Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. G - Wahl

G - Wahl Elite Member

2. Scare2

Scare2 Senior Member

3. Nem

Nem Elite Member

4. uhhh

uhhh Elite Member

uhm, mods.
    where are youuuu?

5. tonentink

tonentink Senior Member

6. Hunger-im now a fan of you work, i have awalys liked it but now...i look forward to you stuff man...good job and keep it up!

7. Dusk07

Dusk07 Senior Member

8. NoneOfThisIsReal

NoneOfThisIsReal Senior Member

Dusk07: I like both of them, but on the second one the D doesn't feel right. Maybe don't make the bottom-left of the D's leg go so far up?

A work in progress. I've been preparing for a road trip the last couple of days, so I've been sketching here-and-there for like 3 minutes at a time. I'm thinking I should make the N more like the V? And I have writer's block as far as the E goes ... seeing as I haven't drawn it yet. And that swoosh thing is something I've seen a ton of local writers use, thought I might try it out (on paper, anyways)

Anyways, crits?
    [Broken External Image]:http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/1213/0713072040st2.jpg

9. bloodlandmoney

bloodlandmoney Senior Member

wow... i think you need to take a little more time in your peices, you can really tell you only took 3 minitues . BUT the letter structure is ok nothing new

10. capo93

capo93 Senior Member

ai148.photobucket.com_albums_s7_mek2_2007_DSC02386.jpg
    ughh first post of a sketch in a while says mek...
    dusk- seems pretty simple but i would use bars still there are certain parts of your letters that dont really work out?
    scare- looks good but i dont like the way the s overlaps your c and i agree with the thing on the leg of your r but its a good start
    sinn- keep working on that it could end up reallllllllllllllllllly dope

11. HuntingLOLs

HuntingLOLs Senior Member

nah, the charac is like some futurama shizzle, matt groening or whatever...if you wanna do 3d the charac is placed realle bad as it is - your D, imo, has to little space compared to the R and A (mostly the R dominates), thats always one of the harder things to get flowing imo - spaces and letters.
    anyway, some sketches:
    View attachment 289510
    View attachment 289511

12. cel...

cel... Member

13. NoneOfThisIsReal

NoneOfThisIsReal Senior Member

"A work in progress" = I know it's messy, and I'll clean it up after I actually draw the last letter.

14. Drakula

Drakula Elite Member

HLOLS-Thanks for the crit.I like the second one alot.Just forget the background for now though and just do black and white stuff.
    Capo-Looks like a nice euro style from what I can see at this stage.
    View attachment 289512
    Very sketchy.I think I made teh R smaller this time but I fucked up the arrow on it.

edit:I do the same piece over and over as eventually as it'll evolve.You just have to keep tweaking it over and over to get a good solid flow and letter style.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2007
  15. Phobia-oner

Phobia-oner Member

16. N.O.T.E

N.O.T.E Senior Member

gong nice shit keep it up, draks overall its ight, im just not feeling that space between the R and A, i dunno its probably just me

new style im workin on
    ai193.photobucket.com_albums_z230_ase_9_Untitled_1.jpg_4039e3e2e743a5a2300aa9befedd4672.jpg

17. Sumoe

Sumoe Elite Member

Gay arrows/add-ons.

18. BLTZ

BLTZ Senior Member

ok lets try this again
    Im thinking about adding a header(Welcome 2 Salem)
    aimg33.picoodle.com_img_img33_9_7_14_t_welcolm2salm_8ddf95c.png
    did that work
    crits.

19. Jroc1993

Jroc1993 Elite Member

yeah it worked but i dont know what to say about it, i cant tell if it has structure or not but i like jesus

20. SOOF

SOOF Senior Member

BLTZ - concentrate more on your letter focus for now, get a decent style down then start adding the fun shit.