Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. SONE.

SONE. Senior Member

thats a really dope idea for a fill. but ur bars need a little work.

Heres a VERY old sketch, i just filled in last night. donthate
    View attachment 457039

2. Thrice

Thrice Elite Member

You talking about my bars? Seem fine to me, but speaking of bars Sone you need to hit the simples with basic bars. Get rid of the arrows and simplify.

3. SONE.

SONE. Senior Member

Whoa bud, yeh im taslking about your bars, with eh random little extension on the super skinny top.
    And this was an incredibly old sketch finally colored.

4. Thrice

Thrice Elite Member

Top extension is a common extension to the A, and it connects to the Middle bar to the Legs of an A. By the way your arrows are coming out of random places, and how about that looped extension on your O.

5. SONE.

SONE. Senior Member

Im just giving crits here. yeh its a common extension, but its usually done well. Your bars are too skinny at the top, and it doesnt follow a line through the centre of the A. and for the 3rd time, i know the sketch is bunk, its like 2 years old. JUST filled.

6. Thrice

Thrice Elite Member

If you haven't noticed that's the style im going for, i like my bars skinner at the top and thicker at the bottom. Also the extension follows correctly, just follow the angle it's going. By the way your fill is wack. Keep a consistent gradient, like blue at top and green at the bottom part of the letters, plus keep your strokes path as consistent as possible. When doing 1 point 3d like that i like to make my strokes go towards the point, don't do any horizontal shit.

7. SONE.

SONE. Senior Member

The 3d does go into a point. u can see see the point on the page, but its a little wonk i know. why? 2 years old. and that may be the styleu were goin for, but thats an ungly way of doin it. the fill, was just a fuck around. and it doesnt have to just say one colour on top, one on bottom...

8. .HATESONE.

.HATESONE. Banned

thrice should just stop arguing his point with that a.i agree with sone the idea for the fill is dope but the letters leave more to be desired(i think thats the expression im going for) basicly it needs work and sone burns you so yeah.....dont argue just go with it...

9. Decide

Decide Senior Member

weell if u messing around in class ur not gonna expect amazing critizism nawmean?

10. Sanc_one

Sanc_one Senior Member

Okay...here the F is fixed :D... I dont know yet those extensions. What do you think?
    View attachment 457051

11. .HATESONE.

.HATESONE. Banned

f is still a lil funky in my opinion.better than the last tho definitely.for me its that second bar on it.i would make it longer probably..but thats just me.

12. SONE.

SONE. Senior Member

Im loving that proof! maybe match up that thingy on the top of the P with one on top of the E.

13. cesspool

cesspool Senior Member

14. ..romero..

..romero.. Elite Member

i like the r on the second one.but what up with the arrow?im guessing to kill the extra space huh? haha. work on your writes(tags) lerch. that would be my first priority...

Last edited: Mar 5, 2009
  15. RhodeIsland

RhodeIsland Elite Member

Wtf does that mean?

16. ..romero..

..romero.. Elite Member

my bad.writes=tags....my homie hase got me saying writes now haha.

17. 00-made-00

00-made-00 Elite Member

18. Thrice

Thrice Elite Member

Im not trying to start shit or whatever but im not going to take crit about my bars from a guy who pulls this out of his ass, he definitely doesn't burn me, how about we do this a battle. What do you guys think?? If anything i burn him
    This shit ai43.tinypic.com_4h3vc6.jpg

VS this ai40.tinypic.com_dy5f8p.gif

19. Capo Izi

Capo Izi Senior Member

Workin to get the throw all one size....

ac3.ac_images.myspacecdn.com_images02_31_l_9853a872612545ae8e535b4ccc46e8a2.png

20. RhodeIsland

RhodeIsland Elite Member

oops double post

Last edited: Mar 5, 2009