Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Bi-Weekly Battles

Discussion in 'Battle Forum' started by bugs-one, Dec 20, 2015.

Share This Page

1. Ray of Today

Ray of Today Elite Member

I post about 10 times a year so final words before I fade away like Krylon for a bit.

That Gane was improved by the redo. Should have used your letters to fill the space where you stuck that star in. You made some negative space between the Ch so that should have continued with more of the letters. Color too dark. Yellow outer would have worked better than red to pop it off, and with more negative space between letters would highlight your letters better. Like those drip spots on the letters.

El Bo- you want it you gonna get it. Same way I said you bring your L down and left more to your E, you do the same thing with this outline on your H. You've made a symmetrical outline but didn't balance that spot. The C & E extensions are like random pubes that should be shaved off. They do nothing for the letter and you'd be better dropping the bar from the top of your E down to fill that space. Random green patch is ugly. Your gripe about being intermediate: this place used to be more live. Quick look around and not sure where it all went, but did find some. BS has around 10 members and most fall to the top and bottom leaving you with maybe 2 people at your level. IMHO, you won't win, but they should let you in there for now while it's slow/dead because I don't see you learning much in a toy group and you need someone just a bit above you to learn from. Same time you need to whip your ass into shape and stop stupid mistakes like above. Did not waste much time on this but found a few sketches in other thread by better writers and it was all cool, def well above your level. Good use of space, good use of colors. Sharp clean lines with flow, motion, animation that move your eye through the piece. Few different styles representative of countries they came out of. On a black book level, you're not ready for that yet. On the other hand, you had a decent somewhat symmetrical outline I commented on somewhere that IMO, is what I would call wall ready. If you did that clean, good colors, maybe add a character, I don't see why that can't hang on it's own. Last- less is more. Your hand on top of that Chafe, that would be a good outline. It's balanced, decent flow. I would lightly do that across a piece of paper leaving room for 3D on the right, thicken it out into letters.

And Pesk still wins.

2. ElbowMacK187

ElbowMacK187 Elite Member

That's what I been saying thanks lol

3. URBAN1

URBAN1 Banned

Pesk's is ugly mine is dope I win.

4. Kaps2

Kaps2 Elite Member

Lets get a new word...

5. ElbowMacK187

6. URBAN1

URBAN1 Banned

The new word is: Crock of Shit

7. Kaps2

Kaps2 Elite Member

Sounds like my life

8. zoup

zoup Elite Member

golf-clap.gif

Pesk is the winner of CHAFE Battle. 2nd time in a row!

@PeskDos please pick the word, otherwise next one with most wins picks or @bugs-one makes up a word

9. bugs-one

bugs-one Elite Member

Here's a word...

Next word is: MURS

Due on: Saturday 26th

10. ElbowMacK187

11. ElbowMacK187

Not colored yet

20190116_150721.jpg

... Murs. A blunt and a hoe

12. URBAN1

URBAN1 Banned

13. MASTAH_RIBCAGE

MASTAH_RIBCAGE Moderator

I was thinking about sketchin one but no thanks. Seen a pesk preview and he fitna kill this one

14. ElbowMacK187

15. domestizo

domestizo Senior Member

16. DBZultima

DBZultima Senior Member

17. KulerOne

KulerOne Member

18. Theillfunkfreaka

Theillfunkfreaka Senior Member

19. [MASE!]

[MASE!] Member