Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. beone

beone Elite Member

2. Fosale!

Fosale! Elite Member

The O looks like a C because of the line.

3. Necro-

Necro- Senior Member

yeah sky5, that makes sense. i sometimes have an idea of what my letters will be, but most of the time i just do the first letter and then try to do the other letters to match and look ok.

4. SeKz

SeKz Senior Member

I can really relate to how sky5 sketches. Keeping a style is probably the main thing toys need to get down. I think once you have a style, or a few styles, you can basically do anything that comes into your mind. ;) Graff is creativity, your style will progress, and you will come up with new things. You cant really see what your style will be in a few months but you will see the progression. The fourth way to sketch that sky5 missed is probably sketching out of pure feeling. This is the real way to do it, and i think how most writers veiw their work, as an expression of feeling or emotion. I would think this is the pinnicle of graff :lol: But you need style. :(

But for me, I usually cant tell where im going until ive got a few letters down. and then i usually go back a fix it all to suit :D

5. KrookONE

KrookONE Senior Member

6. obseen

obseen Elite Member

you obviously try hard in your sketches, and some of them are quite good! i like this one the best
    View attachment 218120

7. KrookONE

KrookONE Senior Member

sorry..really not good at resizing..and thanks obseen

8. doomsayer

doomsayer Elite Member

9. thief 127

thief 127 Senior Member

yo krook dope shit. i see alot of potential from u.

10. graffer that tags

graffer that tags Senior Member

dam how do you make the images bigger

11. shifty!

shifty! Senior Member

looks so much better painted, but i would say get rid of the 'eyes' or holes in your R, make every letter same size, width, and change your U a little, the line going down the middle doesnt really flow with the whole style, hope that helps...

12. meetermaid

meetermaid Elite Member

yeah shifty just copy my advice without a word of recognition <_<

13. doomsayer

doomsayer Elite Member

yeah im not really trying heaps hard on it im just workin on changin it gettin it ready for looking better, so when it is better, ill spend more time on colouring in and stuff. anyways, i changed the U, it was an accident how i put the holes in the R again so ignore them and i kept all my letters the same width, i think, crits?

View attachment 218165

14. meetermaid

meetermaid Elite Member

shit son
    bring the bottom legs of the r up a bit, think of the letter in terms of a human body: the torso is twice the length of the legs, looks confusing. i'd change the u even more, look at the letter U: it's got that dip in the middle right, try it with a dip in the middle just to see how it looks cause it's still looking awkward. (or you could just change the curvy line into a straight one that goes down to about the middle of the letter)

15. shifty!

shifty! Senior Member

what do you mean?!

16. meetermaid

meetermaid Elite Member

i said that 'cause i had said pretty much the exact same thing you had said about the sketch in the toy bombs and pieces thread

17. MF Feed Letter

MF Feed Letter Senior Member

18. meetermaid

meetermaid Elite Member

work on your handy, make it more readable for one. the simples are nice, and with the piece i'd take out the extension from the a and r unless you wanna make one going from the r to the e as well, cause it looks like ar *backwards 3* 4

19. shifty!

shifty! Senior Member

ahhhhh didnt see that, so uhm sorry? where is 604? and graffer that tags c'mon man where is it?

20. meetermaid

meetermaid Elite Member

ok then shifty it's all good haha, 604's vancouver, BC.