Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. HëRbN

HëRbN Elite Member

Update on the sketch I'm working on during lunch breaks. Fixed the Z, just toying with extensions at this point seeing what Works and doesn't. 20140319_130834.jpg
    IMG_20140320_130440.jpg

Last edited: Mar 20, 2014
  2. Vapid666

Vapid666 Elite Member

Id thicken the crossbars on the A and H up a little.

3. Sanguine

Sanguine Senior Member

PHAZER: Drop the arrows, hombre. You still need to work on letter structure and the wonky extensions aren't helping you.
    Honestly, arrows are soooooooo overused in graff. Shit isn't a requirement for wildstyles or any kind of technical piece. I know practically everything has been done already, but still, I'd like to see some more unique extensions and a little less pieces with arrows sometimes. As for now, I think you'd be better off not fucking with very many extensions and working on other shit like the flow of your bars and the ends as well. Their overall structure isn't terrible but it still needs refining without any bunk extensions distracting from it.

4. HëRbN

HëRbN Elite Member

Right on mayne. Preciate it. They are wonky yes. I usually dont mess with extensions really at all. And I said before this is way out of my comfort zone but it was something I sketched up while drinking and kinda liked the letter cores soni figured I'd mess around with it. Thanks for the feed back tho

5. Vapid666

Vapid666 Elite Member

6. wolfgang2142

wolfgang2142 Senior Member

PHAZER I think it looks fresh, your arrowes are on point

7. Chepter

Chepter Member

8. maDUECE

maDUECE Senior Member

13286658034_78ffa8c708_z.jpg
    13286563905_37eb2a1b0e_z.jpg
    13289404913_bf5517386a_z.jpg

My K's really bother me. But over all I feel better about my work.
    Its hard to resist coloring with the prismas though.

9. Grabs

Grabs Senior Member

@Wynk Your Y's are looking good homie, your N's aren't bad as well, but could use work. Your W's seem to need as much work as your K's do, make sure you keep in mind that you need to keep sizing the same throughout the letter unless you're keeping that change in size consistent. Keep working on your letters and keeping your sizing right.

10. maDUECE

maDUECE Senior Member

@Grabs. I agree with you fully. I am going to do a few pages of just W's and K's. I haven't really been happy with any K yet.

11. maDUECE

maDUECE Senior Member

13310827285_4eb0cc52b4_z.jpg

Decided to bust out the prismas since I was happy with this one

12. Semper

Semper Moderator

Wynk, ever tried to do a piece with straight bars? Sometimes excessively curvy bars can screw with the flowing I'd like to see how you'd handle it.

Some quick shit
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

13. Grabs

Grabs Senior Member

EB8347E8-DCFD-4550-87D0-CA71AD6DAC7F_zpsxgu9exwy.jpg

Was dabbed out and wanted to sketch some shit up, crits welcome

14. sycophant

sycophant Senior Member

<<<grabs…bar width consistency is a little off on the bottom of the O at the top there is a lot going on too. the V and E aren't bad…the R is original but there is something funky with the extension off the lobe…

>>>>semper…damn..amazing…

15. Grabs

Grabs Senior Member

@Syco the O is definitely off, the extension off the lobe should've been skinnier I think.

16. Vapid666

Vapid666 Elite Member

@grabs too many random bends. Thicken up your bars and work on getting consistency and cleanliness. You're getting ahead of yourself and it's turning into spaghetti letters which is a big no.

17. Ace2705

Ace2705 Member

So, did a sketch, tried to keep it more simple and clean...

20140322_201842.jpg

18. Junglizt

Junglizt Senior Member

ace - i think you should go even simpler, try to get bar widths and letter heights the same too

smok2.jpg

smok2.jpg

19. EWL24

EWL24 Senior Member

Rade - I can't really give you crits anymore haha, but you should start coloring your stuff more often. You do a lot of black and white pieces.
    Ace- Just drop all the extensions, and start with Keyboard letters. Also, don't connect your letters, wait till you get better.
    Junglizt - Does that say Smoke? If it does the S and M connection is quite confusing, also, the extension on the K kinda makes it look like at strange R

20. Semper

Semper Moderator

Smoke you're getting there but be careful with connections they can make your letters confused as to what they are.

Ewal thanks man but I don't colour much because black and white is the best way to practice and colouring takes way too long
    Another blk n wht for talkin image.jpg

image.jpg