Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. Twitch1

Twitch1 Member

well.

cant read it - get rid of dots and the number thingy. annnd ur 3D is messed up so find a focus point. cuz it looks like its in the middle....but then the middle part has it going to the right again.

with ur letterszzzzz u can just practice the squares and all...but thats boring. you can try taking basic letters from a font like this and writing them down on paper. put the same spacing and width. then go around fillin the holes etc with extensions and baaasicily just keep workin on it with pencil and eraser until u think it looks good.(easy to read but still looking sick)

good luck

2. DJLotus

DJLotus Senior Member

You just need to work on the structure, plain and simple. Plus, you add so many addons it makes the letters look all bumpy and nasty. The N (?) and F (?) on the end really need work. You might want to also get the letters all a similar size, some of them are huge like the E, but the u is pretty small. Not tryin' to rag just tryin to give you a helpful 2 cents....

3. ras

ras Banned

Fuck sake...bottom of the page AS USUAL <_< ;)

4. FOEone

FOEone Elite Member

Fuck sake...bottom of the page AS USUAL <_< ;)[/b][/quote]
    okay, your work looks promising, for the simple fact that it looks like you have a good grasp on "classic" letter styles. however, these styles are used by every toy just starting out. feel free to take these styles and make them your own. build on them. let your style evolve from what you've already got going now. you show potential, but you're going to need to evolve your style past this. it will take time, no doubt, but that's part of being a writer.

as far as the character goes, i wouldn't worry about charaks at this point just yet. let your letter style evolve, and characters can come later.

5. ras

ras Banned

yo foeone ... thanks for that mate... :)

and i know its my job to make them my own....but how do you do that...? :)

6. Code

Code Senior Member

Ras= Very nice man, the letter structure great, but not feelin the character that much, and the P looks good but the color on it makes it look a bit wierd.

Nade= Pretty nice, just not likin all the bumps everywhere make it a bit straighter, also work on your G and N, not that good. But keep at it :)

Bump Critz Please,
    this is the first time i tried to push my letter structure from simples to more complicated stuff

7. nemzone

nemzone Elite Member

8. Code

Code Senior Member

Nemzone- ty for the crit unfortainetly i consider that more complicated that the other stuff i do lol :), As for your stuff the compact one i like much better, the bigger one just doesent look as good, in my oppinion :), also dont like how your making a piece of the "M|" connect to the E dont really like that. But if you like it go for it, your a much better writer so my crit may not be the best :)

Also just asking what do you think of the quality of the piece as in structure and color :)

9. 'aSHiD"

'aSHiD" Senior Member

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v651_kevin6nipple_DSC00024.jpg

mav thing i did in into to formal logic

i know there are still some sketch lines in this one.... i did it with a bic pen so there is no erasing to clean it up.

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v651_kevin6nipple_matr.jpg

matr battle piece.

critz please.

10. Code

Code Senior Member

danm man i love it, but for the Matr battle piece has a good fill in, but the M and the A are hard to distuingish from each other, also not feelin the A dont like how the two sticks on the A arent connected. But its just my oppinion :)

11. FOEone

FOEone Elite Member

no prob, man. i'll help out any new writer who shows potential.

as far as developing your own style goes, just keep doing what yer doin, but feel free to ad some light flair here and there. check out newer, modern artists and sort of incorporate what they're doing into your art, and the rest will come naturally. it's like when you first start on your handstyle. i've been writing for over 6 years, and when i look back at my first black book and compare it to my handstyle now, they're drastically different. not because i made a conscious effort to change my style, but it just evolves naturally the more you write it. i think it was EARL who said, in paraphrase "its more difficult to maintain a single style than to sit back and just let it come naturally."

12. TricksForKids

TricksForKids Elite Member

i havent seen a post form foe in years...maybe its cuz ive been in this thread the whole time, oh well, props to vets giving feedback

13. ras

ras Banned

14. FOEone

FOEone Elite Member

see, now that's what im talkin about. the D and the P in the orange piece are nice. tone down the O just a little bit, and you'll be on the right track.

im really feelin the green throw-up. i would definitely go ahead and start hittin the streets with that green one. it's tight. quick question, how long have you been into graff? have you been hittin the layups yet?

edit: tricks -- thanks man. it's good to be back.

15. ras

ras Banned

man i wont be hitting the streets for quite a while....iv just been chosen as a apprentice at my skool in design and if i get a criminal record...my whole carrer will be fucked and chances of big money to come .... :lol: ;)

16. FOEone

FOEone Elite Member

that's cool. i know exactly what that's like.

if you really get the urge to pick up a spray-can, lots of skateparks and shit offer legal walls.

17. ras

ras Banned

were i live...theres only one skate park and when i did bomb it...after i left the guard guy came out and my mate had to cover for me...everywhere round her were i live is shit

18. krysnum1

krysnum1 Senior Member

I thought only old people smoked pawl mall.

Good graff tho.

19. alive

alive Banned

all pen freestyle cept for the one thats pencil. please share your thoughts.

math class :wub:
    ai55.photobucket.com_albums_g121_coercethemasses_DSC02870.jpg

the pencil one from last night, used as a base for the rest. thought it was great then, not feeling it so much now.
    ai55.photobucket.com_albums_g121_coercethemasses_DSC02874.jpg

experienced writers: can you give me advice on extensions? i know there supposed to fill dead space and such, but. . . . well, any advice? sry this ones so sloppy, mad fast, ill do another later.
    ai55.photobucket.com_albums_g121_coercethemasses_DSC02871.jpg

aSHID. its nice, but i gotta say, chillllll with the arrows. and dont bitch that im saying that cuz "arrows are toy" and im biased againsts arrows or some shit. its b/c ur using them poorly. the end. and a lot of your extentions arent working, like the one off the R, and the one off the T.

thanks all,
    peace

20. Bastardo

Bastardo Senior Member