Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. Flow-->

Flow--> Senior Member

@LeaksOne I'm sorta confused at what you mean

2. Hand-s

Hand-s Elite Member

Your overlap just looks kinda...forced. like it doesn't naturally wanna be there but you just threw in a little squiggly line for shits and gigs. A drop shadow would've looked better in my opinion. Also that character is cool, could be a sweet start to a sticker character with a little more pazazz

3. Flow-->

Flow--> Senior Member

I can totally see now that my overlap is forced. The thing is with my drop shadows they just don't look right at all to me and I'm not sure how to get a good drop shadow.

4. Flow-->

Flow--> Senior Member

And thanks for liking my character lol

5. Anderson Silva

Anderson Silva Member

Flow, I'm garbage so take this with a grain of salt. Your character is cool. Sketch bars for the K and do simple straight letters. I found that using bars and really understanding how a letter goes together really helped me a ton. The fill looks wild, I think you're onto something. Someone told me that graffiti weeds out the shitty writers because it will consume you and you'll get better over time by repetition. If you don't get better you'll get frustrated and move on with life. So keep grinding out the sketches.

6. Mits

Mits Senior Member

7. Ralpmet

Ralpmet Senior Member

quick simple one, still need to color it

DSC01390.jpg

8. Ralpmet

Ralpmet Senior Member

Bit of a try out
    also still need to color this one
    Dont really like how the T worked out

DSC01391.jpg

9. eatsoe

eatsoe Senior Member

RIP to your homie, Mits. Try to get some more consistency in your bar width. Focus on making it more symmetrical right now.

Top, basically do the same thing right now. Letters the same size. The hole in the P is an okay concept but you need to do something to get the rest to match a bit more. Go for straight blocks for a minute.

10. Hand-s

Hand-s Elite Member

I'm gonna try to explain this without a pic so if it doesn't come out right I'm sorry...a drop shadow is basically the same image of your sketch. Draw up your simple letters. Then imagine the exact same thing behind it, lower it a little bit and move it to either side. You're creating anot her layer that is the shadow. It's actually really simple once you sorta figure it out. It's almost like 3D cept its more of a flat piece popping off the page instead of a 3D piece coming at you. Make sense? When I get a chance today I'll make a simple drop shadow for you to study. Or someone else, help me out and beat me to it and show this guy what's up

11. idkwhattodowithmyhands

idkwhattodowithmyhands Senior Member

youre on the right track
    stop doing extra shit for now though just do normal straight letters until you got them perfect

12. zoup

zoup Elite Member

4th dems practice battle sketch, markers only and meh, S again not aligning
    ai67.tinypic.com_33xfzu1.jpg

13. bugs-one

bugs-one Elite Member

^^^ Looking better. Yep, that S is too big. Focus on the letter flow and proportions every you put your letters together. Colors are a big part. The background colors you did would look better with no white or different colors.

14. Hand-s

Hand-s Elite Member

Zoup, do you use a pencil? Cuz you can always erase and adjust what doesn't work...
    And that fill is getting better for sure. Has more flow to it and your style still shows. Keep vamping that shit up

15. Flow-->

Flow--> Senior Member

Bro your stuff is good cuz you understand the fundamentals of bars and things so it makes your stuff look better than mine in different ways. I still need to practice my bars way more before I get any better lol.

16. Flow-->

Flow--> Senior Member

Thanks man preciate it

17. Flow-->

Flow--> Senior Member

The first one had a character on it so I decided to post it.

Second one is an unfinished piece that I still need to add my letters and characters

DSCN2683.jpg DSCN2684.jpg

18. idkwhattodowithmyhands

idkwhattodowithmyhands Senior Member

19. Flow-->

Flow--> Senior Member

Theres a lot of things that i need to work out so I can see what you mean by this is terrible XD

20. bugs-one

bugs-one Elite Member

^^ First thing, work on your lines. Do solid lines. Don't do them all scratchy and shaky.