Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Chemistry 101:Beginner Ink Labs and Pics

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by HëRbN, Jul 2, 2008.

Share This Page

1. Kanoodler

Kanoodler New Member

Has anyone tried adding acids to their inks? Been thinking about making a batch with some muriatic in it.

2. SozeyBoii

SozeyBoii Member

lol no dont do that. that´s not the move lmao. often the acid´s react with dyes or whatever else is in the ink you mixed into it and it´ll possibly explode

3. Andros

Andros New Member

Okay so toy question: for markers is it better with or without Xylene? I've been looking and I see that people either use it or don't use it. Are there advantages or disadvantages of having Xylene in your ink?

4. StammaDaHammer

StammaDaHammer Member

I think it's dangerous to breathe in the fumes, not sure if xylene based inks stain better than ones without.

Also, does anyone know how well inks'/ dyes will stain brick and concrete walls? I've got an idea of transfering ink into an aerosole

5. baker

baker Member

Hey so i just read a whole lot on this thread, and i've decided to make my own stainer ink. I live in denmark and I just searched up dot3 on Google, and it seems that dot4 and dot5 Are alot easier to get a hold of,can i use that? also what else should i add to leave a gnarly stain?