Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Blackbooks

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Jun 15, 2005.

Share This Page

1. MIUNZ

MIUNZ Senior Member

That fill is actually killer bro, the letters need work still but that fill is top. there are actually plenty of writers whose letters are average at best but the fill makes up for it if you're able to clean up your letters I see no reason for you not to flourish in graffiti practice simple straights and actually make them look good.
    also maybe a better understanding of bars would help or just practicing bars a bit more to have more consistent bar widths

To be honest you've just got to keep doing what you're doing maybe thicker but cleaner lines ??
    Also your flow is alright for the style of letters you're doing.
    Another tip would be to practice your handstyle, that can always improve flow that's why my flow is average coz my handstyle is trash

2. SpawnCamp

SpawnCamp Senior Member

Thanks man, I absolutely need to practice my bars more. I know it all literally stems from that one issue of just not putting in the time to practice better bars. I've been watching some shit on instagram and youtube and trying to get a better feel for it. The shit that fucks me up is trying to put any add ons or connectors in. I way overthink it then end up just going back to simps and playing around with balance, layout, and width to create style instead. But you are spot on. practice practice

3. MIUNZ

MIUNZ Senior Member

I tried to add everything to my pieces when I was starting out to and got shit on plenty by people in these forums so I took a step back started only posting up straights litterally no extensions or add ons for about a year then by that time I was more comfortable and confident about my letter structure that I was able to post on here without needing as much crits and resulting in more positive feedback too

4. Whtboi

Whtboi Member

New bombing science blackbook came in the mail today. Started it off with something simple. Love the size of this book by the way.

Snapchat-636371622.jpg

5. gumOnShoe

gumOnShoe Elite Member

Don't waste $15 (sometimes more) for a sketchbook with 200sheets or less, when you can buy 1500 sheets for like $20 at your local office store.

6. Whtboi

Whtboi Member

I paid like 6 bucks for it while I was ordering other stuff, its the perfect size to carry with me, and I didn't have to leave my house to get it. Worth it imo

7. SpawnCamp

SpawnCamp Senior Member

Didn't do you justice with this one you did but felt like painting today
    IMG_20200125_150729_512.jpg

8. Dinki_One

Dinki_One Member

Thanks for the advice man

9. gumOnShoe

gumOnShoe Elite Member

holy fuck. um, ok. I guess just prices at stores where im from are expensive. forget i said anything. Regarding your actual graffiti, that looks pretty bad. The S, a wack style, A, wack structure, P, looks doofy and the drip is making it look worse. Scrap everything. Do simple letters, like the ones on your keyboard. Learn about fonts, learn about letter structure, learn that you should actually know when to try in respect to how much understanding of the letters you have over time to add style and add-ons. It's not happening overnight, and skipping the proper steps will make you look bad outside. may be not to some of these corny ass new internet writers, but from the real ones you will get no props. you work on your tag first, then your throw up, then your straight letters, then your pieces. Those are the fundamentals of fully evolving as a writer, a legend from my city Chino BYI says this aswell as a majority of the legends from my city. not trying to sound condescending or anything just trying to pass on knowledge from the people who made graffiti international. without them, most of us wouldnt even be interested in this craft.

@SpawnCamp yeah this looks trash. are you like rich or something? you can afford to buy this much paint and do these fancy fills, ive seen you for at least 3months here posting shit and it seems you have no understanding on how letters are put together. There are plenty of resources on this forum on how to improve, i reckon you should use them cause your work has actually gotten worse than what you posted before. stop doing all this fancy shit youre not ready. youre trying to run before you can walk and it just looks cringy when youre doing it.
    Learn the fundamentals before you try to be innovative.

10. SpawnCamp

SpawnCamp Senior Member

Lol dude, yeah I know it was trash, someone was actually trying to help me out and did a cool sketch and I wanted to paint something like it. Just because I fucked it up a bit doesn't mean I'm going to not do it. Also yep, I have a job that can afford me to fully enjoy my hobbies. Also fine with the cringe, if I'm going to spend money and paint, I am going to have some fun with it. I like to try different styles and I am back to trying to nail down my simps and get a better understanding of bar structure in my books. But if I feel like painting I'm going to do it and you can go cry more about how you can't afford it

11. gumOnShoe

gumOnShoe Elite Member

Lol I rack my paint. I'm not crying about paint i have enough. But alright if you know what you're doing i cant stop you from doing your wackass graff. You won't last.

12. SpawnCamp

SpawnCamp Senior Member

I've already been here a year and yes, I am trying to practice and put in the work but this isn't some training camp i need to suffer through and learn to hate because some kid thinks you can't have fun with your hobbies. There is room for both. And careful racking shit, nobody wants to see you get caught up

13. gumOnShoe

gumOnShoe Elite Member

14. SpawnCamp

SpawnCamp Senior Member

Don't expect me to leave, I enjoy this community and think it's actually super positive and helpful, even spicy beef omlets like yourself. I'm sure if you hated all the inexperience and people trying to learn you wouldn't be hanging around the toys forum or at least muted me if you just can't stand my toy shit

Here is some more garbage for you to enjoy
    20200117_193509.jpg

15. Whtboi

Whtboi Member

Few more recent things of mine. Realize that's the only thing I've posted on this forum. Just getting back into writing again.

Snapchat-1135674107.jpg

20200115_200159.jpg

Snapchat-1322968118.jpg

20200117_013732.jpg

20200124_012926.jpg

Snapchat-569778018.jpg

16. Wintr

Wintr Member

Did this one today.

IMG-2836.jpg

17. Matt Wrigh

Matt Wrigh Elite Member

Hydrodipped my first pair of sneakers today:):) Very pleased with the results!!

Screenshot_20200126-164757_Gallery.jpg

18. Matt Wrigh

Matt Wrigh Elite Member

The other side

Screenshot_20200126-164802_Gallery.jpg

19. Whtboi

Whtboi Member

20. Whtboi

Whtboi Member

@Wintr love your simples homie they're always fresh and clean