Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. cant-touch-pils

cant-touch-pils Member

2. Seti

Seti Elite Member

just scaned a sketch, and used photoshop to fill it...

3. sky_one

sky_one Senior Member

independent-simples
    capitol-nice keep it simple
    1nOnly Baze-thats dope man
    bigel-wow really love your style man
    Gumdrop.Behemoth.-simples

4. Gumdrop.Behemoth

Gumdrop.Behemoth Senior Member

sky forreal gain some knowledge before you try criting people better than you

5. rayseone

rayseone Senior Member

why do you always try to call out people worse than u

sky is only saying shit is dope, etc its not like he is giving rank pagelong crits to writers like 5 months infront of him, some people dont mind hearing good effort or something for putting in work

im not trying to be a dick, but the same goes for you gumdrop just do some fucking simples, your trying to go way beyond what your capable of and unfortunately it looks shit, trust me man you say you dont wanna do simples but it will make your graff ten thousand times better.. you got no structure. stop posting, go draw it will help much more.

amk - the idea is there, but i think the bottom of the letters are a buit too crowded and the top seem so much simpler, i have been having the same problem wen im fucking around with extensions, good shit tho. moe will be killin it too yee

seti - im not really a fan of the 3d style, but that shit pops man, i like, good work

ayte - if you took the huge extension of the A, it would look nice and simple but stylish at the same time, just keep screwing around with it

bigel - glad to see you back man, i missed your throws, ill shit

Last edited: Aug 12, 2007
  6. Scare2

Scare2 Senior Member

yeah its not like sky is giving bad crits anyway. everyone can go back to simples every now and then to refresh their style. never hurts.

and seti if thats photoshop ur a fuckin gangster with it. go into graffic design or something and make big money

7. tagkc

tagkc Member

8. Scare2

Scare2 Senior Member

tagKC man u gotta go to the new to graff forum and start with bars and simples. i was the same way when i first came on here a while ago and i thought it was pretty retarded but it makes ur letters way more solid really fast. just go check out the new to graff thread and read the whole thing.

i did this hat a couple days ago. other than the floating N what do ya think?
    ai201.photobucket.com_albums_aa170_iancarroll7_P8120001.jpg

ai201.photobucket.com_albums_aa170_iancarroll7_P8120002.jpg

9. Fube

Fube Elite Member

tagkc, u cant expand your horizons without first having a foundation man. i know people just say use simples, do simples, go back to simples, go more simple, the fact is its really the only fix. your not going simple enough. your lines arent clean, the thickness of your letters are off. your extentions dont look good. this is not something that happens over night man, u have to work at this shit. its a must. dont expect to have something decent within a week, a month, and im some cases a damn year. i dont post a lot of my stuff unless i need to hear someone tell me its shit.

anyway, my crit to u is go A LOT MORE SIMPLE.

end.

scair, u should float it all, they are simple and look ok. but your handy rock is bad. graff biased clothing is everywhere, and had to make it in. u need some street cred nukka. keep at it.

-fube-

10. mas$

mas$ Elite Member

no crits, but duuuuuude your B(on the desk) is the exact same B as me haha

11. F.R.A.T.

F.R.A.T. Senior Member

bump, only got a few critz?

scare not bad, did u use prismas?

12. Gumdrop.Behemoth

uhh r u serious again fuck man iight instead of tell me it has no structure can you plz point out the parts that make you think that

and wat do you think about this sketch:
    ai79.photobucket.com_albums_j138_AIRGEE2302_werst1.jpg

13. F.R.A.T.

F.R.A.T. Senior Member

14. Gumdrop.Behemoth

yes about time some one makes it clear thank FRAT i appreciate it

15. rayseone

rayseone Senior Member

your s t is pretty good, actually that is prolli the best thing you did so far, there is no stupid extensions, ones that like wrap around letters andd connect to letters just randomly in the middle of a bar you know what i mean? there seems to be a few different styles kinda mixed into 1 but its all good, take out where the letters connnect with each other, it doesnt look good, maybe try to draw a flat line on a peice of paper and try to keep the bottom of your letters on the line, it may make your stuff look better, take what frat told you and make the bars throuhgout the peice the same width, you will notice if some bars are alot skinnier just by looking at them, if they are not the same thickness, redo them. just keep sketching it will come soon enough, dont force extensions though, remeber extensions dont make your letters better letters, any decent writer will look at the foundations of your letters. look at your keyboard, you will notice that the S is probably the best letter there, and funnily enough it lookks like the s on your keyboard, just a bit tweaked, thats kinda what all your letters should be like right now. once you get better, you will loook and think what was i thinking putting that there, why didnt i bend that herew etc, its just part of the learning curve

fuck that was long, hope i helped

16. Gumdrop.Behemoth

that you so much that all i every wanted was just one or two good ass crits and im set thank you and i will now stop doing all the stupid shyt i do lol

edit: but i still dont see wats wrong wit the baze piece on the other page i dont have any stupid extension except for the things around the z

17. tagkc

tagkc Member

18. Dial.on

Dial.on Senior Member

yeah werst imma agree with fube an them with the letter stucture like you can see how the bars in the letters dont meet up, and yeah the first two letters are a bit small..dont take the crit the wrong way just listen and take it in and you can get better, because honestly in graff you can ALWAYS be better..

an S.. i was bored.. so i decided.. fuck it.. ill draw an S.. i started to draw an A.. and i ABSOLUTLY hated it.. its gross.. so i stopped and shaded the S..lol.. crits?.. if ya got em

ai129.photobucket.com_albums_p236_ENTR_BOMER_scan0005.jpg

19. Dial.on

Dial.on Senior Member

o and dont mind the S above mine.. thats my buddies attempt at an S..its WAK i know i told him already..lol

20. daisyface

daisyface Senior Member

frat-not much to say, its good i especially like your t
    tagkc-hmmmm it just looks like a jumble of lines to me, bars
    dial-good shading and shape, i dunno if i like those arrows tho