Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Caps

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by Zeos, Sep 27, 2004.

Share This Page

1. 0113

0113 Senior Member

Anyone which can help me with the best fat cap to use on the Montana Silverchrome 600ml? Would the MTN Astro Fat be a good option? Have a few of them laying around but not feeling on wasting any of them.

2. echoV

echoV Senior Member

get an aerosol can of "Acetone" and use it to clean ur caps by putting your dirty ones on the can and spraying acetone thru it

3. Bt98

Bt98 Senior Member

^^ works like a charm

4. Ahem

Ahem Senior Member

So how is the lego cap? Better on high or low pressure? Looks pretty good from what i've seen.

5. Koda01

Koda01 Senior Member

I feel like this is the toyest question of all time, but just bought a few cans and I'm up to some shit this weekend, but forgive me: can I use the same cap in multiple cans? because if I can why do people buy so many of the same, why don't they buy let's say one fat, one medium fat, one skinny, etc.... and are fat caps good for throwies' outlines?

6. PUTS

PUTS Elite Member

You can use the same cap for multiple cans. I do, it doesn't really mess with anything as far as I know.

7. Koda01

Koda01 Senior Member

Thanks for the help bro

8. BAITS

BAITS Moderator

Koda01 - You can use caps of multiple cans, just they start clogging up after a while. People tend to buy lots of caps so they have some if one fails, or clogs or something, so if your out and your only pink dot fails, you have more to do stuff with. i suggest getting packs of 5 or 10 of each cap.
    For outlines on throwies, i tend to use fat caps for both the fill and outline. Nice and quick, makes it pop out nice

9. Koda01

Koda01 Senior Member

Shit.... I only bought one fat cap....

10. Koda01

Koda01 Senior Member

Does that mean im fucked?

11. BAITS

BAITS Moderator

not necessarily. Just get more caps when your next at the store or order more in your next shipment

12. Koda01

Koda01 Senior Member

But to do a 3 coloured throwie, you think 1 is enough? (and thanks)

13. BAITS

BAITS Moderator

yeah, probably

14. Koda01

Koda01 Senior Member

Nice, thanks for the help bro

15. BAITS

BAITS Moderator

16. 0113

0113 Senior Member

Why can't you buy stock caps for Montana Black/Montana Gold? Really annoys me..

17. dangeri

dangeri Elite Member

Montanna Black comes with Orange Dot fat cap, and Gold comes with Beige Dot soft cap. You can buy the caps, but in a different colour. Pink Dot for Fat, Blue Dot for Soft Cap. Henx's has them in stock bro. Astro's and Lego Caps for the win in my opinions though.

18. 0113

0113 Senior Member

Gold over here comes with a golden cap (not the golden fat tho), which I can't seem to find anywhere. I buy my caps mostly online or at my local store, Henxs is 1,5 hours away for me so not really something I'd go far, specially considering Rotterdam is way closer and they have several good shops over there. I've got one or two skinny beige's in house, so I'll put those on my Gold's if the stocks won't work anymore. Personally I don't really like the Montana caps I used so far, except for the golden one, but could be because that's low pressure..

My favourite caps are defo MTN's, Skinny 94, Universal Transparant, NY Fat and Super Fat Silver for me. But maybe the first two because I like details and thin lines.

19. Monkeyrides

Monkeyrides Member

after every use i will hold my can upside down with the cap on and spray until it just sprays aresol (clear spray) and that usually gets all the left over paint out of the cap

20. Bt98

Bt98 Senior Member

^^this works wonders. Don't have to do it for long either, just enough to clean it. It also lowers the pressure of your can if you do it for longer, but be careful. You can end up losing too much pressure and have left over paint in the can after the rest of the pressure is used up