Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Caps

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by Zeos, Sep 27, 2004.

Share This Page

1. TRITE

TRITE Senior Member

haha fuck man really? i literally just got done buyin a 10 pack, any chance it was a fluke or sum shit? cuz all i can get my hands on around here is rusto, all the stores switched over to them new fuckin gay ass krylons, i mean ill give it a try on anything i can rack but i was hopin itd just work straight up on a rusto so i dont have to go diggin through cans at the store

2. noxi

noxi Elite Member

Well i guess it depends on the can. For me, some pink dots work well on some of my rusto cans, and others pop it or it just sqrays at an irregular shape.

3. spitbot

spitbot New Member

man, krylon sucks chunks through a straw, rusto and mtn german.
    now thats the shit.... krylon is waaaaay to misty and thin for me, the paint i use has to be opaque and thick, especially for bombing.

favorite cap has to be german outliner, ny fats, and the transversal...
    (also uhmm..... #5 gold fats? i think thats what they're called, correct me if im wrong.)

4. hammer_time

hammer_time Banned

some, and so is some painters touch, as my local spot has been reordering, its been coming back male, but they arent like the krylon cans... my lowes has some AA but its starting to come back male too, pretty some my color schemes are gonna be pretty fuckin limited

5. Wallace

Wallace Elite Member

i dont understand rusto cans at all. just tried out all of these caps on rusto royal and harbor blue... and none of them leaked, yet when i go bombing most of them leak like a bitch

-orange dot
    -pink dot
    -ny fat
    -blue dot
    -rusto fat (always good)
    -astro fat (leak like a bitch bombing)
    -german outline (work fine for me all the time)
    -banana skinny (work fine for me all the time)

they all worked fine..

i dream of a world where all caps work on rusto all the time. not hit or miss

6. noxi

noxi Elite Member

Fo reals, Rusto is the only paint brand that is at home depot that is good.

7. TRITE

TRITE Senior Member

yea man its straight if these caps would work on em, it just a pain in the ass that thas all u can get and u cant find a cap thats straight for em 100% of the time. its really almost enough to make me just shell out the money for the beltons or the montanas, at least when you get those you know your shit wont give you problems

8. TRITE

TRITE Senior Member

aiight i looked all over for a different thread to put this ? in and couldnt find one so mods dont crucify me for being slightly off topic here but i got this nasty nerd streak about me trying to learn as much history on shit im into as possible, anybody know whats up with like the history of the fatcap? im assuming old heads just started rippin caps off cans when shit started cloggin or whatever and found ones that sprayed fat, but im wondering if maybe there was more to it than that.

(the only reason im bothering to type this up is cuz im at work and the alternative is to. . . . .fuckin work)

9. freka

freka Senior Member

any one used those caps called molotow skinnys same sort of thing as a german outline, those things are dope with belton for thin outlines and technical bits

10. CAN-KILLER

CAN-KILLER Senior Member

rusto destoys every other paint besides montana black and as far as caps rusto fat and german outline are the most reliable.

11. H3TT1NG3R

H3TT1NG3R Elite Member

yo what are those caps that peopel use for flairs that go from liek pencil thin to fat and flaring out?
    also how are needle caps? do they clog like alot, and what do teh ywork on?

12. CAN-KILLER

CAN-KILLER Senior Member

i use ny fats for flairs an i dont think they use needls there mad thin and can be drippy

13. Wallace

Wallace Elite Member

silver colorplace cans have been pissing me off lately and leaking with every single cap

14. noxi

noxi Elite Member

pretty sure they are ny fats. Just the people that can do flairs have hella good can control. Its hard to flare, i can do it a lil but it looks ugly.

15. ...Syerf

...Syerf Senior Member

universals are perfect for that....wow
    i<3universals

16. ...Syerf

...Syerf Senior Member

im honestly not sure, but i would bet it was just some writers pulling caps from other aersol cans like hairspray, cleaners ect. and trying them on to see what they would do. just curiosity most likely. thats how i found the caps i used to use before i bought some

17. hammer_time

hammer_time Banned

jif-foam, and niagra spray starch were among the first commonly used, and alot of oven cleaner.....
    it was just that, people yanking and trying caps, more common products were female cans back then

18. Daisoner

Daisoner Member

Quit Bitchin

i gotta agree that Montanas the best paint out there but fuck it if you love graff 4 graff use what you got I've been rocckin Krylon for years now cause you can rack it from bout any place with paint I'm tired of hearin bout how you gotta have Montana or Belmont and some crazy back to the future sci-fi caps to do graff if you love doin it do it.

19. Daisoner

Daisoner Member

Now has anyone else been havin problems with these new krylon caps there puttin on more and more colors it used to just be on the neons and some satin colors but now damn near all krylon has them someone please tell me they know some trick to workin with with'em

20. CAN-KILLER

CAN-KILLER Senior Member

ive gotta trick rusto its better anyways