Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. gears244

gears244 Senior Member

Damn it's been 5 years since I came on this forum, and I haven't been doing any graff but still draw. Was thinking of getting back into it. I still do little characters and stuff like that....something I drew the other day 20170505_155657.jpg

2. MASTAH_RIBCAGE

MASTAH_RIBCAGE Moderator

3. SuicOne

SuicOne Member

@gears244 nice piece, not much for the toy section :p
    heres something i did just now DSC_0008.jpg

4. SuicOne

SuicOne Member

i personally thinkn with a background and a good colour combination it would be good, i know it says soic, can change the o for a u pretty easily , i normally thought of soic as a name and tried it out

5. SuicOne

SuicOne Member

ive got mixed replies about the s, some say it gives more style to the piece and others say its complete shit, till i figure out a better "s" ill be sketching it with tha one, feel free to send me some better example of an "s" that fits it and ill be sure to bite it !

6. gears244

gears244 Senior Member

...ya okay it's been 4 years, anyway, I like it suic, little star over the I is a nice touch

7. SuicOne

SuicOne Member

My mates told me why i drew a pentagram, first one to tell me its a star hahaha, i drew a small star and then a bigger one to see what would fit it better, saw the combination of the two with the right parts filled in would look like a pentagram and was like "hell might aswell make it that, gives it some extra 3d" . Been trying to combine characters with my pieces too, everytime i try it turns to shit to be honest.

8. SuicOne

SuicOne Member

DSC_0018.jpg another sketch i just did

EDIT: I did a yellow outer outline and thickened the shadow and the regular outline as there where small gaps as shown in the picture, wont take the time to upload it again

Last edited: May 29, 2017
  9. nZane

nZane Senior Member

Suic thats fresh =)

20170530_121139[1].jpg

10. ESONE.

ESONE. Senior Member

11. nZane

nZane Senior Member

sweet bro, although i dont like the bubble fill, gives it a too childish look imo!

12. Abesk

Abesk Senior Member

That Esak fill is super fresh.

Tear it apart boys:
    image.jpg

13. PUTS

PUTS Elite Member

Not on a blackbook but w/e. Crits?

DSCN4213.jpg

@suic I think imo the I is missing something. Maybe try adding a dot to the top? It's just a suggestion though.
    @nZane Fill is great!
    @Alcawpn Everything looks pretty dope, I just kind of noticed how all the letters are leaning to the left while the E seems to almost lean to the right. Just work on cleaning stuff up and you should be good.
    @Abesk looks good, I want to see a fill in that.

14. SuicOne

SuicOne Member

@nZane I wont repeat what everyone has told you ;)
    @Alcapwn I like it, dont mind the bubbles too much
    @Abesk The "A" is a little smaller than the other letters, other than that i dig that style a lot
    @PUTS The last "s'' looks further apart, you could make it so it connects its top slope to the "u'', with a second outline it would be fire. As fo the topof the "i" i didnt know what to put, i left it like that, knew too it was missing something

15. ESONE.

ESONE. Senior Member

@puts I like the overall direction it's going. However that r needs some work

16. nZane

nZane Senior Member

yea puts its nice. but you need to get cleaner :D

17. nZane

nZane Senior Member

Now i did the classic bubble-mistake :D

20170531_213416_001[1].jpg

18. nZane

nZane Senior Member

the A is barely decypherable, other then that its very good!

19. nZane

nZane Senior Member

dont get me wrong, the flow is clearly there.. just those crossbar messes with my head :D
    Edit: or the second straight bar of the A is way too high.. cant decide which throws it off

20. nZane

nZane Senior Member

as you can see from my 2 recent uploads, im just mixing colors stupidly together which have slightly different tones, and then look where i am going with it. let the colors do their work!