Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. nZane

nZane Senior Member

loon is so fly... why even post here and not at least in the intermediate thread? :S

2. Bt98

Bt98 Senior Member

Loon, fresh as always man. That L is just a little close to looking like a W though, other than that though it's dope.

Nomad, honestly for being here not too long your letters ain't that bad. But I would stick with what tanz said and stay really simple and ignore style for now. Stick to keyboards for a little. They're a pain, but nothing will progress you faster I promise.

Been a while again. Keep dropping off the scene and then wishing I were back, so I'm saying fuck it and making time for it. Crits on this if you guys have a sec. Little rusty but I like the look of it.
    View attachment 145207

3. BAITS

BAITS Moderator

good to see you back my man. looks pretty good, not much to say except to keep your letters clear. the R-U kinda blend a bit. also be careful with the cuts, the one on the K makes part of it look like an I
    apart from that looks nice.

4. nomadic.carpenter

nomadic.carpenter Senior Member

@Bt98 Thanks for the advice! going to keep it more simple. I like that RUKIS it's clean and its got nice flow.. I always find the letter 'I" to be so hard to fit in but you pulled it off

I decided to try some different letters today, any crits? I'm trying to keep the bars as consistent as possible. View attachment 145208

5. Bt98

Bt98 Senior Member

Thanks Baits, good to be back. Missed this shit. I see what you mean about keeping things clear and with the cut placement. I'll be more mindful of that in the future, hard to see those things sometimes as the person doing the art because I know what I'm trying to write, but that's why the forum is here. Outside perspective is good. Glad I'm at least throwing out some okay stuff after this hiatus ;)
    And I appreciate that Nomad. I has always been tricky for me, specifically capital (notice how i dodged that problem ;)). Gotta sit down for a few days and run through all the letters i cant seem to get quite right for one reason or another. The structure on your K specifically is pretty good. The S and E need a little polishing. I'm not feeling the flat bottom on the S, id try to keep it round for now. If you're planning to keep writing soke, it may help your flow if you do that and switch your E to a more round style. Either way, just keep it up man. Progress is slow, but as long as you keep trying you'll get there soon enough.

6. PUTS

PUTS Elite Member

Shiiiit Bt you're back. Long time no see! Only crit that I have for you is maybe to keep the letters the same height. They seem to get smaller as you go. I'm sure there are more things I could find but I'm on a tight schedule atm lol.

7. nomadic.carpenter

@Bt98 thanks, I appreciate the crits! That actually helps a lot.. I'm gonna go back a few steps and keep it simple, I'm tempted to use a lower case e..

We should get some more battles going on, makes practice more fun :D

8. Jainz13

Jainz13 Senior Member

9. Bt98

Bt98 Senior Member

What's up with you puts? Been a while man. Hoping to be back for good this time. Finally got moving and college figured out so things are settling down again. Thanks for the crit, I appreciate it man. Looking forward to seeing some of your stuff in the future.
    Nomad, try it man. Might look pretty good ;) post when you do. And yeah, I'm all for starting up some more battles. If you guys are up for them, go post in the battle threads and we'll get something rolling.

10. Bt98

Bt98 Senior Member

Flick cuz the forum is dead as hell. Did this something different, not sure how I feel about it. Done better for sure, but whatever. Color more than a two tone fill is new to me, so any advice would be appreciated, as well as overall crits.
    View attachment 145268

11. lse292

lse292 Senior Member

12. BAITS

BAITS Moderator

lookin good @bt98.
    with the extensions, just make fewer of them and make them fatter. Currently they dont really look like they belong.
    and make the connection of the K a little stronger
    @lse292
    looks nice, just be careful that your L doesnt turn into a U. also, make the S a bit smoother.

thats just my opinion. keep it up

13. nomadic.carpenter

@Bt98 I like this style and colors look cool, you did nice blending that orange and yellow. For me all the colours work except the purple, I think since it's darker next to the blue it kind of dulls it down. cool sketch though, I like that R

I tried to make my letters a bit more simple and round here. crits appreciated!

View attachment 145290

14. Bt98

Bt98 Senior Member

Thanks for the crits guys. I'll make sure to remember your advice for the next one.
    Ise, nice to see you on here my man. The only letter that I'm not feeling is the s, little too blocky. Just that, and keep in mind what baits said about that L
    Nomad, looking cool. I dig that e, just make sure that little center bar stays in the right spot. Looks like it drifted up a little. My only other thing I'm seeing is that the really straight back of the k doesn't feel right since it's the only straight bar in the whole piece. Maybe try giving it a little character? Might help it out. Either way, keep it up man.

15. PUTS

PUTS Elite Member

@Bt Colors could use a bit of work. Imo there's a bit too much going on in that piece lol. Cut down on the stick like extension for now, I do like the I and the S though. Keep it up man.
    @Laos The S is kinda chunky and the L just looks a bit odd I guess. But otherwise it's not too bad.
    @Soke That's a lot better, make sure you keep an even baseline.

16. PUTS

PUTS Elite Member

17. Bt98

Bt98 Senior Member

Yeah, I'm with you puts. Gotta work on the color schemes and shit. Not a bad Acura though, cool stuff man.

18. gumOnShoe

gumOnShoe Elite Member

the emblem isn't aligned with the front plate. work on your proportions too. the right side of the whip is thicker than the left side. watch out.

proportions is something I'm working on atm its a bitch.

Edit: penis butt poop

19. lse292

lse292 Senior Member

20. Bt98

Bt98 Senior Member

That attachment won't display for me is. Anyone else?