Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. MF Feed Letter

MF Feed Letter Senior Member

hye meete ri forgot you were form 604 you been out bombing lately?

2. meetermaid

meetermaid Elite Member

nah i haven't touched a can of paint in a while, i stopped writing for a bit cause of personal 'issues' haha, but i've just been sketching recently and tagging busses, hopefully gonna start piecing in a few weeks or so, hyped for that shit :D

3. shifty!

shifty! Senior Member

ahhh i didnt know if it was close to me liek maine or something cause im 603

4. meetermaid

meetermaid Elite Member

yeah i don't think area codes work that way, where's 603?

5. shifty!

shifty! Senior Member

yeh i dont think so either, 603-New Hampshire, US, and the state next to me is 978 so your right they dont work that way :p

6. xAWOKE.925

xAWOKE.925 Senior Member

7. beone

beone Elite Member

like the style but im not feelin the A

8. Natural Mystic

Natural Mystic Member

9. C-SONE

C-SONE Senior Member

10. yogah frog

yogah frog Member

11. meetermaid

meetermaid Elite Member

sone, work on it being cleaner.. the s is hot, though it'd be a lot better if it looked cleaner, but you can always work on that. with the extensions, you've got the gist of em, but work on them more, you got em but not quite, know what i mean? the n is a little wierd, with the top right extension so i'd take that out, and make the e a lil bigger, it looks like you added it as an afterthought >_<

dae, you've got a basic understanding of the letters which is good.. but, here comes my toy tip of the week... extensions should only be used once you have developed letters of your own, or with a certain style, as opposed to just simple letters.. stay away from the connections and extensions untill then.

12. yogah frog

yogah frog Member

so get my letters more tweaked out first? cus i thought if i added a few simple extensions that would help give it more of my own style.

13. meetermaid

meetermaid Elite Member

well, what i mean is like, just work with the letters.. extensions don't make a letter. the way the letter's formed does. keep drawing out simple letters, over and over again, and as you draw them and get a better understanding of how the letter is shaped you'll naturally morph the letter into something of your own creation. it really helps to look at as much graffiti as you can, and i know it's "against the rules" but copy established writers work, not to put it on a wall or use it as your own, but to help you get a sense of the letters, graffiti is no different than any other art; you have to understand your subject before trying to emulate it, get it?

14. doomsayer

doomsayer Elite Member

15. meetermaid

meetermaid Elite Member

i think it looks better, i'd still say bring the line down just a touch, and i don't know what you did differently with the h but the middle lines look wierd, change em back to the way you had em before (or if i'm being a retard and it's always been that way, make the lines cross both sides if that makes sense, instead of going up and then to the right make the part that goes to the right, extend to both sides, whatever, fuck around with it it looks better already)
    *oh and to be even more picky, make the first T the same size as the 2nd, and the flicky extension part on the top left of the letter should be a bit smaller, if you're going to have a reccurring theme in your letters have them be just that: consistant.

16. doomsayer

doomsayer Elite Member

ok, thanks for all the help so far man.

well top one is the H i was using before and bottom is the H i tried to do again to fit in with the style. i made the bit on the U longer and gah i dont think the Ts are the same size, idno i tried to get em the same size, sort of.

View attachment 218192

17. meetermaid

meetermaid Elite Member

no prob, i think the 2nd pic looks better, although i don't think you quite got what i meant, so i just reworked your throw on paint: [Broken External Image]:http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/6182/truththrowzo5.jpg

i'm really bad at wording what i'm thinking so it's just easier to draw it out, cheers :D

18. doomsayer

doomsayer Elite Member

19. meetermaid

meetermaid Elite Member

yeah more like that, you don't have to put the arrow in the u or the squigly in the r theyr'e just little things i like using, but work on it being cleaner, take your time on it (i used to just scribble shit out like it was nothing but when you take your time on something it almost always turns out better), the top left of the 1st t is a lil fucked up as is the top right of the 2nd t, but that's prolly just cause your rushing, take your time, have some pride in your work, your art is you! *listen to mama meetr she knows what she's babbling about ;)*

20. doomsayer

doomsayer Elite Member

alright im off to go do a good one, or at least try to...