Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. TricksForKids

TricksForKids Elite Member

well shit, i was ready to give a whole breakdown..i swear, sky beat me to it though, you sly fox you

near - thats my favoruite sketch from you homie, everythings so clean

necro, i dont know where those letters came from, and im not accusing biting or anything, but i mean, the M's hot, try to make evreything simple like that

sky that kwest you posted in the big leagues is my favourite sketch from you, so clean and les complciated than the revok one you did, ive been trying to place a finger on why i dont like ADORE your sketches, i mean hell i love em, but you know? and i think its just when you get good enough it comes down to personal preference, and i just like stuf that flows a little more, lots of the extensions on your letters are really blocky, and formulated, i do the same thing though, meh, i dunno

lage- go way back to the eltters on your keyboard

rusty i like all that cept the S

and ehres some bullshit i found lying around, might give you all a laugh

[Broken External Image]:http://img464.imageshack.us/img464/7796/bahaae2.jpg

2. whahappen?

whahappen? Elite Member

i really need to know if i have to go back to basics again the top one is my main throw and the 2ndd im working on

sky-cant crit you its all real nice
    aces-the k's legs are sorta skinny and too far apart and the s is......idk how to describe it the middle bar bends way to far down
    near thats cool except the lil knob on the r
    maven thats awesome except the entension on the top of the e

3. ShIfTeD

ShIfTeD Elite Member

i really need to know if i have to go back to basics again the top one is my main throw and the 2ndd im working on

sky-cant crit you its all real nice
    aces-the k's legs are sorta skinny and too far apart and the s is......idk how to describe it the middle bar bends way to far down
    near thats cool except the lil knob on the r
    maven thats awesome except the entension on the top of the e [/b][/quote]
    yes you should go back to simples....your throws have absolutely no flow at all, and they hold no structure

start with marshmallow letters dude, believe me

4. whahappen?

whahappen? Elite Member

alright
    do you think zaes is an alrgiht name or should i just forget about it

5. RustyBurrito

RustyBurrito Senior Member

Zaes seems like it would be pretty easy to do and would look cool. Not many people have names that start with Z either so...

6. Trauma

Trauma Member

Necro- I like the letters, clean it up a bit and that would be really nice

ai153.photobucket.com_albums_s233_RainGraffiti_DSCF0620.jpg
    I know my letters arent the same size, I was going to draw something under the end but got lazy.

7. Billburg

Billburg Senior Member

8. noam12

noam12 Senior Member

lol crave it reminds me of white castle, dont put that many holes or eyes whatevr on ur e though

9. RustyBurrito

RustyBurrito Senior Member

Snap I like the one on the top right but the S looks a little weird on the bottom because it's not even like the other ones. The left side should come towards the middle earlier.

The bottom one would be alright but the letters are a little squshed especially the N and the S doesn't really match the style of the rest of the letters.

10. Sumoe

Sumoe Elite Member

Zaes seems like a good name and the letters look like the could flow well, it is also pretty symmetric withe the "Z" as the first letter and ending with an "S"its a good name, but as they say its not the name, it's what you do with it...lol. :D

11. AcuTe1-StaSHBoy

AcuTe1-StaSHBoy Senior Member

bump.. sry I just want more crits
    can I get sumthing different the simples lol
    I already know about simples and I'm practicing as we post lol
    I just wanna kno wat I should improve on

12. Deso7

Deso7 Senior Member

dont make it so jagged lose the drips and work on letter structure

13. Fosale!

Fosale! Elite Member

ai5.photobucket.com_albums_y158_AlexheartsJennifer_2_4.jpg

for the Bawkster with tons o' :wub:

but i fucked up the love with a shitty F and x's

14. LAGE

LAGE Member

ya i'd kinda like someone to actually point out what's wrong with them not just saying "simples".

15. Sumoe

Sumoe Elite Member

your letter structure is bad, you have too many random bumps and edges that do nothing to enhance the look of the letters and actually make them look worse. The last one is horrible the huge extensions and random bars make it looks really ugly even the huge extension isn't straight it's all bumpy and shit, very ugly, learn your letter structure , use bars and the number one thing is to do simples yea they can get boring but they help alot, so just do them if you want to improve, if you don't want to get better keep doing sketches like you last one <_< , just trying to help B) .

16. LAGE

LAGE Member

thank you sumoe thats all i asked for. :)

17. EZ3iL

EZ3iL Member

Do you think this is toy?
    i did it for an exchange on 12oz

ai77.photobucket.com_albums_j46_ez3il_scan0004_1.jpg

18. stroke

stroke Member

trauma- your letter structure still needs some work but still a lot better than what what you first posted. your on the right track

snap- not so sure about that first one but the bubly one would look real dope if you worked on that S and added a shadow..

acute- try doing blocks for a little while cause the structure on that peice is kinda bad..looks like you where shacking while drawing it..also, id lose the drips and that thing on the T, stay as simple as you can till you get letter structure down itll help a lot

[Broken External Image]:http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/7348/throwsve4.jpg

first attempt at a throwie..crits?

19. Deso7

Deso7 Senior Member

i like the handy

20. ras

ras Banned

Shifted...are you know the Throw Up know it all .. ? :lol: