t mean it to be.

Let’s remember these battles are all for fun and practice and not serious and relax and respect each other and not feel pressured or whatever.

All of that was said out of love and respect to everyone involved.

Maybe it’s just me, but this forum should feel like a community. Graff has always had this competitive “fuck you, I got mine!” edge to it that has attracted and amplified the worst things about ourselves. Maybe some of that seeps in to all of us, particularly when you distill the fact that merely battling is competition. So maybe we all need to be better. I certainly have ego I try to stoke down. I hope I can be better and make other people enjoy being here.

I dunno. My two hundred and fifty unwanted cents.

4. Andy B

Andy B Senior Member

I agree with EBA. Individually we always have been a buck to the system. I figure here we work to improve ourselves as a collective. I know my stuff don't rate with the rest of you heavy hitters, but I give it a go just out of fun. I'm too old to go bombing any more so this is about it for me now.

As for the vote. I like the multi color and heavy letter vibe of Classic. EBA has got dope letters and profile. Side_One, that is a clean look and I like the letter A. Vigostar put up a smooth look with the classic image of Omar. And the hard bars of Zoup looks crispy. But I'm stuck at a tie with Classic and EBA. I dig it Classic.

5. vigostar

vigostar Senior Member

Well said EBA. I appreciate your thoughts.

My participation on this forum has always been paved with good intention and every piece of artistic advice I've provided has been based on artistic fundamentals and void of self indulgence. If my past responses on this forum have not proven that, than the easiest solution is to remove myself from the equation.

The fact is that these weekly battles have really kept me motivated and I feel lucky to have found something that keeps me hungry.

We clearly have a difference of opinion and that's ok. I'm at peace with all this. I don't need anyone thinking I'm insulting or being unsportsmanlike because I chose my artwork over evleryone else's.

6. zoup

zoup Elite Member

@EBA is the winner of the "OMAR" BATTLE, deadline to pick the word is Monday or @Classic or @vigostar picks word tuesday.

7. EBA

EBA Elite Member

“PSMOKER”

Last edited: Sep 27, 2021
  8. Suacer

Suacer Member

Hi dude, I'm new here but I would like to participate, can I do it? Is there no problem?

9. EBA

EBA Elite Member

Anyone can join!

10. Suacer

Suacer Member

Thanks

11. zoup

zoup Elite Member

New word is "PSMOKER" deadline friday oct 8.

12. Slushi 6989

Slushi 6989 Moderator

Im sensing some gemini energy here :rolleyes:

13. Suacer

Suacer Member

Hi everybody!
    I'm SUACER, Nakos crew from Mexico.
    This is my jale, I hope you like it.
    Shoutouts to all of you.

Screenshot_20211001-130453~2.png

14. Pasc

Pasc Member

PSMOKER entry

7E825423-5CEE-4A0F-AA45-6F7D6732DD1A.jpeg

15. vigostar

vigostar Senior Member

16. vigostar

vigostar Senior Member

Only sharing... not to be entered into voting...

Unfortunately, I spelled the dang word incorrectly. Spelled it PSMONKER instead. Didnt realize it until today... Whoops!

Looking forward to seeing what everyone else does.

Lastly... If someone doesnt enter artwork can they still vote?

PSMONKER.jpg

17. zoup

zoup Elite Member

Of course!
    Breh im not strict about rules, you added an extra letter, lol oh well, youre still in.

18. EGGZ

EGGZ Senior Member

I really like the colours on this!

19. vigostar

vigostar Senior Member

thanks. Alot of it is showing up as grey but, its actually blue... heres a quick run thru -
    Instagram Link

20. EBA

EBA Elite Member