Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Can Control Problems

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by the infamous one, Oct 16, 2004.

Share This Page

1. blackpeople

blackpeople Senior Member

also what to say cus u keep saying ny fat on rusto haha bad combo bro.....ny fat are for krylin and then montana and ironlak shit like that.... ny fat make rusto spit or leak out top....

2. JayAyDubZed

JayAyDubZed Senior Member

Its way easyer flaring from top to bottom I rekon. And you can easily get em nice n pointy at the bottom.

3. SiNe-VrL-516

SiNe-VrL-516 Senior Member

I love IRonlak paint i got like 40 to 50 cans of it easy

4. trowel

trowel Senior Member

paint in fact makes essentially NO difference...ever heard of totem2? he uses just rusto and basic ny caps for many pieces and if you have seen his work you know how insane it is especially for the tools used...

Its all about the PAINTER not the paint.

5. Noz

Noz Senior Member

yea but itll be harder to have good can control with high pressure paint as opposed to low pressure paint.. but other than that, i agree^

6. CrustOner

CrustOner Elite Member

Although Valspar Odds and Ends won't be making clean lines in my lifetime.

7. Noz

Noz Senior Member

well yea, true...

8. trowel

trowel Senior Member

I know...but some of these kids need a real world example as proof.

kudos though...you did make the point.

:)

9. LLamaSense

LLamaSense Guest

wrong

guy...ny fats are the best thing for rustos, i dont use anything but. b4 u paint or shake the can.. turn it upside down and press the cap for a while, a little color will come out but it relieves some pressure inside the can. pres it until u feel its enough and ull see that it sprays mad smoother and a solid one inch line. if not then i dont know what to tell you :D

heres the first time i ever used the NY FAT and i never looked back.

afarm3.static.flickr.com_2522_3921250875_4ebb10bc0d.jpg

Wher2 LBC GUK

10. delliproof

delliproof Senior Member

hey yo, when using Krylon on indoor walls, what are smart ways to keep the drips down? Especially when working on the fill.

11. Karl Malowned.

Karl Malowned. Member

ive been using my middle finger to "trace" the outside edge for all my outlines/force's. if u havent tried this yet it works amazing. idk if it makes any sense how i am typing it out, but if you use your pointer finger to press the cap, use your middle finger to "trace" that edge that youre trying to outline. not sure if anyone posted this here yet but it works very well

12. dip02

dip02 Member

use a thicker cap

13. phoe

phoe Senior Member

this works great on smooth walls. +1

14. Karl Malowned.

Karl Malowned. Member

good shit Phoe, glad to see this worked out for you. was wondering if anyone else has tried this method or has already been using it for ages. no matter how fast you "trace" it seems like it comes out money every time. met some cat in the city who told me about this method so i cant really take any credit. now if i only knew some writers to get up with in my area id be straaiiiiggghhht heh

15. phoe

phoe Senior Member

yes i just happened to do it one day, a slight tattoo technique. works great, just i wouldnt suggest on a bare wall.

16. STARPLAYER

STARPLAYER Senior Member

17. bomber boy

bomber boy Member

when i started out i found this as a good way to get can control find a wall or abandoned building or something out of veiw and spend a while just learning the flow and speed the paint comes out doesnt have to be anything could just be lines but u get used to the speed u need and losening up ur arm

18. 4menace2society0

4menace2society0 Banned

the kid in the vid isnt the best example specially with his flashlight
    and i think you just need to keep your arm relaxed and not shaky and your set, practice doin your lines in strides and cuttin lines and thats all it is
    and i think paint does make a big difference, not gunna make the graff better but using ironlak is gunna bring sucha cleaner peice out than one with rusto, but dont get me wrong you can do it with rusto you just gunna need to spend more time on it cleanin it up thats all

19. cincygraff

cincygraff Member

i recommend and NY FAT try em out

20. zachatnca

zachatnca Senior Member

ok yes practice will get you better EVENTUALLY but you wanna get better now right? well let me tell you someone a while back gave me the most useful tip i have ever gotten. the trick is to not bend your wrist at all and flow with the can, become the can. this may sound zen the fucked out but it really works. to practice this put on any sort of glove and put a rubberband around the bottom at your wrist. then when your ready to write put the can in the rubberband and it will help you practice moving the can and not bending your wrist. another tip is that you wanna make sure you'll have enough room, when i first started graf i had lots of trouble with estimating my room i always had to go higher then i could reach so the tops would always fade out. also to prevent the drips the only thing i can think of is if your using high pressure paint, dont. i feel like high presure paint takes a while to master and you really need to practice alot with it and i think its terrible if your just starting to write. goodluck with the bombing man