Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. Blackeyed_Pea

Blackeyed_Pea Senior Member

I Agree, you place your letters so awkwardly so your forced to drop some ridiculous addons to make it fit, drop all of the addons and take a look at how your piece is structured, fix the structuring make your letters flow together and be proportionate and then try some extensions to flare it out a little. Right now your using extensions to make it seem like the letters fit but your not fooling anyone.

2. 7thIncision

7thIncision Senior Member

Yeah man I know JUST how you feel. Im going crazy trying to do some pieces in my book. I have just been starting by writing really lightly really basic in pencil then looking where i can add on to it, erase that spot then make the change, and if its no good erase it and put the new one back in. I am having the same problem you are with where to make the tweaks/addons/whatever. any suggestions from anyone?

3. Stinky

Stinky Senior Member

Try and not make things so angular, each letter should have its own flow but then be able to tie in with the overall piece. You seem to be trying to fit your letters like puzzle pieces, instead I suggest drawing each letter seperately until you feel you have nailed down letter structure, after this your nice color combos will only benefit the drawing rather than with this case tae away from it hope this helps . And know for my crap...

[Broken External Image]:http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/9317/scan0005vh9.jpg

[Broken External Image]:http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/3601/scan0006px2.jpg

4. rushoner

rushoner Senior Member

ok...been working on letter structure and shit..cant get my letters to flow...i was thinkin of changin muh name to like sope or some shit like that

5. Z FUSE

Z FUSE Senior Member

[Broken External Image]:http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/6981/dsc00373dv6.jpg
    anything.
    -rush ow long have you been at it? cuz that stuff doesn't come easy, so you might not want to give up on ur name yet, but sometimes, changing ur name or writing something else for a few actually gives you more ideas.

6. paste

paste Senior Member

7. Captain

Captain Senior Member

8. Sou - Mvd

Sou - Mvd Senior Member

9. exhale

exhale Senior Member

BUMP FOR CRITS

trik - on your throw lose everything but the letters and colour
    z fuse - the top of the i looks a bit weird

10. amk

amk Elite Member

ill. by far the bestest thing youv ever done...but please cut it with the one post crits man.

Sheep...listen dude....your telling someone who is at a stage waaaay beyond you what he shudnt and shud bein gdoing when it isnt for you to tell him ... just remeber your place man....I KNOW you have your opinion....but Drak has been the fastest dude iv EVER seen imrpove the way he as since iv been here...and thats about 2 years..wow..iv been here 2 years..:eek:..aightttt...so just chill...his shits good...

Exhale..frush frush fressshhhhhhh....abi wobbly on the line..but that shit shud be on a freight or a train..

Paste..whack kid...do what CAPTAIN said..

WISK..aight simple....but that fill is distracting .... it takes yah eyes from the most improtant part of graffiti...the letters..

Sleet and Stinky fucking kool dope smart nice !!!

good helping out ODONTTHESESTREETS

peace.

11. Roolete

Roolete Elite Member

12. Gumdrop.Behemoth

Gumdrop.Behemoth Senior Member

iight did a pretty simple s and a piece wat cha think
    ai79.photobucket.com_albums_j138_AIRGEE2302_bs069.jpg

13. Sou - Mvd

Sou - Mvd Senior Member

some of your bars are fucked up but you have the basic idea down. Work on makin gyour letters flow and add some curved bars in there. Drop all the add ons. Make your R a tad shorter and a wider and position it higher up. Try making all your letters flow in the same direction for a start. like this

You can add a few bend here and there but keep it basic for now

14. amk

amk Elite Member

View attachment 290841

for a battle if he will accept it..he wants to get down on sum Art class Deviant art portait shit...since when have writers drawn fucking lamps and flowers....this is GRAFFITI !

15. amberTrichome

amberTrichome Member

damn amk that is sick one mean looking chef...
    paste try keeping the inner shadow even distance from the outline and if your gunna do bubbles try to keep them the same size
    stinky that style is so fucking sick jeez...
    neukr try losing all the random stuff for now keep it more basic cuz it looks kinda wack
    exhale try cleaning it up a bit and making the tops all even the bottom extension on the bottom part of the e confused me for a few seconds too maybe try bringing the back part down a bit... and then fill it in i like the flow tho...[Broken External Image]:http://img160.imageshack.us/img160/9854/photo0008vz8.jpg
    crits? its pretty rough and one of my first did it in about an hour freehand... the b is weird i think and i think i messed up on the 3d i just dont know where... so i didn't thicken up the lines on it

Last edited: Jul 21, 2007
  16. amk

amk Elite Member

amber..thanks man..im not feelling your peice much tho..it kinda has potential...just work on thos letters WAAAY more..

so i gave into Atesks " still life " theme for the battle to see whos proportions are better...so i decided to atleast do sumthing grafflike..

View attachment 290845

watcha think ?..

17. The_Sheep

The_Sheep Senior Member

[QAnyway need some crits eh:

Sumo- As youll prob notice your S is inconsistent in width and size compared to your other letters, also dont try to do such fancy Os, for now do a simple circle o and try to work more on other letters, just go simpler

Someone- Personally if it was me i would have done a quick re do of the piece but thats just me, anyway if i ignore the second O your letters are actually pretty nice, and simple, which is good, just work on spacing

Stinky- Not sure what it says but from the little sketches in the background it seems like a throwie piece hybrid, so ill forgive the structure, i love the fills

Wisk- Not sure how to describe it but it just doesnt seem to have that "graffiti" look to me, structure wise though its solid

Trik- Lines look real shaky, work on keeping your hand steadier, its all about solid controlled fluid movements, if you have to sketch it in pen or pencil first, then trace with markers, markers tend to bleed when you press for two long

Chers- Im just not feeling the letters man thats all, structure wise its there but style wise it looks kinda whack

Swer- Lose the extensions, especially the one sprouting from the middle bar on the E, then just work on the letters, some of the bars look rather thin

Amber- Bars bro...

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2007
  18. FIN one

FIN one Senior Member

bump for any crits? this is the second post in a row where ive gotten like no crits, cept last time i got one. its not like i dont crit other peoples stuff here so it would be nice to know where im goin wrong or whatnot. thanks

oh and sheep and amk if youre gonna start bitchin at eachother, take it somewhere else.

19. amk

amk Elite Member

yah man..
    and FIN..theyre aight..i dont like the way you used throw letters with extensions..it looks wrong man...are you using bars...i donno man..

and Sheep..i wont beef with you...as it really seriosuly aint worth it...so if you have sumthin gto say...keep it to yourself...and not post it here in this picture thread...thanks.

20. Stinky

Stinky Senior Member