Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. The_Sheep

The_Sheep Senior Member

This post will porbably get deleted, but some mods need to regulate the ridiculous amount of bumping going on in this thread, this thread gets swamped because people bump there shit after only two posts, wtf? And it just starts an endless cycle of everyone bumping their shit constantly so theyre shit dont get swamped, mods please alleviate this problem...maybe restrict bumps to the next page and only 1 bump per pic? cause i seen some guys who have bumped their SAME tired pics like 5 times, just some suggestions.

And so i am not crit less:
    Cyto - not sure if it was the effect you were going for or what but that piece jus dies towards the end, did u get lazy or something? The G R and A look good but the F F I T I looks skinny, plain, and dont flow at all, redo the piece or erase from the F.

And Crane, stfu honestly, you dont need to reply to every comment made towards you, just fuckin do your thing, but stfu

2. Skesh

Skesh Elite Member

3. glass

glass Senior Member

same, first three are the best. the other letters look like they should be a bit thicker

also to the mods: lots of beef in here, not pointing fingers, but it should be checked more. maybe you're doing you job and working on it and if so then just disregard this post.

4. TheBombing

TheBombing Member

hmmmm andreo or w.e nice job

5. d_g

d_g Elite Member

Yeah, I've been trying to keep on top of that but it's hard to moderate bumps at the moment, the majority of my time is spent deleting chat and unhelpful shit in the main 3 pic forums.

Another reason it happens is that I get like 3 pages of chat and people bumping their pics to next page because of all the chat, fair enough. But when I go back and delete all the chat and shit it probably appears that they bumped 3 times on one page, know what I mean? Either way, I'll try and get on top of it.

Thanks for the feedback.

6. thesilentvandal

thesilentvandal Banned

7. Gumdrop.Behemoth

Gumdrop.Behemoth Senior Member

you know this is fucking great I like how ppl post pics with no crits no nothing and still get crits and the complain and argue about the crits but some ppl like myself leave a handful of helpful tips and get none back I mean its bullshit

mods can we do something about this like unless you leave 4 or more crits you get none back or you have to crit everything infront of you something along those lines plz

8. uhhh

uhhh Elite Member

Last edited: Jul 8, 2007
  9. Socrates

Socrates Senior Member

you cant force people to "crit" your "work"
    forced opinions are wack

10. Gumdrop.Behemoth

Gumdrop.Behemoth Senior Member

I hear wat your saying socrates but if you have to bump your shit 3 times, 3 different pages and still not get one crit I mean come on

11. Socrates

Socrates Senior Member

true
    but the question isnt "why arent they helping me improve", its "why the hell do i need their "crits"". Feel moi? The fact is most people here dont know shit (me amongst them), all you need to do is remember the golden rules
    1) Simples
    2) Do whatever you're comfortable with
    (though i must add that i hate almost all graffiti except ny old school, so #2 is kinda hypocritical...no?)
    Dont complain, just keep on sketching/painting/smoking

Pikcha mi rollin
    i wanna see how long its gonna take for one of these new "mods" to delete this
    also, if i said anything that doesnt make sense, forgive me please im not really here here

EDIT- anyone up for an exchange?

12. giganticCrane

giganticCrane Senior Member

uhhh, your right it isnt clear but thats such a dope idea. but with a stencil that small, it probably fits in your pocket... so why are you putting it on stickers? it would only take a few more seconds to just do the stencil than to slap a sticker....
    but its a dope look either way.

13. uhhh

uhhh Elite Member

yeah,
    im gonna redo it and make the bridges bigger.
    and for doing it on stickers,
    im 15. i have to keep everythign from my parents,
    so its hard to smuggle a can of paitn out of the house vs. a stack of stickers.
    not to mention everyone who ses you walking down the street wit ha huge bulge.
    plus i have a few thousand stickers and would like to get rid of them.
    ENSR, can we exchange?!
    puuuuurrty please.
    hah.

14. FIN one

FIN one Senior Member

15. Chalk

Chalk Senior Member

added the forcefield borg mentioned. and some simples
    aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v495_k_vandal_chalk_pinkforeals.jpg

16. addicted

addicted Member

Chalk- Lovin the piece, the simples dope.

17. chalk-nice simples. and im feeling that k nice job

18. .D.H.

.D.H. Senior Member

ha chalk i actually dislike the k. the bottom right leg is awkward but the rest is shteez. except the s in 'reals' but you needn't worry bout that.

fin one i see potential. youre e is to small and the lower half of the s is sorta odd. and a little less add ons might do good but thats up to you.

19. SLEDGEHAMMER

SLEDGEHAMMER Senior Member

Chalk- im not feeling the K, and the letters seem weakly proportioned as the A is bending to the left but the L is straight. Maybe try and make it abit more cemetrical by straightening the A and making the backbone of the L bend the other way. Nice 3d and the simple is cool, overall looks good man.

Maybe bring the leg on the K straight down instead of a long bar across.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2007
  20. d_g

d_g Elite Member

This sorta thing is hard for the mods to enforce.

Not everyone here is posting here to get crits, there's a few people around who just wanna post up their pics and couldn't give two shits about criticism.

Some people still crit these pics but that's up to them, just luck of the draw.

I agree with you on people posting pics with a lot of crits and then not getting anything in return, it does suck, but at the same time you can't force people to give your work crits.

You guys can start enforcing it if you want, I'm happy to help out but as a mod there's not much I can do about it, it's mainly up to you guys to crit the people who have given advice out and ignore the people who didn't give any advice. We did it a few months back in this forum and it worked out really well, pretty much everyone except for the new cats to the forum were giving out advice with their posts but it died down recently. Spread the word that if you don't give crits you won't get any in return. Put it your signature as well. It will take a few days but everyone will eventually catch on.