Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Bleach Stenciling

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by tendril, Jun 8, 2006.

Share This Page

1. tendril

tendril New Member

I have heard that one can use bleach and a stencil to effectively 'clean' an area of dirty wall.

Any ideas which type of bleach would be most effective for this? Hydrogen peroxide or good old domestos?

An example [sorry for it being commercial but it is the only example I have]

awww.shotgunsandwich.net_images_bleach.jpg

Cheers

tendril

awww.shotgunsandwich.net_images_bleach.jpg

2. Brian Peppers

Brian Peppers Senior Member

3. Rogue

Rogue Guest

Um regular bleach. Hydrogen peroxide would be to water-ey. Use some good ol' clorox.

4. Brian Peppers

Brian Peppers Senior Member

In what? A spray bottle?

5. Rogue

Rogue Guest

Yeah, or use a paint brush or roller and put it on, but I don't see why you would want to do this. Stick to paint

6. DnK/eeK

DnK/eeK Senior Member

i dont think this method of stenciling would completely be considered vandalism its pretty much like tagging with a power washer

7. C3ZR ONE

C3ZR ONE Moderator

Don't kid yourself. If you're making a mark and the law doesn't like it, you're getting served. I like the idea tho.

8. Copieright

Copieright Senior Member

damn if this is really working i would definatily try it! so tell your experiences with bleach and stencils

9. InsaneSanity

InsaneSanity Senior Member

Bleach drain cleaner anti limescale rubbish and some white spirit.. done.

10. bigbomba'

bigbomba' Elite Member

a sponge soaked in clorax and jsut wipe the stencil area over and walk away and let the bleach do its thing with time.. thats how i would do it...

11. ShIfTeD

ShIfTeD Elite Member

anyone doubting this can go to hell...its a very mainstream thing when it comes to street art

a. you dont use a bottle of liquid bleach

b. you use comet bleach powder mixed with water into a paste then you roll it on

c. it is pretty damn permanent considering most places only wash their walls once a year if that

ive done this about 20 times, and the result is awsome, and if you get caught the only thing they can bust you for is traspassing, and i say everybody should atliest give this a try

i just dont like it because i hate rollers...i prefer a can, but thats just me :D

12. InsaneSanity

InsaneSanity Senior Member

cool shit thanks for that dude.. i was thinking of doing some crazy hands with a window cleaner bottle though.. but as you said..

13. BIGel

BIGel Elite Member

i just tried this with a stencil of bruce lee laying down the law. i used a spray bottle and some industrial strength bleach, i gotta say it worked pretty well..but i did hit the dirtiest wall uv ever seen too. ill post flix tomorrow.

14. DRIG

DRIG Member

Interesting idea. Just make sure it doesn't get mixed with dawn dish soap. That shit makes mustard gas. or something else unpleasant.

15. Z3BRA

Z3BRA Elite Member

16. DRIG

DRIG Member

17. zachatnca

zachatnca Senior Member

i remember a while back i tried this with some sort of chemical (cant remember what exactly it is) but it worked great and is still up. my friend who works on a construction site helped me put bleach in a spray paint can and re pressurize it and it workers amazing. however i doubt everyone will have this possibility so i cant see how it would be possible to do this without the bleach dripping all over the stencil.

18. FCP

FCP New Member

19. FCP

FCP New Member

I've often wondered what bleach would work.
    I know I'm not artistic enough to use paints, but have a massive urge, to put stuff on walls.
    I'm off to get some Powdered bleach.