Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. Xsjadox

Xsjadox Senior Member

heh... *remembers when his pieces looked like Got Paint?*

Got Paint? : As I`m sure most members will say,try going very simple,like a basic default font... and then slowly develop it over months into your own style.But for now try simple

2. mind.or.matter

mind.or.matter Senior Member

O.k Got paint............. Wow, waaaaaaaay too complicated, stop drawing like that for now until you get down basic letter structure. Just work on straight and basic letters for a while... A looooooong while, it may seem boring and it's repeated over and over again in this thread but its how you get better...

3. RustyBurrito

RustyBurrito Senior Member

Whoaaaaa got paint...lose ALL of those "extensions" if you can even call it that. Make something simple out of the letters in the second one and then maybe it will be good.

4. Got Paint?

Got Paint? Member

aright thanks i guess im tryin to get a little ahead of myself

5. Gist

Gist Senior Member

rusty ur name says it all ur drawings looks rusty. I mean they are some what simple but u dont have a strong leter structure ur colouring sort hides that. lose the arrows and dont attach leters together. The last one you did has the best idea going with it. Keep everything straight, in proportion and then slowly start bending the leters around. Trial and error is how u get beter

sore- use blocks or bars to construct ur letters it helps you to keep things in proportion and dont attach your leters together your 3-d is off at some points it looks like its goin to a vanishing point and other points look like everything is just goin parrelel

deo- not bad try to keep your threed or drop shadow in proportion and lose the frankestien stitch lines in your leters. try bending the back of your E only slightly to help it look rounder so it flows with the d n the o keep it up

acute- lose the little thing on the end of the r . ur leters are fairly simple but some look beter then others. I would recomend using bars and straight lines for now because with ur c's u have the littl point in the middle which makes its look like a shitty E and the circle throwie is alright there but be honest did u bite the circle idea off the bomber from state your name cus he does his exept the lines end with a dot so but if not its cool

bouncing soul i cant krit you lol :p

ai107.photobucket.com_albums_m318_sketch_10_gesc.jpg

Its a bit messy cus i have a bad habit of touchin the paper with my fingers n smudging everything. first time in a bit tryna flex the leters around a bit critz plz

6. mind.or.matter

7. AcuTe1-StaSHBoy

AcuTe1-StaSHBoy Senior Member

bump for crits

got paint- stick to simple and never end your letters with an arrow not that many atleast

rusty- nice stuff like the colors

gist- naw I never seen that movie

8. MUSASHI

MUSASHI Elite Member

this whole page needs cleaning up ...if you gotta use another peice of paper so be it...dont show up with crap all over your paper,I mean maybe my styles are wack but at least it's clean ,fuck!!!!

io'm talking about the last page

9. BohemianBastard

BohemianBastard Senior Member

anybody want me to do them a quick piece before i fall asleep
    i dunno what to write :(
    but this time, one please
    oh and melo ive got yours i just fucked up the outline reaaallll bad

10. Gist

Gist Senior Member

ai107.photobucket.com_albums_m318_sketch_10_gesc.jpg
    before

ai107.photobucket.com_albums_m318_sketch_10_gesc1.jpg
    after

i prefered the one i did first i fucked up the c like mad on the second one lol critz for the c

11. AcuTe1-StaSHBoy

AcuTe1-StaSHBoy Senior Member

boheimanbastard can you write aqte for me

thanks in advance

12. RustyBurrito

RustyBurrito Senior Member

stashboy - I like the letter style in the first set of stickers. The last one looks a little weird to me. It's unique which is good but it just looks plain to me. Maybe try adding a drop shadow or something/highlights on the letters.

Gist - I like the C in the second one more personally...seems to flow with the letters better. Maybe try making the G a little bit more like the C in the second one and the c in the second one a bit more like the C in the first one so it's kind of in the middle. Basically just take the first one and make the bottom parts of the C and G a little shorter...I don't know why but it just looks weird to me.

13. Got Paint?

Got Paint? Member

aright guy i need some help everyone is telling me to go more basic and i know i need to but when i try to go basic it just comes out rediculously gay and boring like this

[Broken External Image]:http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e390/dm22/P1000674.jpg
    [Broken External Image]:http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e390/dm22/P1000670.jpg

and when i try to do cool shit it also comes out gay and bad like this
    [Broken External Image]:http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e390/dm22/P1000662.jpg

how do i progress to where i want to be i know i need to practice a lot and im willing to do that i just don know what to practice

14. ''HAZE'' *88*

''HAZE'' *88* Senior Member

that piece gist done is kool, ima grip n sip it
    -Puple Drank

15. mind.or.matter

Well go to the "New To Graffiti? Start Here!" thread and it shows you how to construct basic block letters, and juss keep workng on those for a looong time and youll start to progress

16. Gist

Gist Senior Member

got paint whut do u write?

17. Gist

Gist Senior Member

LOL WHUT does that even mean other then it looks cool

18. Gist

Gist Senior Member

heres a shitty 5 second tuturial read it
    ai107.photobucket.com_albums_m318_sketch_10_LastScan_3.jpg

19. darthbaker

darthbaker Senior Member

20. Gist

Gist Senior Member

zeal its boring as hell yes but go back to simple straight lines like the tuturial i just posted. itll take a while to get but once you go the leter structure down u can starting bending it and twisting it how ever you want n no one can say a thing cus itll be your style so back to blocks and you have to learn to highlight properly . dont randomly add lines think of all the lines on the right side of the leters and highlight those