Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Diference Between Graffiti Crews And Gang Graffiti

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by paintman007, May 11, 2006.

Share This Page

1. stigma

stigma New Member

2. iWuzOnce

iWuzOnce Senior Member

Technically a gang is any group of six or more. Other than that it's a gaggle. And if you're alone it's called a hoopy.

Anyway, gang graff sucks? so does a lot of graffiti.
    There isn't much of a difference. Crews sometimes even beat the shit out of each other, some graff artists mark territory, blah blah blah. No difference.

3. Seek38

Seek38 Senior Member

haha whered you get those definitions..17th century british ditcionary?

I'd say there is quite the difference between gang grafiti and a normal graf artist..gangs only use grafiti as a way to mark territory and dont care about the art aspect whatsoever.

4. DS817

DS817 Member

Gang graffiti is suck ass. Crew graffiti is actually good.

5. KASE2

KASE2 Senior Member

gang graff, is more reppin ur set or hood nd so people kno that its their turf. lyk nortes nd surenos nd shit. they throw up XIV, X4, X3 nd lyk where they stay at nd its mostly in old english. crew graff is agen reppin ur crew but it has more style

6. markingz.

markingz. Banned

gang graffiti looks like symbols and stuff with no flow or skill involved. Crew graffiti on the other hand looks like two and three word letters done in a stylistic fashion usually with more skill involved.

7. Bazer

Bazer Moderator

so bassicaly what your saying is that no fuckin gangsters in the world write graffiti and get up for there gang at the same fuckin time? =]

[Broken External Image]:http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z227/bazer6_ebook/SP_A1097.jpg

8. markingz.

markingz. Banned

no, thats not what I said, I was describing the nature of two different types of things, I never said anything about what gangsters do and dont do.

9. Dying to live

Dying to live Senior Member

i hear what you guys are saying but when crews get deep in shit and are beefing with other crews it can get pretty rough not just going over each others pieces with tags i mean crew brawls so i can see how people can seem them as the same..

10. TASK SvS

TASK SvS Member

I seriously hate people who write shit dogging this dude out. Its a question that doesn't get answered with shit liek that
    You don't do anything but make yourself look like a dumbass replying like that.
    Heh...

11. Cams1

Cams1 Member

gang graffiti is SHIT and actually graffiti is GOOD simple as that lmao

12. "Riot"

"Riot" Elite Member

gang graffiti looks like total shit like a fucking 5 year old drew on the wall.

graffiti is just fuckin dope kid. thats all there is to it.

killin for a color is pathetic.

13. C-Lurk

C-Lurk Senior Member

It's really quite obvious...

14. whocares!?!?!

whocares!?!?! Senior Member

sometimes gang graffiti is good
    i saw some really nice SD blackletter shit a while ago, it even had a black to white fade in the letters, the person who did it obviously had some nice can control.

but most of the time it's just ugly as shit, they usually only use stock caps too

15. Game Ova 07

Game Ova 07 Senior Member

i dont agree with gangs or gang graffiti but...if you think about it both crew and gang graffiti are marking your territories and i know graffiti crews as well as gang crews that like beat the shit outta people to get in....i dont know its very similiar

16. Beautiful_Crime

Beautiful_Crime Member

I know a gangster that could bomb and piece and he bombs and pieces and hes pretty dope as for the difference between gang and graffiti crews is graff writers are just trying to get up gangs are trying to gang bang and regulate

17. -Leski

-Leski Senior Member

Writer Graffiti - Destroy shit, get name up, somewhat artistic - very artistic.
    Gang Graffiti - Hold territory, rep you gang, very toy - artistic.

The diffrence is the amount put in and what its used for.

Gangs use it to represent themselves and mark out territories, artistic talent isn't that important to it but its there sometimes.

Writers use it to represent themselves (or crews) and markout their "spots", "routes", ext. Artistic talent is important to development and earning respect from one's peers.

What do you see? While being diffrent its still similair, and its both still graffiti.

Now read the wealth of other opinions in this thread and form your own.
    Then dont post it.

;)

18. EatYourChildren

EatYourChildren Member

the only diffrence is the purpose

regular graff is to show off your shit

and gang graff normally is to just mark your territory

now i've seen some gang shit thats really good and i'm seen some regular graff thats just shit and vise versa

its just the way shit happens i guess

19. InkScientist

InkScientist Senior Member

Agreed.

20. einsamkeit

einsamkeit Senior Member

Some of those ms 13's in old english looks super epic : )