Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. Jank

Jank Elite Member

2. AimoOne

AimoOne Banned

why should this be resevered for me...

.. <_<

i never said it was...i just asked..div

so bascially the meaning off flow is...THE SAME STRUCTURE OF LETTER THROUGHOUT THE PEICE AND SAME SIZE ETC.

3. South-Pole

South-Pole Elite Member

^^dope but kinda bit sloppy but still dope

4. -Sinn-

-Sinn- Senior Member

my lesson on flow is cunt punt is funny shit to say

5. sky 5

sky 5 Elite Member

yes that is as simple as S can get, when you draw the bar/lines draw them past teh point of where they will connect with other bars so the angles are clean and not rounded and clumpy like yours . . .

flow, like sume said alil while ago and what i believe, is the repition of certain moves when balanced correctly creates movement . .. watched a video a few days ago and TRACY 168 said that too but WTF does that mean???? . .one thing that helped me with letters is to find teh dominant bar in a letter and work from their keeping the dominant bar of teh letter as the backbone/centerpeice in which all other bars must comply/balance/compliment . . .

6. enigmatic

enigmatic Senior Member

not exactly. ive seen peices with inconsistancys that still flow. just picture the piece as a a single letter after youve drawn it. just forget a bout the letters for a second and look to see if the whole thing is aesthetically pleasing. if it looks good, it flows. if it doesnt. it doesnt.

7. TricksForKids

TricksForKids Elite Member

8. Jank

Jank Elite Member

flwo is about consistent style running through the letters , with the letters working off each other rather than just have individual letters which have no relationship to each other.. mehg thats wot i'd say.

bumping my own shit onto a new page.. altho i ahte bumping.. ah well im a hippppoooo

[Broken External Image]:http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y57/STAK/STILEexchange.jpg
    EDIT:

tricks:
    love it. what happened to the old regs style tho? i always loved that! thot hese are nice too. love the fatup 3d.

9. sky 5

sky 5 Elite Member

enigmatic - yeah its hard to pinpoint an exact scientific definition of it but i was trying to give alil more insight instead of just saying "if it looks like it flows then it flows" . . i like the way you worded it JANK

damn these questions need to be asked in teh TOY STORY THREAD . . . . i naturally blame RAS for any disturbance in the toy forum . . . :D

ANTIE lets do a quick exchange (no color), we should post our old pics from an excahnge we did a year ago . .

DAMN TRICKS thats freshly baked right there, i was gonna bump it just aint made it that far back yet!

10. Jank

Jank Elite Member

sky ur on laddy. u still writing reks?

11. Sumoe

Sumoe Elite Member

kk people I'll be workin' on exchanges now...

I owe:

Reakt
    Bawk
    Venom
    Antie

anyone else?

12. -ShAmEE-

-ShAmEE- Elite Member

flow. it the shit that sticks it together. to make every letter as one amazing peice.

13. pick_nightmares...

pick_nightmares... Member

I colour them both and mine gets burned. Life sucks.

14. toosickskillz

toosickskillz Senior Member

besides going past the point of where theywill connect...am i practing my letters the right way??

ai13.tinypic.com_33p3ec1.gif

15. AimoOne

AimoOne Banned

i think the Dan peice is pretty decent except for the hole in the D...ilike the fill

and thanks for the insight on flow..i get it now...after all that help iv done a peice that flows some what..hopefully..ima post all tomorrow as im at my friends adn he doesnt have a cam..

16. nero122

nero122 Elite Member

sume ill do an exchange ill pm u summin later

17. Sumoe

Sumoe Elite Member

Bawk-I hate your name! :p

I can't seem to get past the "A" because the left side of it next to the "B" is killin' me...so I'ma bust a SUME sketch, maybe I'll get on these exchanges later.

18. HuntingLOLs

HuntingLOLs Senior Member

keep working like that, those are really simple but still none look alike, as you keep doing this you'll probably notice something change to the better all the time, fill whole blocks of paper like that :D Just kiddin' but i like that you keep at it instead of starting to do pieces and flame any who gives critique (not that you did but some do in here) and thanks for information about flow in letters :)

some simples:

ai173.photobucket.com_albums_w46_hunting_09_DSC00455.jpg

19. sky 5

sky 5 Elite Member

20. Jank

Jank Elite Member

yoho sky5 here ya go. mmmmmmmmslopppy pen doodles are wat its all about lool.

i tried to find the old one bt cant atm.. i thin ki must've got ur name wrong last time.. i think i remember odin that.. i thin ki did a ryke for u! haha.. ah well cant find it anyhow.
    sorry for the sloopage
    [Broken External Image]:http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y57/STAK/REKSexchange.jpg

hunting lovely colours. not bad at all there mate. i wud say tho that the G and E have a very downwards facing slant, which is fine, but the B and A dont really agree with it. nice either way tho

**EDIT: wqoooo sky just saw urs. fuckin beauty! quality shit