Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Crazy Super Dooper Graffiti Tagger Spots

Discussion in 'Picture gallery' started by vegimite on toast, Apr 14, 2005.

Share This Page

1. longislandtagster

longislandtagster Senior Member

2. obnockshus

obnockshus Member

3. toys'R'you

toys'R'you Senior Member

4. Coma.One_

Coma.One_ Senior Member

hot thread keep this shit up

5. PaintMixer

PaintMixer Member

Sake hit a fill in on the opposite side of that bridge with a fill-in.. but it's funny when you see that bridge from a side angle because you can almost walk up the slant right up to that throw.. lol, Graffiti- the art of baffling people! (quote from i forget who) <_<

6. KOMA TRA FXE

KOMA TRA FXE Senior Member

Sake hit a fill in on the opposite side of that bridge with a fill-in.. but it's funny when you see that bridge from a side angle because you can almost walk up the slant right up to that throw.. lol, Graffiti- the art of baffling people! (quote from i forget who) <_< [/b][/quote]
    But you still have to get to that bridge which is in th emiddle of the river. then get up it. and its not that slanted. i would be fairly difficult to get up still i think. but i didnt look at it that hard when i was there.

7. PaintMixer

PaintMixer Member

But you still have to get to that bridge which is in th emiddle of the river. then get up it. and its not that slanted. i would be fairly difficult to get up still i think. but i didnt look at it that hard when i was there. [/b][/quote]
    You see the train bridge you are on while taking the pic? well you just step off of that onto the bridge that the sake is on..

A few years ago I remember seeing this crazy face.. like a huge poster.. right from the tracks of that old bridge to the ceiling .. kinda inside the bridge.. hard to explain.. but it was massive.. some crazy work of art none the less..

8. Whoa

Whoa Elite Member

can someone find the piece that was done on the Hollywood Sign

thx

9. infer one

infer one Elite Member

10. Ragger

Ragger Senior Member

Some pics on this thread are just wayyyyyyy too illl
    like the ones on top of the bridges and shit...
    neway nice flicks

11. StayKingdUp

StayKingdUp Member

12. PaintMixer

PaintMixer Member

http://www.valladolidwebmusical.org/graffi...toria_img02.jpg

I have seen close up flicks of this.. and i read a whole article about it.. only i forget where.

Seen got spotted while doing that one and apparently got chased by helicopters, so he got away by hiding and went back a few hours later and finished it off. I believe he ended up getting in shit for that anyways since everyone knows what seen's face looks like, and he had a flick of him standing right up to it.

This may be a blockbuster, but i dont know of any other pieces done on the holywood hills letters.

EDIT: posted the same time as the above post.. oops, sorry.

13. StayKingdUp

StayKingdUp Member

Here is the story behind Seen and the Hollywood sign..

"In 1984 "Blade 1" and I went to Hollywood, California on a mission to leave our mark. We bombed from Venice Beach to the Sunset Strip. We even decided to throw Hollywood a bonus and tag the Hollywood Star Tour Buses run by the famous Manns Chinese Theater. When I saw one of the buses drive past one day, I turned to BLADE and said, "those Rustoleum National Blue Buses need some color", he agreed and we planned to pay a visit to the bus depot. With KRYLON White spray paint and a 6 inch Fat Cap, we painted the buses with full sided tags which read "SEEN and BLADE from DA BRONX" complete with a cloud. We hit every side on every bus in the depot that night. We would fight for fronts of each bus, but that was only natural being writers and wanting the better spots.

The following morning on the flight back home, all I could think about was the "HOLLYWOOD" sign. To me, that was Hollywood's prize possession and we didn't hit it! I knew then I had unfinished business in California and I would be back. A few months later I returned to Hollywood alone to put the icing on the cake. My sole mission this time around was to paint the Hollywood sign.

I planned to proceed with my mission on my first night there not to waste anytime. There were some small trees and some 6 foot weeds that would be in my way, so I got the tools that I would need to pull the job off, a saw, weed whacker and most importantly the paint. The colors I decided to use were Red, Black, and Silver. I chose Silver as my fill in color because I wasn't sure how much time I had to paint and Silver would cover quickly.

I waited until late night, then made my move. I drove around looking for a spot to climb up the mountain, but it was dark and I was in unfamiliar territory. After driving around for a couple of hours, I decided to get some sleep and try the next day. Not to get lost again at night, I decided to make my move in the morning, so when nightfall came -I would be ready! I made it to the top of the mountain by 3:00 in the afternoon and I was amazed how big the sign was. I was excited to begin and while it was still light out. I begun to clear away the small trees and weeds. I built a make shift ladder and figured out how I would maneuver around these gigantic letters. Soon after the sun went down I started. I figured out the size of the letters and began my rough outline. All of a sudden these big bright lights lit up the sky. It was just like the movies, lights all over the sign and the sky. It was really cool ,as soon, as I realized I was the cause for the light show.

I rolled down the hill and hid in the bushes for about an hour. Then I went back to work, stopping occasionally to document my progress with my camera. I was half way done when suddenly from behind the sign came a searchlight and the sounds of a helicopter. Again, huge spotlights flashed across the sign but now an unfinished SEEN piece as well. I ran down the hill again ripping the film out of my camera just in case I got busted, and jumped into the bushes. I must have hid there for, at least, two hours. Sitting there looking up at the lights reminded me of Yankee Stadium during a night game - it was bright!

After what seemed an eternity, the lights went down and the helicopter left. I was even more determined to pull this off! I was here for one reason and I wasn't leaving until it was done. By the way, my legs were killing me from all the running around and I didn't want to climb the mountain again. I got into a flow and was not disturbed again. After a few more hours and with the sun beginning to creep up, I was done! Exhausted, I went back to my hotel room for some sleep. After I woke up, I had to make one last trip up there for my flicks. It was easier now that all I had to carry was my camera and my piece was up there. I got up there, admired the view and kissed HOLLYWOOD good-bye."

14. Lazer

Lazer Elite Member

damn there's some beautiful stuff in this thread, props to everyone.

15. KireOne

KireOne Senior Member

anyone got that mook tag on the bridge? while your at it anyone got that peice mook did while he was out on bail or whatever?

16. glue

glue Elite Member

17. vegimite on toast

vegimite on toast Elite Member

I'll look for some more photo's.

18. SALVO

SALVO Elite Member

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v216_bigpest_T001_023.jpg
    aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v216_bigpest_T001_021.jpg
    aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v216_bigpest_T001_019.jpg
    Gay wine endused chicken scratch on the Eiffle Tower from last christmas Negros

19. pSYKAOz

pSYKAOz Elite Member

wow so many hot stuff... i love triks spots, and gotta give props to webs for htting dope spots with PIECES... he di a buncha bank ledges that i saw up close (well for 6 stories down haha) and they are mad nice...

this was definatly my most bait spot ive ever hit...

lionel-grouxl metro... never did an outline on my character cuz i got chased out of the metro and somehow iddnt get busted haha... poor fool yelled before getting to me so i had time to run back and get on the floor and run up and out...

hard part is u gotta pass behind the ticket booth (had 2 ppl sitting in it) and youre on a few cameras with tv screens pointing towards the ticket booth so they can see u pretty easy...

[Broken External Image]:http://membres.lycos.fr/psykaoz1/tag_metro_live.JPG

20. vegimite on toast

vegimite on toast Elite Member

That spot would be mad for a quick filled throw.