Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. sacwacko

sacwacko Elite Member

already answered that question, prolly what most others will say also. [/b][/quote]
    ok....this is a toy forum......r u expecting the best shit ever...well if so????....u can go to the real black book section....were toys arnt allowed?????....and how do u expect to get better.....i was asking 4 a tip or somthin.....damn? <_<

2. ZeNiTh

ZeNiTh Senior Member

3. Stevie

Stevie Senior Member

4. Samp1e

Samp1e Senior Member

noone's expecting you to produce raw shit, and yeah, this is a toy forum. but you did get a tip, that was to go simpler and get rid of the non letter stuff in your pieces. you say you asked for a tip, he gave one but you didn't really listen to what he said. focus on the letters and how the structure of them work, meaning to say to make them blocky... I dunno if I'm making sense...

zenith, same applies to you. simplfy.

5. sacwacko

sacwacko Elite Member

noone's expecting you to produce raw shit, and yeah, this is a toy forum. but you did get a tip, that was to go simpler and get rid of the non letter stuff in your pieces. you say you asked for a tip, he gave one but you didn't really listen to what he said. focus on the letters and how the structure of them work, meaning to say to make them blocky... I dunno if I'm making sense...

zenith, same applies to you. simplfy. [/b][/quote]
    actually i did.....i asked for a tip and listened to the tip.....but thats all i asked for.....

6. Sumoe

Sumoe Elite Member

you obviously didn't listen to the whole tip, you got rid of the arrows but your not concentrating on your structure enough.

7. BIGel

BIGel Elite Member

8. LAGE

LAGE Member

sume i love your stuff but i think you should switch it up try something new instead of the same letters just my opinion i'd like to see you try a different idea or something.

9. -Sinn-

-Sinn- Senior Member

10. d_g

d_g Elite Member

The only thing that bugs me about that sketch Sume is that it feels like the 'U' should curve and lean the other way but that might jsut be because I'm a whore for symmetry.

Alllllllllll goooooood though.

11. sacwacko

sacwacko Elite Member

i hate the hate.....but true....i am still starting....i need tips on the structure though....i usually just draw over lapping squares and stuff and thicken the the outine.....

12. sacwacko

sacwacko Elite Member

BIGel....not to get personal or any thing....but wut age did u start and how long have u been writing????.....no dissing.....just wondering

13. Sumoe

Sumoe Elite Member

wacko-go to the New 2 Graff thread and it should help you lots, and by the way there's an edit button for a reason. :p

14. BIGel

BIGel Elite Member

i wasnt trying to diss on you homie, everybody hates on your shit when you first start..the key is takin all that negative and using it as fuel to get better and better. you'll here it all the time, especially on this forum, but use simples to begin with. just get really really good at doing a simple, stylish letter structure, and dont run before you can walk. there are some really good tutorials on this site by cezr etc etc that can fill you in. so learn the basics, and then get crazy with your own style. good luck.

15. C3ZR ONE

C3ZR ONE Moderator

sume i love your stuff but i think you should switch it up try something new instead of the same letters just my opinion i'd like to see you try a different idea or something. [/b][/quote]
    I second what this cat said. It's awesome to see you progressing so rapidly. You're letters are looking hotter this week then they did 2 weeks ago, but I'm starting to sense a comfort zone in those letters. Do you work other words too from time to time? Naturally, what you write is the most important thing to be able to bust, but it would be cool to see your spin on some other shit too. Props anyway. ;)

16. Heab

Heab Member

sume- i love your work
    sinn- like it has potentail just needs a little more something or a little less

this is some new shit its really bad i just picked up this name like yetarday just testing it out[Broken External Image]:http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/2191/dscn1149so6.jpg i know its like super duper toy just looking for crits

17. C3ZR ONE

C3ZR ONE Moderator

Wow Heab... I wish there was a nice way to say it's some of the worst shit I seen in a grip. :( Go to blocks homie. You either have little control over what your pen is doing, or lack of focus, or both. You have a despererate need for block letters to to get these issues remedied. I'd also suggest you put more time and effort into what you're doing and focus. Maybe New to Graffiti thread can help you out a bit?

Keep workin on it homeboy... A whole bunch. ;)

18. Nem

Nem Elite Member

bigel - you inspire me. seriously. i really respect you as an artist and i hope to be as good as you one day. i just like your style.

sume - i think you definitely have the potential to break out of those letter molds and try totally different stuff. i wanna see it.

sinn - i like the last one. keep doin stuff like that. the other ones didn't really stand out to me too much.

heab - keyboard letters mi amigo. don't do anything fancy. you suck until further notice. thats how it is for all toys. hey, i'm stuck in the same boat as you. don't feel bad. just practice.

[Broken External Image]:http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l145/mblavis777/nem10.jpg

[Broken External Image]:http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l145/mblavis777/nem11.jpg

i was relatively high while doing both of these. but i had the idea in my head earlier in the day.

any crit is welcome.

edit: that N really does not flow. sorry. disregaurd that.

double edit: actually. it all sucks.

19. -Sinn-

-Sinn- Senior Member

Nem i dig the idea behind the eye one but hate to sound like a cliche stick to simples and blocks plus ill give a tip a clean background gives a good impression and u should maybe try some 3-D's once u get good with blocks and remember the vanishing point and u might wanna keep the same width throughout the whole letter

thnx for the critz guys ill have more soon

20. nase7

nase7 Senior Member

Sinn- a few of them made me laugh just get some letter structure using bars at first though dont try and jump in the deepend.

Heab- Thats some of the worst shit i have ever seen thats nursery.

Nem- ditch the skinny and fat bits for the meantime just get some nice basic letters to develop, like blocks. And to Nem and Heab dont colour until you have some form of structure its a waste of ink.