Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Caps

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by Zeos, Sep 27, 2004.

Share This Page

1. skrim

skrim Senior Member

has anyone here ever tried the mini 100ml montana spray cans ? ahaha .. that shit is awesome .. even when ur at clubs and shit u keep it in your pocket and BAM .. haha its awesome shit .. u can refill it too .. with a paint mixing valve . its cool haha

2. Runk

Runk Senior Member

so like new york fats arent made for fills? cuz i use new york fats for fills and new york skinnys for outlines.

3. retnevni

retnevni Member

dont buy rusto fat caps they waste paint, and dont cut or flare..

if you want a fat cap get gold dots..fattest cap out there that you can buy..

any paints good as long as you know how to use it B)

4. ST1LE

ST1LE Member

LOL^^ either u are a complete and total fucking moron or have definately messed up!

First of all heres the description of Gold Dots right off BombingScience: Gold Dots

-Really skinny cap. Get really fine lines (1 finger wide).
    -Fit on Krylon, Montana and Color Vision cans.

^ deffinately not a fucking fat cap. hahaha thats like saying a Pink Dot is the thinest cap out there.

5. Runk

Runk Senior Member

i thought orange dots were the fattet. wut caps good for flares?

6. Crimeske

Crimeske Senior Member

yo orange dots are not the fattest. Pink dots are. also a good tip for flares would be a gold dot.

7. HYPE

HYPE Member

Hey crimeseke The only place i hace access to paint is a K-mart by my house and all they a have from rusto is a bunch of primer :huh:

8. >SM!7K<

>SM!7K< Elite Member

montana level 5, pink dots are some nice fat lines,

gold dots- thins, and clog quick

you can use primer---

9. Crimeske

Crimeske Senior Member

yeah you can use primer... can be a bitch tho.. like you have to make sure you get dark colors. like black, brown, dark red. not gray comes of clear... but yeah that really sucks man.. look for a local hardware store near you they usually have some good colors of some kind of paint. and just rack it.

10. Crimeske

Crimeske Senior Member

look for painters touch,american accents.they are made by Rusto as well. Great Paint. i really wanna get some Krylon watermelon... American Accents Green Apple, and Painters Touch pink.. but they dont have them anywhere near me. sucks

11. alive

alive Banned

heres a stupid question but here goes:

i dont have any caps at the moment and am looking for the right ones to buy. im thinking im gonna get a ny fat and use stock for outline.
    (btw wat do u think of that choice?)

but my real question is, when ur doing a fill w/ a fat cap, and but theres a skinny part that needs to be filled (2 small for the cap not to go over the outline) would i need to switch caps?

looking back that sounds a little confusing but i hope you know what i mean. if you dont, tell me and ill try to explain better.

thanks for you time and help,
    PRICE

PS. can caps be reused or do they clog? can i switch them back and forth between cans during a piece without them clogging?

12. alive

alive Banned

hello? i posted my question 2 days ago. . .

and i have no patience

13. >SM!7K<

>SM!7K< Elite Member

alright chill out, youll get an answer when you get an answer, yeah you can use ny fats and stock outline, w/e sinks your ship really, or stock fill, fat outline...
    put the can close to the wall and mave quick, you can still get a thin line with a fat, if its a throw, you shouldnt have so many small details
    yeah caps will ast longer then your writing carrear, its just plastic, sure they may clog, but nothing a lil soak in thinner, a needle and some air wont fix, yeah you can swicth em while your doing your shit, just spray a lil, to get the prvious color out, when you go out bombing, take a few extra caps, even if there stocks, depending on the night, i can loose from no caps to about 5 , shit sucks , oh and test the caps on the paint before you go out, suck being at a spot about to drop one, and you find the cap dont fit, or its too small

14. alive

alive Banned

15. settybomb

settybomb Elite Member

quick and close to keep it clean. remember

16. base1

base1 New Member

i use krylon,the dollar cans suck ass,i wanna get some montana cans for real,christmas is coming!!!

17. YNOT iN SF

YNOT iN SF Senior Member

yea Montanas are like the best for me...

but most of the colors that i want is likely soold out

18. alive

alive Banned

i hear endlessly about how krylon, montana, alien etc. are better then cheap cans. ive only painted with 99cent cans. how are they really that much better, dismissing the matter of color choices??

19. alive

alive Banned

edit--double post sry

20. dirmaster0

dirmaster0 Senior Member

Its really how thick you want the spray on the wall to be--
    Krylon used to be the shit--but people who still spray with it are in for a little disappointment ever since they switched suppliers from Belton to Scherwin William's--That fucked the brand to hell......It isnt necessarily the price that dictates when something's better than the other--I mean the can doesnt make the art, the writer does-- Its not like having a shit load of krylon or montana's is gonna make you some mad ass writer--use whatever the fuck you want man just get up n stay up :) Peace