Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. Semper

Semper Moderator

kaze- the swirl isn't even noticeable, just leave the s how it is. keep fucking around and trying the simple extensions

tried to fatten up the bars and make the middle ones all the same image (20).jpeg

not so good with rounded letters image (19).jpeg

Last edited: Aug 20, 2012
  2. Kaze

Kaze Elite Member

thanks semper, yeh thats wat i thought 2 after i colored in that gap..i shoulda left it white but then i was thinking that the drop shadow would look weird then but next time im gonna just leave it blank...or if my outline was a bright color then it would work better.

i actualy like that round one u did there more then the top one, still gotta get ur bars more even but its looking better, with the top one dont have the top and bottom bars of ur S go over the middle like that, keep practicing man

i know this probably looks retarded, was just experimenting and got carried away..i think the drop shadow is kinda off too on the D from the wrest of the letters...any crits on this shit would be appreciated
    IMG_0952.JPG

3. Semper

Semper Moderator

sorry for flooding the thread I'm just bored and drawing a lot tonight
    all i can say is thats wack, get the ones like before down first. i know sometimes everyone gets bored and does some wack shit so just yeah remember to go slowly.

the inconsistency with the bars is probably because i spend less than 3mins on each one so I'm gunna spend more time from now on. if i keep on practicing it should correct image (21).jpg

4. Willis1989

Willis1989 Senior Member

Whats up guys. Ive had writers block for a few days now, ive been doing simps and I think ive been getting better, but I still see other progressing way faster than me, every time I try to add something new or add extra bars etc to a piece it seems to look worse, im not sure where I'm meant to go from here, can any more experienced writers on here give me any advice? its not that other toys advice isnt helping but even when I crit myself or others theres a limit to my knowledge of graff so im not really sure what direction I should be heading in from here. Any advice would help a lot as I am the only writer in my area that I know of and im the only person I know what writes so cant get any help anywhere else. Thanks guys.

ai815.photobucket.com_albums_zz72_willis1690_20120805_192644.jpg

ai815.photobucket.com_albums_zz72_willis1690_20120809_150540.jpg

ai815.photobucket.com_albums_zz72_willis1690_20120815_083724.jpg

ai815.photobucket.com_albums_zz72_willis1690_20120816_224002.jpg

5. Kaze

Kaze Elite Member

i know i suck and am not the help ur looking for but i think thoughs r looking good, i dontreally like that e though but thats just me, maybe try messing with som uppercase E's or even try doing a bunch of straight letter simps, they help alot. just keep drawing man

semper that bottom one is looking better, i think the lower case E's or more normal E's would match the style more though

6. dream o2d

dream o2d Member

Messing around..critical if u want
    l_eaa3fe159dd98108f2ba9f14ce6bf5ec.jpg

7. QUEEZ

QUEEZ Senior Member

crits transfer to 006.jpg transfer to 007.jpg

Last edited: Aug 21, 2012
  8. Arose.One

Arose.One Elite Member

more old toy sketch shit: SAM_0539.jpg SAM_0541.jpg SAM_0542.jpg SAM_0548.jpg SAM_0549.jpg

9. Kaze

Kaze Elite Member

damn arose that O in the second last drawing is siiickk

10. Arose.One

Arose.One Elite Member

thanks, old charac of mine. as with everything though, shit gets old real quick. i haven't found a charac to stick it out with. still doing bunnies though. hmm

Last edited: Aug 21, 2012
  11. Kaze

Kaze Elite Member

need som crits on this, i think the 3d and highlights may be fuked...i tryed doing some simple effects but i dono if i ruined itwith them or not haha...anyways crits would be nice
    IMG_0982.JPG

12. Willis1989

Willis1989 Senior Member

Kaze - Only crits I have is the D should be in more, looks like its out on its own a little lol, the DVI looks a little bigger than the rest but thats me just being picky, your letters are nice though, really like the E and R

13. Kaze

Kaze Elite Member

thanks willis i appreciate the crits dude, yeh i was thinking the same thing about the D but was too lazy to fix it lol, im gonna draw some more like that up tomorrow and il make it closer then

14. Semper

Semper Moderator

kaze i like what you did with the E

lower case E's, not happy with the R though the hole is in the wrong spot image (22).jpeg

15. Salix

Salix Member

@queez there's no need to make your simps so big. It's a waste of time and paper. Make them smaller and make more of them.
    And your q looks like a 9

16. Kaze

Kaze Elite Member

thanks sempr

with urs its looking better but some of ur letters sit higher and lower then eachother, try drawing somthing out on lined paper so u have a reference for how long to make ur barks or just get a ruler, and draw 2 lines and draw ur simp inbetween the lines. the M and P could be abit wider cuz those 2 e's make them look small and the R could use some work, keep at it dude

17. Salix

Salix Member

Thanks for the crits, appreciate it.
    IMG_8073.jpg IMG_8071.jpg

18. Kaze

Kaze Elite Member

i think the 3rd snark down is the best one there, the S is messed up in it though. and try to make the hole in ur R smaller, keep doing them simps

19. Gatsoi

Gatsoi Senior Member

kaze try thickening up your lines

20. Kaze

Kaze Elite Member

^should i go over it with a sharpie or somshit? thanks gatsoi