Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. eatsoe

eatsoe Senior Member

Salski, that shit is dope, man. Got any walls?

2. Agus Wibowo

Agus Wibowo Senior Member

thanks.. I don't do wall, I wish someday.. haha

3. eatsoe

eatsoe Senior Member

That is a serious shame. I feel like you could make some walls really pop. What's stopping ya?
    Flick fer talkin..
    20160403_214532.jpg

4. Mildstyles

Mildstyles Elite Member

areos, looks like youre going for advanced letter style without an understanding of the simpler and basic letters...take it back a notch to practice something simpler. Good choice of colors though, keep sketching but try with less add ons or letter bends.

eats dope and simple, i'd say the T is a little too hidden. Move it out a bit and thats a solid simp

flow i really cant see that at all

agus thats some dope shit. got that weird style i can never do but appreciate looking at

sycophant not to undermine what zoup said to you, but i feel like the R is the weakest letter of that piece. That being said though, I like the S A and the other S, nice and simple and buttery. Middle part of that last S should be brought down to touch the bottom part of the S just cuz that space makes the letter look awkward. The R should ditch that triangle-ish shape and be more rounded imo. solid piece my man

5. Agus Wibowo

Mildstyles: thanks, I don't know what kind of style my works are.. I only try and try to get my own style, which I enjoy it and get the nice flows..

Eats: I used to do stencil and tagging many years ago when I was young. But now I have my family around me. I'd rather spend my time and my money with my daughter and wife rather than go out on the street and buy cans.. I'm quite satisfied with only make shit on paper and I'm diggin' it. Yeah, maybe someday I will take my cans and go out again.. someday..

6. Areos

Areos Member

Hey guys, thank you for your crits! @Mildstyles, I'm just wondering what did u mean by saying that I don't understand basic letters. Can you tell me some more? All I do is basic letters and afterwards I add some extensions and add ons.

7. TheHoly

TheHoly Senior Member

Some pics for Aster BCK in my blackbook

Attached Files:

8. sycophant

sycophant Senior Member

9. eatsoe

eatsoe Senior Member

Gard, I am digggin that shit. Stylize the G a lil' bit.

Holy, that man is fucking ill as shit.... Like that's primo structure there.

Salski, Much respect to that, man. I can't hate on you at all. If that someday comes make sure to post it up here so we can all dig on it is all I'm sayin.

10. loonaii

loonaii Elite Member

Quick chunky letters at work. Ran out of room but I'm kinda feeling where it's going. It's like a white person cooking chicken. It's basic with a tiny bit of flavor lol

image.jpg

11. Agus Wibowo

syco: I prefer not adding the extension on the top of R and D. They're just off..
    eats: Okay. Just wait it..
    Loon: The L looks like Z, isn't it?

12. Flow-->

Flow--> Senior Member

...All I can say is, I really fucked up
    Crits please? (Not expecting anything good.)
    But it happens to everyone.

DSCN2672.jpg

13. Flow-->

Flow--> Senior Member

I do like the concept of the goo though.

14. Sanguine

Sanguine Senior Member

With a name like flow, you should practice more flow. For real, you need to pay attention to the direction your lines are going and what you can do to help emphasize them into smooth and aesthetically pleasing forms. Straight lines need to be STRAIGHT not lumpy. Curved lines need to be smooth and fluidly curved, not LUMPY.

And when you have lines going off at certain consistent angles, (say 45 degrees) then pay attention to that, Don't throw in some random shit going off in a 130 degree angle or something and ruin the consistency of the piece unless it's absolutely vital to your idea.

Also, pay attention to the overall size of your letters. They don't all have to be the exact same size but the overall piece needs to have a decently consistent size to it, generally speaking. If your first letter is big, don't make the rest tiny af. You can have some smaller letters but at least balance it by having one of the last letters mirror the size of the first.

Consistency goes a long way, and not just with overall letter style. The way you curve/angle your lines, the width of bars, the size of your letters, their colors, the list goes on. . all these things improve when you start to pay attention to them and develop and overall consistent themes with them in your pieces.

Flick for the chatter:

ac1.staticflickr.com_1_573_23025097755_8002b95601_c.jpg

Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
  15. Gambino

Gambino Member

IMG_20160405_150022.jpg

New here just really started doing getting into this a few days ago.I know its not that good I didn't have that good of materials at ALL.But I tried to make it work

16. idkwhattodowithmyhands

idkwhattodowithmyhands Senior Member

no idea what thats supposed to say

its awful

stick to pencil and paper
    dont use colors
    start with hands and throws
    then straights
    then pieces

17. Gambino

Gambino Member

Like your honesty.Ik its bad.Thanks

18. Agus Wibowo

19. Hand-s

Hand-s Elite Member

Walk before you run gambino. Graff is sick for sure, but it doesn't get that way over night... If you wanna write, check out the history of graffiti first. Learn how the whole game got started, how it progressed, and how it got to where it is now. Knowing the history will help you better understand what you're doing. Like idkhands said, tags, throws, then pieces. And definitely stop coloring cuz that looks like Dr. Seuss just threw up. Sorry.

And loon...stop drawing and driving lol. I'm sure that's more dangerous than a chick doing her makeup while driving

20. Flow-->

Flow--> Senior Member

Iv'e been really waiting for someone to give me that much advice. Much appreciated..

BUT can you give me an example for

For real, you need to pay attention to the direction your lines are going and what you can do to help emphasize them into smooth and aesthetically pleasing forms. Straight lines need to be STRAIGHT not lumpy. Curved lines need to be smooth and fluidly curved, not LUMPY.

And when you have lines going off at certain consistent angles, (say 45 degrees) then pay attention to that, Don't throw in some random shit going off in a 130 degree angle or something and ruin the consistency of the piece unless it's absolutely vital to your idea.