Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

close calls

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by spraynpray, Aug 4, 2020.

Share This Page

1. spraynpray

spraynpray Member

Was painting today on a highway, a cop car stops 15 ft in front of me with his lights on. I had just finished my fill in throwie and about 3 other hollow throwies on this stretch of the wall. I must have been at the spot for about 10-15 minutes. As I'm walking away already finished, I see the cop car literally pull over to the side and he has his blue and red lights flashing. In literally 2 seconds I decide I'm going to run across the highway crossing both sides of it, first making it to the divider, and then crossing the other side.

Thank God I didn't get hit by a car today.. This was at 9 p.m so traffic was still pretty substantial. He didn't get out of his car and chase me and there were no turns nearby he could make to get on my side, but I knew he would call for backup and give them the info, because he saw which way I was heading to. I didn't bother trying to run to a new location, instead I dipped into an area where there was a lot of trees and foliage. I hid there for about 30 minutes and ran out of patience with tics and spiders all crawling over me, so I got out onto the local road and I see the police patrolling the area looking for me. Managed to get home in one piece.

You guys have any crazy stories? I have more if you guys want to hear them

2. Slushi 6989

Slushi 6989 Moderator

I'll take getting pinched over getting mangled by an 18 wheeler any day of the week my dude

3. Andy B

Andy B Senior Member

FYI, most cops ain't going to chase you for a long time. If you can wear two shirts of different colors. That way if you get spotted, you can ditch the top shirt. Cops only give out basic information of people running. Tall, slim, black shirt, etc.
    Besides graffiti is a misdemeanor charge and ain't no cop going to chase you forever for that, or search for you if you hide. Unless you hit a church, school, or something like that.

But I agree with Slushi, too many good people have gotten smashed by trucks and trains trying to get up or get away. Be careful, stay safe, and get up.

4. spraynpray

spraynpray Member

thanks for the shirt advice andy, you know I had that in the back of my head to wear different clothing underneath but you know I get lazy in preparation sometimes, but after last night I realized just how quickly shit can turn sour..

5. SUG

SUG Elite Member

I was doing a throwie at like 4 am and was almost finished with the fill, had 2 letters left...then this truck pulls up on me with bright ass headlights and just sits there. So I started walking away and he pulled off down the road a bit but hung around for another min or 2...i didnt know if he was calling the cops so I just dipped outta there quick...there is a court house like 3 buildings down so I didnt go back...its been like 4 days since then, what's y'alls take on leaving a half done throwy? Should I risk finishing it or say screw it there will be hundreds more throws that I could get ?

6. PeskDos

PeskDos Elite Member

Finish it

7. spraynpray

spraynpray Member

Sup SUG,

I think you made the right move to leave like that, usually these vigilantes just try and intimidate you with their bullshit, there's always somebody out there with nothing to do with their time, and fucking with us gives them some sense of purpose and or power...

It's usually better to bounce than to stick around in my opinion, I'd probably run off too, but definitely finish the spot , just give it some time so you don't have police maybe staking it out waiting for you(which is highly unlikely).

8. SUG

SUG Elite Member

Yea I've thought about going back at a earlier time than 4 more like 2...cause people still wake up early af to go to work. And I only have the s and u to fill then a outline and a extra little saying like "cant catch me now" or somethin lol so wouldn't take long to finish

9. skkkrt

skkkrt Member

I've found around 2-3am is the best time to go out painting, once it starts to hit 4 or 5am people be gettin up and going to work, although i like to think they dont even have time to stop and tell you off/chase you off, they got some bread to make

10. spraynpray

spraynpray Member

Everytime I got into a jam I was hitting the highway spots too early, like 9-10 pm.. I hate losing sleep thats why I like to hit the spot early, but if you can do 2-3 am, that is ideal.

11. SUG

SUG Elite Member

I can agree with that...I have to be up random hrs for work so I gotta be out in the middle of the night...so I get to take advantage of killing 2 birds with 1 stone

12. Andy B

Andy B Senior Member

I remember a long time ago I knew a dude that dressed like a DOT worker. Had the reflective vest, hard hat, and everything. I knew he got up a lot doing that. Don't know what happened to him.

13. Deepone

Deepone Member

Not the best decision but someone trashed this wall months ago crossed everything out so I wanted to revamp it and unfortunately took out someone better than me. Fucked them up a bit going so fast its a mega main road 12:45am. Cops been around more since college started. I'm starting the green one when my boy gives me the ayo and i see the cop slow down and turn towards me. I start moving and then i said shit don't so he pulls up to me and gets out to talk. Im lucky he didn't just reach for me then. I had 4 cans in a tote bag. I spew over some bullshit about wishing the wall was all white and acting innocent trying to confuse him. During this I manage to get him 15-20 feet from his cruiser close enough to the corner. I booked it after he said "I can hear cans rattling in there" hahaha. Ran through an intersection into a parking lot, my man in a van saw me bolt past him and vault a fence police academy style. I never thought I could dive over a 6 foot fence! I hid next to a construction site and under a penske truck for about 25 minutes. That shit was close.

IMG_6146 (wecompress.com).JPG

14. SUG

SUG Elite Member

Probably should have focused on doing 1 large throwy instead of 3 small ones...imo, but based of what you got accomplished, probably wouldn't have had the time for that either...but goodjob dippin out, for spots like that it's good to have a super fat cap for fills saves alot of time

15. Deepone

Deepone Member

For sure! Not the best decisions overall! I was using a pink dot for filling. I had about a minute and a half of work done before the boys in blue pulled up haha In retrospect I shouldve gone alot later in the night

16. spraynpray

spraynpray Member

deep those throws are so fucking small no offense bro but go bigger, your shit looks toy just giving it to you straight so you can learn... Go big and you'll definitely be more impressive, and make sure ur hitting those books... trust me, if you're risking what we are all risking you want to make sure ur shit is a1 and proper... keep doing ur thing and good story

17. peaceful12

peaceful12 Member