Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. uhhh

uhhh Elite Member

please dont. :)
    you really need to work on your stuff,
    or at least let us see some clean stuff before painting it.

2. ''SCC''

''SCC'' Senior Member

yeah yeah
    wut i need to do is work on a good style cus the one i gots now is stright shit
    i was just posting some practice shit not relly ment to be clean

3. Skeam

Skeam Senior Member

SCC, dont ask for crits if your just gunna spit em back in his face, i really dislike you.

4. ''SCC''

''SCC'' Senior Member

5. Gist

Gist Senior Member

sfc u have no style no one has a style wen they start its somthing u gain through knowledge and experience younge grasshopper. Until u can catch a fly with chopsticks u r not a tru ninja :ph34r:

6. Sumoe

Sumoe Elite Member

yes it is straight shit...but style is not what you need right now, right now you need structure, get that down then move to style, not the other way around...

7. darthbaker

darthbaker Senior Member

8. Gist

Gist Senior Member

SEE TH ELETERS ON UR KEYBOARD U LETERS SHOULD LOOK LIKE THAT exept bigger keep everything in proportion go basic

9. NoneOfThisIsReal

NoneOfThisIsReal Senior Member

Haven't sketched in forever -- a few months or something. Been so busy with school and getting into college and other stuff.

I did this quick 30-second (not really ... longer than that. It was quick but I didn't exactly time myself) sketch last night with a pen; my guidelines are still there except the very lightest ones, so it's pretty messy. And the "T" is fat, and the legs of the "A" are disproportionate, and 100 other things are wrong with it, but whatever. It's better than completely starting over from scratch; I have something to work with.

Oh, and the 3D on JK and on ATL was from two different perspectives. It's supposed to be JK-ATL as one name, but I felt like experimenting with perspectives.
    [Broken External Image]:http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/6765/dscf2049ot4.jpg

10. Sumoe

Sumoe Elite Member

still is really bad, and don't waste color on that, letters are still bad do simples man, like gist said, like the letters on your keyboard, don;t worry about 3D yet either.

11. darthbaker

darthbaker Senior Member

12. whynot?

whynot? Senior Member

13. darthbaker

darthbaker Senior Member

now how do i improve my technique and shit like i though the last one i did was aiight but like what should i be doin different?

14. darthbaker

darthbaker Senior Member

15. C3ZR ONE

C3ZR ONE Moderator

Zeal- Now you're on the right track. You're probably wondering "What the fuck does this have to do with graff? This is boring." Well, take a look at those simple letters. The Z is almost right, the E is wobbly, The A is also wobbly and structured incorrectly (beneath the hole in the middle, you aren't going to have a hole if the letter is constructed with 2 vertical bars going straight up, you cut chunks out of the sides of the bars) and the L is too small. Now you know that you need to work on focusing on your letter widths and straightness, cuzz you can't rock a good flow without being able to draw a straight line or get the widths correct. The other thing it teaches you is the bare essential flow of the letter. People try to jump on adding all kinds of extra shit or bend letters way out of wack without paying attention to what the letters flow naturally does leaving their letters looking comepletey unnatural and unattractive. You build off the natural shape.
    Good on you for actually taking advice. ;) That New to Graffiti thread will help you out alot too along with ALOT of practice.

EDIT- I just saw the second one. The A is a different style then the rest of the letters. As far as progressing your style, you can play around with style when you get bored with simples, but if you wanna get better, just keep doing simples for a while till you can do them perfectly and study other styles closely.

16. darthbaker

darthbaker Senior Member

yeah for that second attepmt thing that still wasnt good i tried to bite like every letter they had to give examples hhahaha ill definatly keep working on my shit

17. inkbits

inkbits Senior Member

whynot the big hole in the A is interesting but you'd need to pull the whole style off in a similar way somehow to use that.

Sumoe your stuff is looking tight.

Zeal keep at the simples man.

uhhh dig that skateboard few pages back. I haven't skated in about 5 years but this'd be inkbits trashed old ride (brushed the cobwebs off for pic)...

[Broken External Image]:http://209.85.48.9/8780/128/upload/p9821620.jpg

(...and nah I don't wear pink shoes).

18. darthbaker

darthbaker Senior Member

19. ''SCC''

''SCC'' Senior Member

20. dibz

dibz Senior Member

there really jagged, and alot of un-neccosary addons the s is to high above the other letters and the e is to low, there not all lined up, the structure is not very solid as well

finally got some stickers [Broken External Image]:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v304/muffybuns88/100_0799.jpg
    the one w/ the faces is crk