Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. sky 5

sky 5 Elite Member

saw gists quick tutorial, reminded me of tehse 2 pages i did a lil ahile ago

[Broken External Image]:http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/9016/1222231mr7.jpg

someone in teh old "new 2 graf" thread said none of the tutorials showed how to draw a basic simple . . . practicing simples are good for getting down letter/bar proportion and an understanding of leter structure . . top of the page is an example of teh sequence of lines i would do to draw a simple keyboard letter (when people say go simple, they usually mean keyboard simple), notice that i usually start my letters with a horizontal bar . .. the red lines going thru teh bottom BERS simple gives you an idea of how you can try and keep things proportional thru out a piece . .

[Broken External Image]:http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/6539/1222234cn0.jpg

top of this shows that once you can draw a proportional keyboard simple (in teh 1st column) you can then try to style it up a bit, column 2 shows how i go about tweakin a simple, i find the dominant bar in the letter (usually horizontal) then bend it (bend it in or out, try both ways and see which one looks/feels right) . .teh 3rd column of the top part shows what a styled up simple looks like now that youve bent teh dominant bar, added a few tabs and curves

top of teh bottom section shows you what a tab is and how easy they are to add at teh bottom/end of any bar, bottom bottom shows you how you can then exend that tab to this common addon (which i use as an addon or as teh bottom bar of my Es, top bars of my Ts, wherever they fit in)

so get keyboard simples down first, then move on to finding and bending the dominant bar of the letter, add a few tabs in, when you get better think about now extending the areas where you normaly put tabs and make them full addons doing what ever you want with them . . .

sorry for misspelling "teh" wrong so much and teh blurry pics, i tpye faster than i should

2. BIGel

BIGel Elite Member

3. Kerf1

Kerf1 Member

4. Kerf1

Kerf1 Member

5. ''HAZE'' *88*

''HAZE'' *88* Senior Member

L00k who its is..ol KERFQUAKE..super nice double post man..i don't know what to say anout the throws..so ima gunna just like someone else crit that..you should post some of your new shit soon its a lot better..
    ~FAZEADELIC~

6. Jroc1993

Jroc1993 Elite Member

it isnt really a double post its two different pics same style

7. ''HAZE'' *88*

''HAZE'' *88* Senior Member

still it could of been in one post.. therefor its a double..
    teehee holy fuck hes double posting...GET EMM!!!!!

8. Jroc1993

Jroc1993 Elite Member

lol instead of beating him we should beat u for saying teehee :lol:

9. Swavey

Swavey Member

Alrighty, So I was told to go simple, so a simple I will go....
    Just workin on my letters for a while, and handstyles. Not gonna do any full pieces for a bit.

Comments on a nice simple "S" ?
    [Broken External Image]:http://www3.telus.net/blinn/S.jpg

^_^ Swavey

10. South-Pole

South-Pole Elite Member

for me that s i ok^^..nice structure everything is there

View attachment 250123

'^this took me time,i didn't finish the N because im not sure if its ok or if it needs work

11. shamee1991

shamee1991 Elite Member

[Broken External Image]:http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u86/ShAm33/graff/crit3.jpg

well if u look at it
    T looks to powerfull in front of the o, this is becuase the t is wider than normal letters. to have the O in front of the T.

O dont put edges likeu have done because it dont looks write with the other letters.

R dont over lap ur line many people do it dunno y.

N need to look more powerfull so bring it to the left abit
    hope this helps

12. South-Pole

South-Pole Elite Member

well it does help thanks.

13. Xsjadox

Xsjadox Senior Member

14. noam12

noam12 Senior Member

fap-looseleaf is ur friend lol? is it a capital a oe loqwe case, and the p looks like a y or 4

15. Code

Code Senior Member

Xsjadox- The F is ok, but take off the little indent on the top of it, your A looks like a G, i would suggest take off the lump on the left side of the A, and your last letter looks like a Y, barely

Shamee- Your "T" seems much bigger than the other letters, and on the left side of your N take of the little lump on it and make the middle bar thicker, but your R is actually pretty decent

K so here i am overlapping my simples, just to try to get a feel for it, since all i have doin for 3 months is simple letters that spaced enough not to touch :). And the "A" on the bottom is me just tryin to find some sort of style by bending the letter in diffrent ways:)

So what you guys think

[Broken External Image]:http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/3192/scan0004vp8.jpg

16. noam12

noam12 Senior Member

how is that a double post if its 2 diff pics...notice one has a kupa on it the other is a dead face and one has drips other doesset..and wtf is thathe dobule posted crap. u looking at the one kids sig were thers 2 stick figures and they killl the double posting kid lol?

17. nickstix

nickstix Senior Member

acen...the simples on the top are nice. as for the a's on the bottom they arent so good, i think you may be trying to do too much too soon. for your next sketch just try to curve all the letters in one direction w/o adding anything.

fap...those simples are pretty nice, but the top of the a overlaps the bottom way to much to the point were its a little hard to read.

18. chili

chili Member

h

Last edited: Mar 15, 2011
  19. Code

Code Senior Member

Chili- Personally i dont like your letters look really choppy, and i really hate your A the letter structure needs alot of help, but keep working on it

20. RustyBurrito

RustyBurrito Senior Member

Chill - some parts of the letters are too skinny and it makes them look a lot worse like the bottom of the E and the bottom of the S. Also the whole thing just seems really empty and spaced apart as well. Maybe try fattening the letters a bit and maybe putting them closer together. Try to get them to flow.

Oh yeah and here's a simple I did for someone (I write slink) because everyone is always saying "OMG U NEED TO GO SIMPLE!" So here it is...i kinda messed up the 3d on the K so just ignore that :)
    View attachment 250136