Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. mas$

mas$ Elite Member

i agree wit ray, try jamin ur letters together, and like adding extensions and stuff, also play with the line thickness, uniform isnt interesting

2. mas$

mas$ Elite Member

yea, but uve got it now, so sketch away..perhaps look at pieces and study thier style, like the connector ideas and the flows and stuff, dont bite, just use it and incorporate it into your style, and improve on it

3. rayseone

rayseone Senior Member

NO NO NO, revolt dont start adding extensions yet, not to be mean but i think youve got the idea of bars and you know what you need to work on, you need to work on structure lots, look at what makes a letter a letter, you dont need style at this point. all i would say is try to draw for like 10 mins a dayevery day, and if its a good day, sometimes that will turn into like an hour, you will notive results. but anyway enough with chat, more pics

4. Drakula

Drakula Elite Member

5. -Sinn-

-Sinn- Senior Member

Drak lookin fuckin awsome i think the characters head looks a lil big but w/e

did this waitin for a bus
    View attachment 290382
    crits?

6. FIN one

FIN one Senior Member

haha how small is that? its not that bad tho try movin ur letter together more

7. dim

dim Elite Member

drak u see how wen u drew the paint can one end is curved up and the other end curved down make sure there both curving in the same way everything else is good

8. whahappen?

whahappen? Elite Member

9. silentchaos14

silentchaos14 Elite Member

yeah drak's is tight. sinn's aint so bad either.
    edit:i cant read yurs whahappen

10. Chalk

Chalk Senior Member

all i have to say about this is. mediocre letters. obnoxious colors. and my blue marker died.... sad day. i was feeling bizarre today.
    aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v495_k_vandal_chalk_face.jpg

11. lilskip808

lilskip808 Member

12. -ShAmEE-

-ShAmEE- Elite Member

13. rayseone

rayseone Senior Member

shame - go simpler man

caur -use bars

chalk - pretty fresh man, i dont like the H much tho

14. Scare2

Scare2 Senior Member

ahaha hell yes drak. ur gettin really good with your style and switchin it up in small steps i really like the progression of it.

sinn-
    its a nice simple. maybee go a lil further next time.

chalk-
    creative and clean as usual. i like the faces but im not as sure about the teeth in the C. i would really wana see some wilder styles from you. theyd be sick.

lil skip-
    its pretty good. id say move the C back away from the A a little. and keep your letters more or less the same thickness but its looking good. nice and simple. also go to the new to graph thread on the forums and check out what it says about bars and such. its really helpfull for structure.

shame-
    it looks really good but its hard to see all the lines and the structure watch the size of the letters. (the left got a little smalller) and make sure it is all on an even level. but it looks really good. put some ink on it.

15. SEKT

SEKT Member

SHAME - fuckin ill, i dont think i can crit it
    CAUR - try to keep the bottem of the letters in the same place and back up the C like scare2 said

just some boring one letter black and whites and a new charak (photobucket's edit was broken so the second two are sideways)

[Broken External Image]:http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g274/AKpress/DSCN0062.jpg
    [Broken External Image]:http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g274/AKpress/DSCN0060.jpg
    [Broken External Image]:http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g274/AKpress/DSCN0064.jpg
    [Broken External Image]:http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g274/AKpress/DSCN0063.jpg

16. emokid

emokid Senior Member

sekt, character looks quite good, letters need toning down, too much stuff going on.

ai197.photobucket.com_albums_aa215_pork_album_DSCN6675.jpg

oo pencilly. i would like to say, this is not a new name, but an alternate one to pear.

17. hungr

hungr Senior Member

another H
    ai15.photobucket.com_albums_a365_mct1ts_DSC00620.jpg
    sharpies on a table
    ai15.photobucket.com_albums_a365_mct1ts_DSC00621.jpg

18. lilskip808

lilskip808 Member

19. uhhh

uhhh Elite Member

this is so ill.
    i wuish i could do 3-d stuff.
    but the shading kind of makes my head explode.

20. Blackeyed_Pea

Blackeyed_Pea Senior Member

Do simple block letters with your bars learn the structure its what your lacking.