Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

changing names

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by av3r, Sep 29, 2015.

Share This Page

1. av3r

av3r Member

Probably a toy as fuck question but that's why I'm in this forum. Been writing Aver for a while, got up in a few places but nothing major. Been having trouble with the letter V; tagging it is fine but throwup wise alot of the time the V ends up looking like a U and its hard (atleast for me) to make it look like a V when a V is an incredibly straight letter that ends up looking like a U when doing a bubble style.

What would you guys do, keep working at it or change names/swap the letter? A/E/R are pretty easy for me just the V gives me some trouble.

2. Placebo.x

Placebo.x New Member

Keep working at it. I would assume that your tag is like a second identity. It should be YOU.

3. JediJay

JediJay Member

I always picked letters I liked and went through a dictionary looking for words with most of the letters in it.

4. SUG

SUG Elite Member

What about if i think there is someone with a similar name like shug and my name sug...but thats my actual nickname. Ive seen 3 of his peices on trains...i feel like i should just quit instead of change my name cause its me...but the unwritten rules say dont copy names! WHAT TO DO?

5. KickBM

KickBM Member

Don't quite bro u can do sug 2 or mix up the letters like gus or something

6. SUG

SUG Elite Member

It just works like that? i can add some numbers or something and you think they wont care

7. SUG

SUG Elite Member

Not trying to be sarcastic or a douche...just reread it and it seemed like it to me...lol just text doesnt give a good judgement of emotion

8. KickBM

KickBM Member

No worries lol... Back in days it was like there was a mod in London so when mode find that out he became mode 2 it was not so uncommon to had a 2 in order to make sure there is no confusion...it also count who uses the name first... I had a chat with a guy who write sick... The scene was small it was in 2001 and I wrote kick for three years already... So I found him and we talked he was a cool dude I ask him nicely to change his name and he agree...

9. SUG

SUG Elite Member

Ok i see...i appreciate that i was stressing for a while. I like SUG5 or SUG23. Some of my fav #. I kinda dig sug 5 cause i can write it out without it being to long

10. KickBM

KickBM Member

Sug 6 sound kind like success...but yes sug 5 sound cool too...

11. SUG

SUG Elite Member

Yea that sounds cool too has good flow!

12. Sandijs

Sandijs Member

Speaking about names n sht...I already can do a fast and decent throwie using name ''Fugu''... The flow is just great for throwies but I can't combine these letters to make a tag.. They just won't flow anymore.
    I've done so many tags but they all look like a shit.. It's just almost impossible for me to combine ''f'' with ''u'''.. That's why I kinda figured out a ''tag'' but it look toyish (profile pic)
    Should I change my name or what? I'm scared that my throwies will become a shit with a new letter combination.. And I'm pretty happy with my name r now but the tag is A BIG PROBLEM for me..

thoughts?

http://www.bildites.lv/images/93axpkgv/127702/thumbnail.jpg
    http://www.bildites.lv/images/nce2pcfp/127703/thumbnail.jpg
    (did this one for the first time just to show how it flows.. maybe I should stick to this simple one and make it better...?)

edit: just came up with a word ''heker'' , it sounds a bit like ''hacker'' but idgaf really :D ..also I really like how the letters flow...

Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
  13. SUG

SUG Elite Member

Well i ended up sticking with the base of SUG as a tag but have came up with a couple ways to mix it up...i wrote out some for you to maybe give some inspiration...maybe we could do like tag exchanges to get ideas and get creative. Thats all you need

15310154907231936253791.jpg

14. Sandijs

Sandijs Member

I appreciate this a lot.. I've done a few tags with name Heker and for me they look much better than the Fugu..I'm just gonna roll with the name Heker from now or maybe I'll just keep both of them like two personalities or some sht.
    And yh I support that tag exchanging idea u had..

15. yeti

yeti Member

Yeah I have the same problem as the guy above. I've been writing "yeti" for about 2 months now and I've done a decent amount of throws, but my tag is so garbage that I don't really tag anymore because I just don't like it. I've been stuck with it for a good month now and I can't come up with anything. Any tips?

16. SUG

SUG Elite Member

I need to see a tag before i can say whats wrong with it...but i mean simple is better and repition is key

17. SUG

SUG Elite Member

Is it common to have multiple names?

18. Urbanophile-666

Urbanophile-666 Banned

Just my government issued graffiti name and my real one

19. SUG

SUG Elite Member

Cause i really like the name murk but i want to also keep sug

20. Urbanophile-666

Urbanophile-666 Banned

....S