Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. Zep0

Zep0 Senior Member

make every bar the same size, start thinner at first then build. That C add-on even though I know you were trying ditch...simpler than that, for now. The only problem was you were hacking up your edges trying to make it look "busy" I guess...dont do that. Just straight simples.

2. Deadpoolzer0

Deadpoolzer0 Senior Member

So to get this looking better....straight, thin, blocks? basicly keyboard letters?
    So one i sit down and get it looking straight and all the same size bar wise....can i bend them after that?or should i put a lick of what i got for the sketch thats thin and same size?

3. Wutchoogonnadoo?

Wutchoogonnadoo? Banned

thanks for the crit...I have been doing bars to make the letters....the are only slightly bent....so how do I avoid that "overdoing" it look? It isnt like its a horrid starting point of the letters....but is it just because of the proportions?

and whatyougonado.....I was just going step by step so I cant show people who are willing to give critisicm what I am doing on each "step".......its not like im just throwing shit down on a paper and calling it awesome...i want a lil guidance into why people arent feeling the style... [/b][/quote]
    yeah but you dont need to do all that shit just to get critizism...we give you it based on the overall look..not when its half done...if it was that way ... evryone would be oing it ... aha...

all in all...just do blocks...helped moi...and most of us in here..
    if blocks helped yah....e-clap

* E-CLAP *

4. Deadpoolzer0

yeah but you dont need to do all that shit just to get critizism...we give you it based on the overall look..not when its half done...if it was that way ... evryone would be oing it ... aha...

all in all...just do blocks...helped moi...and most of us in here..
    if blocks helped yah....e-clap

* E-CLAP * [/b][/quote]
    ok so now that i have had all this talk on here....how does making all the letters straight make you able to further complicate it? if i am understanding what you guys all said collectively ... as long as i didnt blow the bars out of ridiculous proportions...they could all bend the same and be just as fine as the stright lines?

5. ESKE one

ESKE one Senior Member

6. Deadpoolzer0

eske....I am just gonna say what i was told...go simple first....your bending then letters and its losing its flow in my opinion....some parts of it stick out more than others...like the middle part of that E i think.....its just kinda there.....i duno... if it was more spread out and had the right 3d that you were trying for....and the letters werent so bent I would like it more..

7. whahappen?

whahappen? Elite Member

8. ASB_ONE

ASB_ONE Senior Member

no offence yeh but if u dont understand why you should do simple letters, then dont pass that advice on quite yet, learn why u should do it then start givin advice thats part of the prob in this section

edit- nah wahhappen - to vac

9. whahappen?

whahappen? Elite Member

10. Wutchoogonnadoo?

Wutchoogonnadoo? Banned

The wisest thing Mr.Guest has said since he asked for the keetle to be put on for Match Of The Day :p :lol: Jokes...but thats true what you said Geust

ZEPO...You seem to be giing ALOT of help..post sum of your stuff...i dont think iv seen it

Paint STILL HASNT COME..BEEN A FUCKING WEEK :angry: :angry: :angry: :( :( :angry: :angry: :angry:

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
    RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH

11. Sumoe

Sumoe Elite Member

why don't you just use rusto and shit...you don't need montana.

12. ESKE one

ESKE one Senior Member

im not sure zers but i think that goes in the handy thread

13. ASB_ONE

ASB_ONE Senior Member

uk init sume, the equivilant to your rusto over here is this shit you pick up in b&q and its fucn awful man serious, although agreed u dun have to use a big label paint but serious u dun want that b and q shit.

14. Sumoe

Sumoe Elite Member

15. ASB_ONE

ASB_ONE Senior Member

fresh man ^^^ erm i duno i dont buy it lol, i rock monster colours ther about 3 quid a can so wats that 4 or 5 $ i duno

16. Deadpoolzer0

Nah i understand why....I'm just saying that how everyone else says it...the blocks could be any which shape as long as they stay in proportion and resemble what the letter is....its makes sense if what zepo says is true..it does seem more understandable if i took a ruler and did keyboard letters and then took that same measurments and just bent the long ways sides of the bars to a certain degree....it would be the same thing! thats my 2 cents anyways...I just am going to tell people what i like about the sketch and what i would have liked to see in the sketch.. <_<

17. MainEvent

MainEvent Senior Member

sume- damn homie. loving that shit, how long have you been writing? both simple and wildstyle pieces are dope.

eske- lookin alright, i'd say just clean it up a bit. the B is hurt and you could clean the M up around the middle part but just keep fuckin with it.

whahappened?- like the top one.

vac- just rock block letters. just minimal variation to V-A-C on the keyboard type shit. then work from there

18. Wutchoogonnadoo?

Wutchoogonnadoo? Banned

i aint using montana sume...im using belton...and at £3 you crnt go wrong...i mean...its £4 for shitty b&q shit like Guest said...thats why im using Belton...

liking it Sume..i just aint likin the simple tho..i dont know why :eek: :blink: .. maybe its cuz im ill

19. ASB_ONE

ASB_ONE Senior Member

vac - sounds like u dun get it quite yet blud.

some scribbles i done earlier, yer i know thers a rest 185 but i was bored of g's

View attachment 271457

20. -ShAmEE-

-ShAmEE- Elite Member

looks sick. but need to be clean. i kno it's hard!