Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. BombingWriter12

BombingWriter12 Elite Member

Bruh I been in this game for a long time I just quit drawing for a while but I'm way passed simple maybe not on walls but puss off my nigga

2. gumOnShoe

gumOnShoe Elite Member

it doesn't look like you're too good for simples because you're failing at drawing letters with good structure.

3. Bants

Bants Senior Member

Stay humble bro ain't nobody digging at you... this internet shit aint nothing compared to the stuff you put up with in the real world dude.

4. BombingWriter12

BombingWriter12 Elite Member

it's cool man im trying to get better but i really have been drawing graff for a long time.damn tho my bro's pregnant girlfriend just got to jackin with the other girlfriend he a real piece of shit

5. MIUNZ

MIUNZ Senior Member

It doesn't really count if u don't listen to advice properly, simples don't have to be keyboard letters. They just need to be simple, my younger cousin listened when I told him to do simples, he was 9 now he's 12 and much better than u

6. Bants

Bants Senior Member

with this you get what you put in... there is no short cut. you have to love it or you will never progress. i know toys that have been in this game for at least a decade and never picked up a can... but they love it. i quit for a long time. life just happens, writing took a back seat with me and family took priority. but thats gone now and ive been sketching again as an escape... i forgot how much i loved this shit. take advice as you will. as long as you love it, the letters will come. dont do this shit for someone else, this is for you. graffiti saved my mental health, my first and only true love. then what others think dont matter, and one day it will just click and you know your shit is good enough to not be ashamed of. start with handstyles, then once you have an alphabet and a style thats yours, move to throwies and simple straights. LEAVE THE PAINT ALONE, thats a whole different beast. once you get good simples then bend and flex your letters. extensions and addons will come naturally. then try painting. i did tags only for the longest time... if you are not willing to invest time then find something else you are. thats the best advice i can give anyone and... im drunk as fuck right now.

7. gumOnShoe

gumOnShoe Elite Member

my guy has a point, your shit can't get fresh overnight, this shit takes years, even with a mentor like i had to hold your own. not only is the time a factor but so is HOW you're practicing. Sketching your throws? stop. draw them. having trouble controlling your marker? move it faster. got fuzzy sketch lines? make longer strokes, longer curves. shit like that. think outside of the box on how you're going to improve your shit. you won't figure it out for a while, but once you do, other people will notice and it will become apparent to you.

8. Tuke

Tuke Senior Member

What do you mean "past simple"? Your pieces look like something my friends and I would do in the 5th grade. Doodling stick figures everyday doesnt mean that you have been in the game for long. Do some proper simple shit

9. Bants

Bants Senior Member

i think what Tuke is trying to say is uniform letters, sharp, pay attention to letter thickness. and for the love of GOD simple. little to no overlapping. watch your negative space. clean as possible. the mistake i see most beginning folks make is trying to get to complicated to fast. thats why it dont look right. take your time... try to be perfect. simple 3d, personally i like shadow 3d on simples. you gunna be fine bro, but take it serious. this is a real artform not many people can do but most of them want to be able too. be that guy or gal thats able to.

10. Sandijs

Sandijs Member

Just started. Figured out my throwie style, upper shadows and letter forms are ugly even for me.
    I want to hear some critz! Maybe I should do some more and then get my ass outside?

4aa57fb2-91c2-40b7-a5c0-a39ca8fd448f.jpg

11. SUG

SUG Elite Member

Looks nice...i would bring the shadow on the f even with the corner. Does it spell fugu?

12. SUG

SUG Elite Member

And the line on the second u even with the line on the first u

13. stanproloso

stanproloso New Member

14. Sandijs

Sandijs Member

Thanks! Tried a couple shadowing variations and got all the shits together and now it kinda looks like a throwie. And yes, it spells Fugu

EDIT:
    Also just came up with a tag, it may look toyish and shit but it's really hard to figure out atag that flows with my letter combination.

b2a8786c-b700-42b5-912a-527be3c233fd.jpg

Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
  15. Ahem

Ahem Senior Member

16. Son EAC

Son EAC Member

17. skrit.

skrit. Senior Member

So practice is the main crit but,
    Work on bars, the back of the S is kind of weird. The rounding of points isn't always consistent. Keep practicing letter structures.
    practice shadow. Not sure what's going on with the bottom of the o. You have to think about what you're actually drawing in terms of a 3dimensional shape. Nice fill though.

18. Sandijs

Sandijs Member

After changing my name to Heker, I came up with a fresh throwie.. I need help with my K letter to make it flow.. This is the only way I figured
    Also I'm struggling with shadowing.. Any tips where and how to add shadows properly? (Any vids, forum tuts..?)
    awww.bildites.lv_images_2udbhhsb_127839_original.jpg

Came up with diffrent H letter (first attempt and the worst attempt, too lazy to upload recent pics)
    awww.bildites.lv_images_h9qq4x7m_127850_original.jpg

Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
  19. MINE2 : C.H.A.P.S. CRU

MINE2 : C.H.A.P.S. CRU Senior Member

Same as with everything else, simple letters. Consider penmanship skills you learn in school, practice basic letter structure then curving, sizing and adding on extra parts

20. rest_lux

rest_lux Member