Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Ever Got Yourself In Your Local News?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by [breakout]-azer, Feb 23, 2007.

Share This Page

?

have you ever been in the news becuse of soemthing youve done?

1. yes

36.5%
  2. no

39.5%
  3. sort of

24.0%
  1. Sentile

Sentile Senior Member

Nope, not yet...Waiting for march break :p

2. .A.K.4.7.

.A.K.4.7. Elite Member

that should wave been mad fun to do since its tight griddle, no gaps to roll over 85 times to get the color nice and clean [/b][/quote]
    Nah, wasnt easy. 3 Nights waist deap water freezing cold.

worth it for 85m / 256ft long in a busy busy area.

3. What Happened to the Letters?

What Happened to the Letters? Elite Member

in teh part of the newspaper where the cops say what theyve done that day it had a report of a student being suspendeed and arrested...it was me

also many times for sports...which has been stated doesnt count but whatever

4. i eat pringles

i eat pringles Senior Member

yeah, for instigating a 200 strong riot in my senior school.
    Made the front page of the Southend Evening Echo.

5. BIGel

BIGel Elite Member

i robbed a local hospital at night with two friends when i was sixteen and got caught. but aside from that nothing..

6. noam12

noam12 Senior Member

what movie is your sig from...thats fuckin disgusting [/b][/quote]
    ahhh his sigs from the silent hill movie, which i am renting tommarow casue ive seen so many clips now im into it aahh, and the guy ripping the skin off is pyramid head..one out of allot of random things...

lol wtf did u steal from a hospital, syringes, morphine, scalpels? stethiscope!!

7. NLM06

NLM06 Member

i;ve bne in my local news 4 times in past 3 years twice jsut for me.

8. acidconceptone

acidconceptone Senior Member

no i have not but one time a car crashed into my tag and it was on television as the lady reported right by it. unfortunately i did not see it but it is still funny. i prefer NOT to be in the news honestly

9. simon90

simon90 Member

I was in the news becouse we had an graffiti happening and the reports take a pictures so i ended up to one of the pictures..but they didint get my face on the pictures....
    I still think that it is better not to be in the news...becouse it can but you in to so many fucking shit that you cant even understand :blink:

10. also known as MYL

also known as MYL Senior Member

ive been in the police blotter twice...tresspassing and breaking & entering, nothin graffiti related though

11. faime

faime Senior Member

when i used 2 write faime i had a tag show up on much music no lie

12. bigtakeover

bigtakeover Senior Member

ive made crime of the week in the newspaper more than once.

13. Bazar

Bazar Member

Sort of, me and friend of mine made a throwup (wich is now cleaned) wich dominated the background when a newsteam was doing the news from there.

14. snap_pxc

snap_pxc Senior Member

Please tell me that u were robbing the hospital for drugs
    cuz thats really the only thing worth that big of value in there that u could rob

ps. props to bigtakeover for crimes of the week :lol:

15. BIGel

BIGel Elite Member

we took two small drums of liquid morphine and a grip of pills wed never heard of, but we were on camera and everybody at school knew about it so it didnt last long.

16. FOEone

FOEone Elite Member

I used to own a skatepark downtown where kids could come and skate for free. There was an abandoned warehouse behind the park that technically I owned, so graff writers used to come down and wreck shit. They did a segment on the news about my park, and anonymously interviewed some skaters and writers about graff. I opted not to be interviewed to divulge any personal info on the park, but it was nice that graff was presented in such a positive way.

17. Dream Creation

Dream Creation Senior Member

i got put in the local paper and blamed for the reson my town is a shit hole!! i blamed the homeless

18. DankNC

DankNC Guest

some kid i know said he writes, i saw his mug shot on the news a week later, he couldnt write worth a shit, they showed the bathroom he hit, all i can say is he deserved to get caught

19. Sumoe

Sumoe Elite Member

that's cool, I wish I had some shit like that in my town. <_< :angry: :(

20. area52crew

area52crew Senior Member

i was in the paper on 13th:
    Mild spring temperatures will likely draw local residents outside this week; but when it comes to graffiti, the end of winter isn't always a good thing.

“You don't see a lot of kids hanging around outside doing graffiti when the temperature is so lowâ€, says Rob Tamblyn of the Downtown Kingston! Business Improvement Area (B.I.A.).

That changes dramatically in the summer, however, which is why the B.I.A. implemented a graffiti eradication program in 2005.

“It was a two-year pilot projectâ€, says Tamblyn of the initiative, during which a Queen's University chemistry student was hired to research and create various products for effective graffiti removal. “We were able to remove literally hundreds of tags and murals from everything from buildings to garbage cans to lamp posts…you name it.â€

But although the program vastly improved the graffiti situation in the downtown area, vandals have continued their work in other parts of the city.

“It certainly has spreadâ€, says Tamblyn, noting that buildings like the Hockey Hall of Fame, the Memorial Center and the Isabel Turner branch of the Kingston Frontenac Public Library have become popular targets.

Graffiti artists aren't just spreading out - they're also moving up. “A lot of the street-level graffiti we were seeing downtown wasn't thereâ€, says Tamblyn of the effectiveness of the program. “But we did see an outbreak on rooftops.â€

According to city staff, business and property owners are expected to remove graffiti on their own - and in a timely fashion.

“Generally, we'll write up an order asking them to remove it in a reasonable amount of timeâ€, says Building & Licensing Manager Steve Murphy. “If it's a city building, the city will take care of it.â€

If the vandalism is not removed, the city can take the property owner to court. Murphy says the measure is only used as a last resort, but has proved successful in the past.

“We would rather they simply cover it and everyone's happyâ€, says Murphy.

And if individuals are looking for some graffiti-removal advice, Tamblyn says they're more than welcome to contact the B.I.A.

“We would certainly make all the research we have available to anyone who's looking for itâ€, says Tamblyn.

Although the two-year pilot project has come to an end, Tamblyn adds that the B.I.A. will remove graffiti from businesses in the downtown area at the owner's request.

“If you remove graffiti within 24 to 48 hours of it appearing…basically, the kids are going to give up; they're going to move on to somewhere elseâ€, he says.

And city officials hope that eventually, vandals will just give up for good.

“We are in the process of developing a program to address graffiti concernsâ€, adds Public Works Manager of Program Development Judy Brick. “Hopefully we're going to get that up and running this year.â€

In the meantime, those who work to keep Kingston looking its best hope local graffiti artists will take the summer off - and find other things to do in the great outdoors.

ai27.photobucket.com_albums_c181_sensrule90_article.jpg

ai27.photobucket.com_albums_c181_sensrule90_article2.jpg