Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Chat

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Edward"Sezer"Hands, Aug 17, 2007.

Share This Page

1. weakfingers

weakfingers Elite Member

Oh and before I forget, you guys don't gotta worry, I'll bring my camera so you dont have to.

2. Fury

Fury Elite Member

I wish I could go to NYC :(
    But next summer, all you cool cats come to SF.

3. Xfish

Xfish Senior Member

awesome i sure as hell hope we still go cus today they were talking about maybe not so ill tell you guys when for sure and san fran dont sound bad either btw itll probably be west 50's like around columbus circle but no deff on anything yet

Last edited: Feb 1, 2010
  4. CrustOner

CrustOner Elite Member

Beyond awesome. and I thought the same thing when I saw his name. hahaha

5. weakfingers

weakfingers Elite Member

Is it true that the term toys stands for Tag Over Yo Shit. I kinda wanna know what the word means and where it came from.

6. major"LEAG"

major"LEAG" Member

Yo, Weakfingers. I pulled this from Google...

toy
    1. Used as an adjective to describe poor work, or as a noun meaning an inexperienced or unskilled writer.[3] Graffiti writers usually use this as a derogatory term for new writers in the scene or writers that are old to the scene that still do not have any skill or reputation. The act of "toying" someone else's graffiti is to disrespect it by means of going over it (see "slash"/"going over").
    2. "toys" often added above or directly on a "toy" work. An acronym meaning Tag Over Your Shit.

7. Nick_0ne

Nick_0ne Member

i hate to be the guy completely clueless, but i figured this would be the best place to say what up im new..

8. CrustOner

CrustOner Elite Member

Welcome. Warning. Don't start any shit, and don't get butthurt by anything anyone says. You'll be set.

Welcome to BS.

9. Nick_0ne

Nick_0ne Member

lol.. thank you for the tips. im kinda too old to start shit with people online, i just wanna paint and be versed well enough to not be labeled a toy forever.. i expect shit talking, cause i hear it from heads out here in vegas who do all art, not just graff.. heads are big, pride is a necessity and im not going to get in the way of a man and his ego.. i know how fragile it can be.. plus i get high waayyyy too much for butthurt feelings..

10. Inlyn08

Inlyn08 Senior Member

Yessir, Yessir.

Welcome.
    Oh, and also..
    Post count doesn't make you better at Graff..

11. Vagrant

Vagrant Elite Member

i like you already

Last edited: Feb 3, 2010
  12. stryc9soup

stryc9soup Member

new guy doesn't talk shit? awesome. maybe there should be more people on these forums like that.

13. CrustOner

CrustOner Elite Member

Coming from the new guy?
    haha.

but anyway, welcome, both of you

14. sinkilla1

sinkilla1 Elite Member

lol we know this is true just look at vagrants post count ^^^

15. stryc9soup

stryc9soup Member

I'm not terribly new. I mean I've been reading this sight for a while to get educated, just never got into the forums until bout a month ago then realized half the shit on the forums (toy forums anyway) are just a bunch of immature kids who'd rather insult eachother than go out and write. So I only post occasionally when I get really bored. Like right now.

16. .nolove.

.nolove. Senior Member

from what i understand toy used to mean back in the day someone who was just basicly lame and weak/punk basicly,or a poser i cant remember.so thats where it came from.becuase their shit was lame/weak and they didnt know shit. toy has always been a disrespectful term tho..

the only acronym for toys i have ever heard was trouble.on.your.system or something like that...more than likely thats not how it started and its just some people trying to make words into something they're not...like acronyms.

17. .nolove.

.nolove. Senior Member

your first mistake..

honestly i lost all respect for this place along time ago and stopped trying to act civil/modest/nice and took up my new occupation as the lovable dick of the forum..toys love dick so its worked out so far.

18. Flawless Victory

Flawless Victory Elite Member

19. Inlyn08

Inlyn08 Senior Member

Burn...

20. TheToy

TheToy Elite Member

I just bought a new backpack. My last pack could only hold 11 cans. This pack holds well over eleven. Right now I've got assorted Rusto, CP, and Molotow. 24 cans. Still got room for atleast 5 more cans. And I also have two bottles of water in the main pouch. I can't wait till summer.

I'm gonna' go try and waste all these cans before it gets dark.
    Gonna' walk a line. Fixed my camera.
    :)

Fixed for Weak.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2010