Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. tbonebailey2711

tbonebailey2711 Senior Member

damn big man what the hell got spilled all over your book dude? to me the b doesnt match the rest of your letters. i also dontlike how the V and E meet at the bottom.

2. tbonebailey2711

tbonebailey2711 Senior Member

fury your bars can be bent and even rounded as long as they are the same width. like keyboard letters not boxes.

3. Zarb

Zarb Senior Member

4. RhodeIsland

RhodeIsland Elite Member

5. [MiTH] hovz

[MiTH] hovz Senior Member

zarb - i like your style alot. but maybe try keeping the bottom of the s on the same level as the rest of the letters. and either put a whole all the way through in both the s and the a or dont, it looks weird with only the s going through. (idk if you understand that? kinda confusing)

fobia - hmmm... haha. try bars, just even try drawing parallel lines, straight lines, then make letters oout of them. start slow man.

verb - that B on the end looks weird to me, its jagged at the bottom, not smooth like the rest of the letters

zeak/x - im liking your style, and the bars. nice and clean. keep it up.

heres some i did. trying to start simple, are these any good? the second one was done laying down so the lines might not be their straightest.

Attached Files:

6. VaNdAL xBA!x

VaNdAL xBA!x Banned

zarb whats that say las or cas

7. Zarb

Zarb Senior Member

las, and yeah haha not totally sure what you mean, I do know that the bottom of my S needs work though

8. Fury

Fury Elite Member

Zarb - Keep the S on the same parallel as the other letters. Otherwise, it's cool.
    RhodeIsland - Really liking this one, with a drop shadow instead of just 3D.
    Che - I like it, but try doing some more organic lettering.

Okay I tried being as careful with being parallel and uniform as possible. I made use of my keyboard as well. Is that what you guys are getting at? I'm trying my best to understand, but it's obvious that I don't.
    [Broken External Image]:http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/5198/img1406l.jpg

Last edited: Apr 23, 2009
  9. (SoS)Viruz

(SoS)Viruz Elite Member

What up guys. The next Sketch battle is going to be a Single letter battle of your Choice...yes 1 Letter from your Alphabet. Get Creative, The sketches are do to me by...........Monday April 27.

10. jupsick

jupsick Senior Member

bump

11. KnoxIn

KnoxIn Senior Member

[Broken External Image]:http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/6569/p4233183.jpg
    practicing some handies i know they are far from good but is there anything positive about them, and everyone has been tellin me to make them less pointy but i dont know how to with my marker cuz its a chisel tip marker so ya.

zeax- try throwin in some variation all yours have basically been the same just different fill

fury- you have the right idea with the simples but i agree with above dont post so much get your simples down like damn good straight lines no extensions and proportioned good you really need to work on that

hyte- your shit is dope like always, but kinda always the same get what i mean? it would be tight to see somethin a lil different

12. Fury

Fury Elite Member

Thanks for the advice.

Knox - I like the last one best, with the one on the left, second from the top, in a close second.

13. HëRbN

HëRbN Elite Member

Fury you sure you read ALL the New to graff thread? also heres alittle explanation cause im not sure your getting it all the way. Forgive my shitty computer drawing skills. Also try and look at other peoples stuff and recognize the bars in it. DONT copy the letters just recognize, maintain a positive attitude most of all, youll get alot of shit but if you take it all as constructive critisism you will progress faster.

[Broken External Image]:http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/7443/bardemo.png

14. KnoxIn

KnoxIn Senior Member

Last edited: Apr 24, 2009
  15. Fury

Fury Elite Member

Thanks for that dude. I think I'm understanding it more now. And yeah man, I'm not a biter. Any shit at all is constructive criticism to me and I love looking at graffiti, so it keeps me motivated and all of the stuff here inspires me to just keep practicing. I'm sure it'll click for me eventually. Anyway, thanks for the drawing, I appreciate it.

16. expozay

expozay Senior Member

faze has got to be the most over used name. theres a kid in my town that writes that shit too.

17. KnoxIn

KnoxIn Senior Member

ya im honestly in the process of trying to find another one but i just haven't got one that i think flows or means anything

18. BIGdreamSCHEME

BIGdreamSCHEME Senior Member

why? they're free at Michael's

19. HëRbN

HëRbN Elite Member

haha, i just made a huge list of words i liked and how you could spell them different or give em some meaning then picked the best one lol

20. Tokenkaligreens

Tokenkaligreens Elite Member

also you could always take the letters you like sketching and make a name from them.