Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Caps

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by Zeos, Sep 27, 2004.

Share This Page

1. >SM!7K<

>SM!7K< Elite Member

yeah, if anything get painters touch, its thicker then then krylon, and a nice color selection, but fuckit, if your bombing, whats the point in using a 4 doller can, when your not even going to have time to do a nice fill anyway, and its going to get buffed most likey in less then 2 months, if not... you can always go back and fix it up
    but fuck it ill tag with a snikers bar if thats all i have, as long as it gets my name up...

2. AoAssis

AoAssis Elite Member

^^^ AMEN to both of you, i have tryed to say this to people before but obviously they know better <_< and that montana makes the writer <_< fuck it ill take ne thing i can get all it takes it some can control and i say u get can control with the worst paint posible

3. Crimeske

Crimeske Senior Member

yeah ^^ top.. what he said.. krylon isnt as good as people say it is.. it drips tons.. i like American Tradition. has the sickest color selection in the world and its cheap as hell. best of all it doesnt drip.. you can get it at any lowes store. but if you cant get that get a can of painters touch or American Accents or basiclly any Rustoleum product they are the best.

4. alive

alive Banned

thanks for your help.
    ive been using perfect touch (perhaps a cheap nockoff of painters touch?) and design masters with caps form household products. they're the only cans i can find.

5. >SM!7K<

>SM!7K< Elite Member

:eek: now its time for me to ask some questions, i plan on ordering a nice set of caps, but was wondering some info on em'

first,
    German fats[Broken External Image]:http://www.dahub.com.au/imagesa/nozzles/germanfat_small.jpg
    how well do the work, on lets say rusto, krylon,and cheap shit? also how fat is the spray, i heard its a medium fat cap ,compared to a pinkdot hows the thickness?

next , montatna lvl 5's, [Broken External Image]:http://www.dahub.com.au/imagesa/nozzles/nozml5.jpg
    how fat are they compared to pinkdots, and how do they work with those previous cans i listed?

and these bluedots
    [Broken External Image]:http://www.dahub.com.au/imagesa/nozzles/bluedot_small.jpg
    there softball caps, mean they have a nice fat spray, but really light right?

i know i didnt have to post the pics, but it gives ya something to look at i guess,
    Thanks for anyadvice you all can give me,
    PeacE

6. Wunce

Wunce Senior Member

Yo man, Just buy them and test them they are only caps ;)

7. >SM!7K<

>SM!7K< Elite Member

yeah i no, im probally gunna buy like a tester kit with like 5 of each, i just wanted to see if i could get some advice.. the thing is, i dont really use thins, so those packs are kinda usless

8. CaM-ONER

CaM-ONER Senior Member

dont smoke dont drink dont get high im comin at u natural and live from cb wuteva - case2 in style wars

9. >SM!7K<

>SM!7K< Elite Member

damn your cool, saying that in everyfucking thread huh?

10. magic nyc

magic nyc Elite Member

Tip: Have the eye of the cap spraying away from the eye of the sprayer.

11. markingz.

markingz. Banned

ha, that's always a good idea. :lol:

12. LooP

LooP Senior Member

make sure not to b pointing it at other folks eyes to that wouldnt b to cool to spray someone in the eye well mayb it would b but not for the person getting sprayed

13. >SM!7K<

>SM!7K< Elite Member

:( store front+trying to be quick= paint in the face

or sometimes when your putting the caps on, i like to turn em to put em on, or take em of, :( sometimes i pus instead of pull

14. markingz.

markingz. Banned

one time I was finishing up a few cans and I was throwing them in this crate I got and each can had a new cap on and as I threw put one of them in the cap shot off and hit me in the eye. So uh my advice dont throw cans when they're empty lol

whenever I put caps on I twist em on and then just throw em away wit the can

15. HydE

HydE Senior Member

u throw ur caps?!?!?! its hard for me to get caps so what ever i get i keep and maintain the best i can.

16. >SM!7K<

>SM!7K< Elite Member

i think he means stocks, or mayb not, some people dont value what they have,

17. sika_2002

sika_2002 Elite Member

anybody know a GOOD way of cleaning caps, i put some in whitespirit but it still didnt work.

18. ?!?

?!? Senior Member

anybody make ur own caps?

19. settybomb

settybomb Elite Member

its a slow process cleaning caps. But i cleaned 50 german outline caps at once in this huge vat of thinner. It took like a week but it finally worked. WHORAY FOR GERMAN OUTLINES!

20. >SM!7K<

>SM!7K< Elite Member

what i do is i just have a jar, fillit with mineral spirits, alchool, and anysolvent i can find,
    then i just leave my caps in there till im going out, grab a few and spary a lil through them, good as new