Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. TeeBeeEss

TeeBeeEss Senior Member

2. pover

pover Senior Member

I like the colors, but those black squares are kinda sketchy...

3. PETER

PETER Elite Member

Tbs: Way too busy. You seem to grasp the idea of straight letters for the most part. A solid straight looks better than poorly executed wilds all day. Think weed not speed.

4. DEMPO

DEMPO Senior Member

718442978_2566074607_0.jpeg
    on this WHOLE page 2 pics.... that is weak
    nake, raise up the j some and the way u end bars with circles is ok but be thoughtful of where you put em. they sort of put off your bars where they would be fine without them in some places.
    4eyes, the puzzle thing is sorta wack bro, your letters look fine with out the puzzle thing. try something else to spice em up.
    all the rest of u fizzoools post some more photodees. im out

Last edited: May 9, 2012
  5. BasekInfamy

BasekInfamy New Member

6. TeeBeeEss

TeeBeeEss Senior Member

Thx bro I appreciate it ill work on it

7. BigFaggot

BigFaggot Senior Member

@ basek, thats nice, you got a real original style that i believe is under appreciated, keep it up.
    @ moe, its not complete shit. thers some hidden potential and you have a light idea of letter structure. i like the fills though. and that relik one is kinda nice, or least the R is.
    @ pover, keep it more basic, and please make all your bars even and uniformed. itll look alot better.
    @ everybody who is chatting too much and giving stupid crits, when they themselves dont understand letter structure. thers a toy chat. go there. and please everyone, post some goddamn pictures.
    Just some for fun shit. i almost didnt upload this cuz i know someones gunna shit their pants and say "OMG your totes biting SEAR" shut up.
    Photo0089.jpg playin with different shit.

8. MN Nice

MN Nice Elite Member

Good shit Basek and Neer. It'd be cool to see some drips coming off of it to match with that gooey look.

Go ahead and crit. My S is a bit funky but I'm just messing around with it more. I'd really like some advice on a Y from a more experienced head.

ai126.photobucket.com_albums_p104_skier46_a7ae600c.jpg_3d127f3f1de2b146608792a9ef7fb60a.jpg

9. Kaze

Kaze Elite Member

that looks cool basek, dont really like the S but its alot better then what i can do lol. i dig the B and A.
    @neer, looks dope, maybe the bottom leg or the R should have come out a bit more? looks sick though
    @4eyes-i think ur second E looks better then the first and S could use some work but the hole thing looks good, i like that 4 alot for some reason.
    i know in the second picture the letters rnt even and stuff and the D's need lots of work...any of crits plz?
    IMG00549-20120509-1927.jpg IMG00554-20120509-1929.jpg IMG00562-20120509-2010.jpg

10. MN Nice

MN Nice Elite Member

11. H1P30N3R

H1P30N3R Elite Member

kaze lookin good man props gettin them simps down 1st one is my personal fav with the r from the third one keep it up man. And tighten up the spacing going bigger with your 3d drop shadow or whatever helps with that.

12. Rasm

Rasm Senior Member

That 4 could make a decent Y.

13. MN Nice

MN Nice Elite Member

Think I should use it as a Y and then work with a 4 thats connected at the top?

14. BasekInfamy

BasekInfamy New Member

thanks everybody apreciate it and crits
    dope shit neer

15. Rasm

Rasm Senior Member

I think you should work with it a little bit first before you just call it a Y, but I was thinking along the same lines about a 4 that's connected at the top, such as the one I just typed.

And for talking, here's something that's nowhere near finished. Trying something different with this one.
    I actually just copied it onto another sheet of paper so I can fuck around with all the letters. I'm not satisfied with any of them.

[Broken External Image]:http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/1526/imag0459a.jpg [Broken External Image]:http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/5186/imag0450p.jpg

16. Kaze

Kaze Elite Member

thanks hipe, i appreciate the feedback man. i gotta work on the D alot.

MN- a closed top 4 would be cool or maybe just play around with the angles, maybe have the first bar of the 4 and Y reverse of eachother or having one more slanted or somshit, if not a closed top 4 would be cool

Rasm- i like the E, P and L but really dont like the N, the first part of it seems goodbut that bottom thing is weird i find. the style of ur drawing overal is cool though i think.

17. KroeGHK

KroeGHK Elite Member

Basek - I really dig your style for real its dope, one thing i'd suggest trying would be to extend your bars a bit so the letters look a bit less beefy, not a necessity, just curious as to how that'd look, keep up the dope work though
    Neer - It looks dope, id say maybe take those extra connections er holes or whatever and make them different angles and sizes cos the way it is the N looks kinda like an AI and the R looks like it could almost be a funky B, just a suggestion, props though the letters do look nice
    4Eyes - I like it, try rounding off the top left bar of the Y some more though, make it stick out some more, might add some punch to it, like how you did in the green tag on the colored one(as i was typing this i read the crits on the 4/y and proceeded to facepalm....awkward....but yeah second opinions never hurt i guess..)
    Kaze - I second Kopr's statement on yours(yeah i was halfway through typing out the same thing he said when i realized thats just stupid and i need to start reading all the crits given before i add mine in...)
    Rasm - I like what youre doing, that I is wicked fresh (not to say the others arent, that one just stood out to me for some reason, id say just play with thickening some of your bars like in the L and the N, its coming along dope so far though
    Flick for talking:
    Some old shit i did a few months back
    IMG_2241.JPG

18. Kaze

Kaze Elite Member

thanks kroe appreciate the feedback, like kopr said i gotta fill up the empty space in between the letters and shit...that drawing u did is fucking sick... Your R is my favorite letter in it, the extension coming off the bottom of ur first letter is sick too...i dont even know what to say to crit that besides i dig it...just keep practicing i guess lol

19. Rasm

Rasm Senior Member

That's basically what I meant in regards to 4eyes. If his Y had a sharper bend kind of like the top left bar of his 4 does, I think it would look better and more defined. Also, thanks man. Your piece is pretty damn fresh too.

Haha I didn't really like the E and plan to rebuild it. As far as the N goes, I was fucking around with taking a star shaped cut out of a letter. I think it could work better if it wasn't on the bottom corner of the piece. As for your Dviser sketches up there, I'm liking the D, E, and R in the second sketch the best and the I and S from the first. The third sketch is probably the weakest, especially with the S looking like a 5.

20. Kaze

Kaze Elite Member

thanks rasm i appreciate the crits, i gotta get more flouent and smoother with my letters and shit. i kinda liked the 5 looking S but i should make it look less like a 5, put more style and shit into it i guess and make sure the other letters match it. i like the idea of your E but it is a bit skinny but i like how your middle and top bar come from behind ur main bar. i didnt realize the star idea but now that u say it, it sounds like a good idea...just try and work it into the drawing smoothly somehow, woud look sick