Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbook Markers

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by dcite, May 3, 2004.

Share This Page

1. HipHopAdept

HipHopAdept Member

sharpie does the job man

2. criscros18

criscros18 Banned

I use sharpies (thick) for outlineing, and thin-line sharpies for more detailed parts. But, if you are going for vibrant colors, i'd go with hilighters. There are tons of colors, and they dont really bleed out that much.

3. spher

spher Senior Member

permanant markers with a special ink ;)

4. criscros18

criscros18 Banned

roseart markers and crayolas are acctually pretty good

5. -NiSe-

-NiSe- Senior Member

especially crayola markers. if you get an even coating then it looks slick man, nice bright colors. I'd still rather real graphic markers though lol

6. unknown87

unknown87 Member

i prefer the on the run acrylic set, the full box one. only down side is they run out ubber quick lol. Unknown !!!

7. Fang

Fang Senior Member

Copic Sketch markers are nice, but fucking expensive, so i only rack a couple at a time

8. illegal_drugs

illegal_drugs Senior Member

Do not buy on the run 261 paintliners
    shit sucks
    paint goes around the nib and not to it

9. ッℤëкℯ

ッℤëкℯ Member

I use the Ironlak Strikers (20 Twin Markers Set) and they are pretty cool but they leak threw but I would like to try out some of the Molotow 227HS sketching markers.

To help with leaking threw the paper I got a paper resume/envelope folder and I cut it in the bind and got the biggest side and traced my book so when I slide it behind the paper it would stick out a little bit so it was easy to get to. Also good for using as a bookmark.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
  10. 2mor

2mor Senior Member

why do you write unknown at the end of every post, we know youre fuckin name. shits fuckin lame.

11. SKETCH1983

SKETCH1983 New Member

I have always used prism's ever since i was introduced to them and sharpie fine point for out lines, as for for bleedin' on to other pages thats always been a major pet peev of mine so I always placed papper under the page i'm on on or a thin card board, as for price I bought a full set of prism's for $270.00 on art supplies web site just shop around it's worth it specially when you got a writers circle going on at your house. Peace - (>.0)y!

12. whooty

whooty New Member

lol

13. whooty

whooty New Member

At first I used some really cheap "fibracolor" pens and then my GF got me the 60 pack of On The Run markers. The difference is HUGE!!! The OTR (On The Run) markers don't leave streaky marks if you color fairly quick unlike the "fibracolor's" which streak no matter what. So it was impossible to get a smooth look with the "fibracolor" pens.

A lot of my OTR markers are running out of ink though and I can't find OTR graphic markers for sale anywhere anymore in the US so I just ordered the Premier Prismacolor 48 pack. They should arrive on wednesday.

I see a lot of people complaining about the ink leaking through the paper? Why don't you just put some paper between the pages of your blackbook to "catch" the leaks? It's not that hard to do haha.

14. Risk_Inicijativa

Risk_Inicijativa Senior Member

I use BIC markers. I found them cheap. 20 markers for 4 dollars. They rock. Also I use some college highliters, but they suck. I've never tried Ironlak, but I like it so much. Anyways i dont have money for expensive markers and cans... So I use just cheap. And for tagging I found for 1 dollar PILOT marker... It is awesome. Medium NIB, not as big as BURNER but it kills

15. whooty

whooty New Member

Got the prismacolor premier pens and they are great. I'll compare them to On The Run graphic markers.

On The Run:

Pros
    Doesn't dry as fast.
    Easy to get a smooth/non-streaky fill.
    Comes in a sick case.

Cons
    Ink spreads/saturates a little bit of the paper close to where you just colored.
    Can't find them for sale anywhere.

Prismacolor:

Pros
    Ink spreads less than OTR.

Cons
    Ink dries a little faster than OTR so you have to be faster to make sure you don't get streaky fills.

16. bryanmoyer_82

bryanmoyer_82 New Member

i like sharpies cuz they leave good color yea they leak like no other but i just get a scratch paper and use that to catch the leakyness it works for me well

17. Reger

Reger Member

I use promarkers for bb productions, and wallmart shit for sketching

18. cornholio31337

cornholio31337 Member

sharpies and copic ciao. you can get a shit load of colours in the ciaos. all different shades too. there is a pack just of greys and black which are pretty decent

19. EmerStatus

EmerStatus New Member

Do prismas leak through the pages? and i heard they run out really fast

20. -NiSe-

-NiSe- Senior Member

yes and yes. although they dont bleed as much as sharpies