Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. I GOT CLOUT

I GOT CLOUT Elite Member

Shaddup.

I wanna see those paintings you're talking about that you've done. :)

2. hazetheone

hazetheone Elite Member

comeon man
    you arent fooling anyone
    post a painting

3. Scream Out

Scream Out Senior Member

id like to see as well

4. Narotik

Narotik Member

I can respect that.

ai326.photobucket.com_albums_k439_narotik_redpyramidoct17_1.jpg

5. Narotik

Narotik Member

older piece, will try to get a new one up tomorrow, have them on the laptop

6. I GOT CLOUT

I GOT CLOUT Elite Member

Ehh..Ive seen that same type of shit on youtube. Usin newspapers and what not. Am I wrong?

7. Scream Out

Scream Out Senior Member

props, wasnt expecting that
    though that is played out now

8. Mr yarbles

Mr yarbles Elite Member

K and z are fucked up, but I'm working on a new s so whatever
    ai38.tinypic.com_mmvqf8.jpg
    Post up one with the s later

Scream realy nice but lose that long bar going down on the z

caer your bottom one is ill

9. Narotik

Narotik Member

Clout
    Scream

Naw, your 100% right. Thats how I got into using spraypaint, helped me learn layering which was great for the basics of graphic design (what I'm majoring in) brought in a ton of cash and I got sick of the same old simple designs (Like that one) so the newer stuff utilizes the techniques but in much more depth. I wish I had one on here but to the best of my knowledge there in the camera chip in my laptop and I'm not going downstairs for it tonight. Anyway, you tell a gallery owner your 19, make that with spray paint and they offer you a showing...and they sell...on top of that its actually fairly hard to get it done well (people say they can all do that shit but to make it look good...that takes a while) and its fun as hell. Its like graff...the same old styles over and over , its all the same, so you evolve and change it and come up with new shit...thats what I'm at least trying to do, What I just posted, yeah that basic style it played out, I fully agree, but with enough experimentation I know there is no limit to what can be done with it...half the reason I started taking it to walls.

10. hazetheone

hazetheone Elite Member

it is appealing to the eye but ive heard how easy that shit is to do man
    layers and different random objects

edit:
    to late clout and scream beat me to it

Last edited: Jul 23, 2008
  11. Scream Out

Scream Out Senior Member

Mr yarbles - keep all your letters the same hight and use same width bars, your on the right track

btw i there is no Z in my piece and i wasnt looking for crit lol
    thanks for trying to crit though

12. Narotik

Narotik Member

hazetheone- You heard how easy it is?...you do it, make it look that crisp, and get back to me, then I'll show you one of the new ones and see if you can get to that. I heard from people who had no idea what they were talking about Graffiti was easy too...obviously, they were mis-informed. I'm not challenging you, I'm just saying...It looks easy, but I don't know many people who can do it really clean. Anyone can do a throwie, but if you can't keep it clean then its shit.

13. I GOT CLOUT

I GOT CLOUT Elite Member

Well, I wish I could sell my shit like that.

AEKz - You need to make your bars a consistent width throughout. Try fillin a full sheet of paper with just those 4 letters.

14. hazetheone

hazetheone Elite Member

chill i said i heard it was easy
    i may have been ill informed but ive seen peopledo that in my area and they use newspaper cardboard corcles bottoms of cans and shit like that
    i was watching this happen last year at mardi gras

15. Narotik

Narotik Member

You can man...seriously. A local artist around here got picked up for shit around town, made the newspapers, made this huge thing out of it to scare off other artists. He gets out, and like 20 galleries are asking for canvas work...Graff is very marketable, and as long as your stuff if clean it can sell, the question is, would you sell it? like with graffiti, I don't know if I'd sell it, I feel off about it, its not what the art form was created with in mind. The stuff I do, it was a way to bring spray paint into a gallery you know...its all personal choice though, if someone wanted to get into a gallery with there stuff I'd be down for it completely, just not my thing..not at this point yet, but my graffiti is shit now anyway lol.

16. calculating infinity

calculating infinity Elite Member

17. Narotik

Narotik Member

hazetheone- Naw, its actually really hard..there are a lot of subtle things that you don't see, thats why artists can afford to do it in front of a live audience...but hey man you want to keep talking about space painting? give me a PM so we don't flood out the black book thread. I'm down with talking about it, just not respectful here.

Clout
    - same if you want to talk about selling your stuff, PM me. I might not know much more than your average kid about graff but I've been in the business of selling my work for a long while, I might be able to point you in the right direction.

18. hazetheone

hazetheone Elite Member

19. King Skeem

King Skeem Member

i need a camera so i can post my shit on here

20. calculating infinity

calculating infinity Elite Member

fax me your email and ill scan one over