Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. Norfsuthr

Norfsuthr Elite Member

The overall shape looks cool but your letter structure still hasnt progressed much. simples...

Semper looks good man

ryder- the E in your sketch is cool. Stop leaving off the left part of your R's. Do a Y with bars not that circle. wouldnt hurt to try some regular straight letters either

2. Halo161

Halo161 Senior Member

Any crits for this one
    ai1175.photobucket.com_albums_r635_CardsBeenPlayed_IMG_20121207_185321.jpg

3. nucleart

nucleart New Member

I just started a week ago, I watched vids/read up on bars & letter structure. Sucks? Probably
    Sorry about the resolution and the math - was doing it in lecture
    EDIT: I feel retarded, haven't slept in a long time studying finals, keep messing up resolutions

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 14, 2012
  4. CallMeFred

CallMeFred Senior Member

^ A buddy of mine calls himself fluxx.
    also, crop your picture, based on the grade of math you use, I assume you're not a retard, I bet you know how to use paint.

5. ryda

ryda Senior Member

6. IbuprofenTablets

IbuprofenTablets Banned

taking Calc BC, huh?

Fluks or Fluck would be a dope name too.

7. CallMeFred

CallMeFred Senior Member

photo (15).jpg
    'O' doesn't look like an 'O', at all.

8. CallMeFred

CallMeFred Senior Member

Doodling 1.jpg
    doodling 2.jpg
    doodling 3.jpg
    tried to come up with characters. Ended up with these

9. dankbudz

dankbudz Elite Member

Semper wanna battl?e im bored

10. Balo

Balo Senior Member

what kind of math is that? i started reading it and my brain got sad because it got so confused. The highest class i took in math was geometry so i dont recognize it. im in aviation now so that covers my science and math credits.

11. Semper

Semper Moderator

Yeah sure, pick a word and pm me your entry and ill send them onto chad.

Fred those are some pretty awesome pen drawings.

and a work in progress, i posted this in the other art thread but i think the forum is doing that new page thing again so...
    photo (3).JPG

12. nucleart

nucleart New Member

Don't you think its way to close to 'fuck'? loll, linear algebra

Its linear algebra and it is really conceptual compared to other math like calculus. Don't worry I do not truly understand it too actually. I just get bits and pieces and never see the whole picture....
    Its like Calc AB -> Calc BC -> Calc Geometry/Vectors -> Linear Algebra

13. GreenLove

GreenLove Member

Ryda- I really like that piece a lot, not totally sure how i feel about that darker maroon i think it would look really dope with a more vibrant indigo and woud alow the blue outline to really stand out against the green... but the more i look at it the more it grows on me hahha

Qwees- Really diggin the tag, def some fresh steez, i think if you keep pracicing simples like that, youll be using more complicated letter structures soon... hopefully ill be right behind you

Guster- That grime style is REAL NICE! i think maybe you are over sketching a little bit and its making the lines look a little shaky, but if you can lock down one or two accents that you can add to a simpler form of your piece, layering the grime on would be a little easier maybe?

Id really love some crits... first time back with a marker in hand in a couple of years... ope i havent lost too much haha

[Broken External Image]:http://imageshack.us/a/img18/5883/photo3nhw.jpg

[Broken External Image]:http://imageshack.us/a/img839/5238/photo4fw.jpg

14. Semper

Semper Moderator

Bumping for crits, reck, the first one is by far better, try to make all your letters the same height and distance apart, drawing on grid paper can help to start out. Also avoid using extensions to start out. Coming back in from a break you'll have to work back up to where you were.

15. dankbudz

dankbudz Elite Member

Word will be JIMBO

That landscape sketch is solid

ai136.photobucket.com_albums_q168_matthew1o_Mobile_20Uploads_IMG_3670.jpg

16. ZODtheSUNGOD

ZODtheSUNGOD New Member

Hey now! long time lurker, recently joined. Lotsa good stuff... Here is mine. I go by "ZOD" ...I'm sure theres another zod or two out there but hey, this ones mine.

4ba22d2ca75611e18bb812313804a181_7.jpg

17. ChadWarden

ChadWarden Elite Member

shit, monochrome galactus zapping out some circuit board rap letters? i can dig it.

problem is, your letters are wacked out. 1: your z and o both are made of all sharp edges, but the your d is curved. had the d also been sharp (think sports jersey) it would of flown better. 2: your z breaks up the solid feel of the piece by being at an angle, while the other two are fairly flat, and having such a large gap in the bottom arm, as opposed to the relatively tight top. 3: all of the shadows on your letters have different depths, the deepest being the o, shallowest being the z. kind of makes it look like the letters are rotated at different degrees and also helps to "break up" the piece.

18. EWL24

EWL24 Senior Member

^^
    im glad im not the only one who noticed it was Galactus :D

19. dankbudz

dankbudz Elite Member

Goodlookin, feelin the color, good vibes

20. Semper

Semper Moderator

\/ experimenting is fine you won't progress if you don't try new things but try to focus of straights to start out once you get them down then you can experiment more often also try to avoid posting experiments until you think you have a good one.

busted this out pretty quick. tryna make my style less rigid and more flowy.
    jimbo 2.jpg

Last edited: Dec 15, 2012