Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Chat

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Edward"Sezer"Hands, Aug 17, 2007.

Share This Page

1. *Spectone*

*Spectone* Senior Member

um yes it is...get it right hip hop is not just rap hip hop is the art form of everything i listed previously...so just dont tlk

2. DRiPTooL

DRiPTooL Senior Member

yea i agree actually if you think about it they both go together because music is a vocal art and grafitti is a visual art so they could go hand in hand

3. remos

remos Senior Member

i realise they are both art or whatever im jsut saying just because of how close they are dosent mean they are the same thing

4. *Spectone*

*Spectone* Senior Member

w.e. graffiti is a form of hip hop....learn ur history get bak at me wen u do

5. hammer_time

hammer_time Banned

no graffiti is not hip hop, graffiti started in the early 70's, hiphop wasnt around until the late 70's early 80's, depending on where you divide the funk and the hip hop, when the graff movies like style wars came out, hip hop latched onto graffiti, and rode its coat tails, how many modern hip hop artists can pick up an empty marker, make ink, fill marker with said ink, and lay down a LEGIT handstyle.....very few, and that prolly has more to do with who they grew up around as opposed to hip hop influence, hell most of the writers from back in the day that you think are "hip hop" probably hate hip hop music...

learn YOUR history then post your wanna be knowledge on the intertoobs...

6. smooth_nuts

smooth_nuts Elite Member

graff started in the 60's man it wasnt till the 70's and 80's it got more widely noticed because of the use of larger letters,whole cars,ect.....graffit isnt and never will be hip hop,spect,you sir our the one who needs to learn your history
    edit*but word to every thing after that early 70's part
    edit again*
    umm have you listen to any thing considered rap lately...i'm very into old school shit man and i know waaaaay more about my history then you(seem to)do so go do some damn research...

Last edited: Jul 11, 2008
  7. hammer_time

hammer_time Banned

no, i know that, but i like to keep the info basic, there is no point in getting super specific if its not neccisary, if i can make the same point with widely accepted info

8. smooth_nuts

smooth_nuts Elite Member

basic?
    dude how is typing the mid 60's any more complicated then the early 70's....

9. Bazer

Bazer Moderator

10. smooth_nuts

smooth_nuts Elite Member

mike jones o_O

11. Bazer

Bazer Moderator

12. *Spectone*

*Spectone* Senior Member

in the 60's writing on boxcars were a political outcry against the govt.,used to mark gang territory and nothing like modern day graffiti...that being sed smooth nuts...those who actually wrote graffiti as we see it 2day also followed other forms of artistric expression(breaking,rapping,djing,GRAFFITI) thus making hip hop...im not saying graffiti is limited 2 ppl who follow hip hop im just saying that hip hop is graffiti and graffiti is an element of hip hop..study up cuz even toys needa noe some history...like i sed earlier watch wildstyle..read bomb the suburbs..get at me when u do

13. (SoS)Viruz

(SoS)Viruz Elite Member

14. *Spectone*

*Spectone* Senior Member

15. smooth_nuts

smooth_nuts Elite Member

ummm they were writing on subway cars and busses in new york in the mid 60's(you want flicks i'll go get your flicks) it was mostly just hand styles though....dudes back then you probaly heard of are guys like...stay high iz the wiz vinnie...wand wild style was a garbage movie and so was bomb the suburbs

and tspell like a normal fuckign person... all that sed 2day and noe shit

16. Bazer

Bazer Moderator

17. iVIBE

iVIBE Senior Member

word^
    hey can we type like we haven't baked ourselves half retarded? I mean jesus Christ on a crutch just take an extra minute spell words right, trust me you wont look like a complete dumbass!

18. modeswang77

modeswang77 Member

i think everyone should just shut up about this whole hip hop and graff shit and just WRITE!!!!
    but that's just what I think
    you wanna know more about graff? research it yourself, don't try to prove each other right and wrong about the shit. Juss shut up and write.
    Don't mean to offend anyone but fo real

19. hammer_time

hammer_time Banned

@smooth^ this is why i said early 70's because i knew this would come up about when and what was painted, and how it is different from modern graff. There is no doubt in anyone's mind that subway cars were being painted regularly by the early 70's and besides, that was not the point, that was merely a way of expressing that painting was around before people started spinnin on their heads.
    so there.

if you want to watch an old movie about graff, watch style wars, but when you do, i want you to notice something, i want you to count how many are wearing t-shirts from heavy metal and rock bands. i want you to count how many people are in the graff scenes AND AND in the "hiphop, mcing, breaking" part....
    also notice how many of them take the time to talk about each other...
    hell the only connection the movie gives is that they all became popular at the same time, martha stewart, and 50 cent got big around the same time, is she "gangsta"?

your a sheep, graffiti was started in a different time, by different people. then a bunch of fuckin squares realized that something, they didnt know what, but something was going on in them thar ghettos, so they went and investigated there was loud music and dudes spinnin on their heads, and there was funny writing everywhere, my were they confused, but being the sensible men, we all know 45 yo white men are, came to their own conclusions, and told you about it, and here we are today, with you spreadin your hippity hop info, let it die kid, hip hop was cool, it had its run, but its done, dont try to drag graff down with it..

only you and a handful of uneducated mass media produced writers think that graff is hip hop...

20. *Spectone*

*Spectone* Senior Member

okay..none of u have disproved how graffiti isnt an element of hip hop..all u have managed 2 do is wander from the topic..stay high did handstyles not painted pieces..im tlkin bout painted pieces..if u rly wanna disprove wat im tryin 2 establish then disprove the def. of hip hop..by the way bomb the suburbs wasnt a movie.it was a book..o0 and hammer time i watched style wars..thats y i sed graffiti isnt limited 2 hip hop..but again if u wud have read the posts then we'd b clear..im not hating on rock im not hatin on ne other shit u listen 2..all im saying is that graffiti is an element/counterpart of hip hop

"Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) - Cite This Source - Share This
    hip-hop Audio Help [hip-hop] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation Slang.
    –noun
    1. the popular subculture of big-city teenagers, which includes rap music, break dancing, and graffiti art."

not my words...straight from the dictionary

as far as me being uneducated in the subject hammer ..it surprises me how u can critique wat i sed..when in evry post ive disproved u,smoothnuts and the other dudes who r coming at me basically saying opinion and no fact...so keep typing and tellin me the same stuff ive heard over and over from the same handful of ppl..all i RLY wanna noe is if u or ne of the other ppl have read ne decent books on graffiti...o0o and iz ma typin on dis post n e betta