Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. atlok7

atlok7 Elite Member

ahh. ic. i wonder why i searched pictures of "cracked concrete" on google images then... i guess its a mystery.

2. esco93

esco93 Senior Member

3. JETPACK!!

JETPACK!! Banned

give crits. get rid of those bubbles. your letters get bigger as they progress. dont fill it until your structure is much better, or at least till your fills get better. your just wasting your markers and it distracts people looking at it from finding the small things that would help you improve the most. especially a gray fill

bump

4. SAID

SAID Moderator

what jetpack said.
    give em to get emmmm

5. CharmTwo

CharmTwo Member

Cheers Jetpack. Loving the "Rasek". I would be well proud of that. Put in on a wall :)

6. shiva - the destroyer

shiva - the destroyer Senior Member

charm, i like that one way more than the rest. and you can leave the C a little bit taller than the rest.
    you could use help-lines to line it up at the top.

7. VaNdAL xBA!x

VaNdAL xBA!x Banned

8. shiva - the destroyer

shiva - the destroyer Senior Member

9. CharmTwo

CharmTwo Member

esco 93, start off in black and white is a good idea, i can see how my colours are distracting people from helping me, keep your letters at even heights when they're meant to be at even heights. Practice filling in your shadows better. all in all though i like your general idea.

10. esco93

esco93 Senior Member

thanks jetpack but uhh is there anyway to make my structure better like ant techniques
    and charm i think you should lose all the extra shit goin on inside ur letters an work on the actual style of the letters...thx 4 the crits

Last edited: May 18, 2008
  11. sky_one

sky_one Senior Member

Charm-the letters are dope but i really love the fill
    Vandal-really dope man
    jetpack-dope
    esco-dont like the fill
    some thing i did its in portugues it says dinheiro
    [Broken External Image]:http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/4707/88nt0.jpg
    CRITS PLEASE

12. VaNdAL xBA!x

VaNdAL xBA!x Banned

sky i love that style i like to practice that style to but that isnt bad jus keep workin on it but im likin it ;)

13. -ShAmEE-

-ShAmEE- Elite Member

umm i'm loving the letters, good example of developed simples. more like this

14. JETPACK!!

JETPACK!! Banned

sky, i wouldn't put the I in the hole of the D, plus it flows the wrong way. and i wouldnt wrap things around your letters. like the top of your R and D. keep it up though.

vandal, drop the crown. it's done right. but you still cant rock it. i'd widen the middle bars on your W too.

and esco, i would work on smoothening out your lines. take a sheet of paper, and draw a bunch of half-circle lines and circles. when your circles are smoother, try another sketch. your O and the loop of your R will look a lot cleaner and smoother. i'd also try to bring the bottom half of your C up a bit, you have a lot of deadspace in between your C and O. keep it up though

15. CharmTwo

CharmTwo Member

@ SKY_ONE: Cheers man. Really like the colour scheme and the way your letters flow is sweet. The R into the last O could use some work if you get me..

16. esco93

esco93 Senior Member

sky i think it would look better if it was even and with new R.....dope though

crits on my throw pls
    ai25.photobucket.com_albums_c95_shdyfifty510_DSCF4642.jpg

17. -ShAmEE-

-ShAmEE- Elite Member

esco, ut lines are tooo thin, u have thick letters and thin blakc lines, that arent showing detail, make ur black outlines thicker, plus u need to kno your stucture of ur letters, where it bends and which bit curves where, that will come with experience, so now do another sketch!

charm dont listen to people that are super toy, which is sky (sorri sky but we have to start somewhere)

just stick to them simples.

Last edited: May 18, 2008
  18. CharmTwo

CharmTwo Member

Hey thanks shamee :) I do a rake of those in the same modified simples but not alot of people like that style, i will stick with them though.

Oh also, esco, decent throw up, look more at keeping your shadows in the right places and your "C" looks a bit off. Keep trying though.

19. Crieg ya ya DIG

Crieg ya ya DIG Member

damn esco u do have thin lines u shouldnt use them

20. esco93

esco93 Senior Member

i shouldnt use what?? if its the thin lines its cuz i only had a sharpie extra fine point...lol i wasnt gunna outline it wit a jumbo hard to buff or sumthin