Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Favorite Ink ?

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by Freddy Fresh 137, Jun 28, 2004.

Share This Page

1. TD!!

TD!! Senior Member

I just went up to the art store and got some india ink. Thats good shit, right?

2. Tony

Tony Elite Member

3. unknown101

unknown101 Member

dam at art class the teacher pulled out indiana ink or somethin like that, and it blows. its nothing good

4. bumsuckfun

bumsuckfun Elite Member

hahah india ink is like for calligraphy. it'll come off the first time it rains.

i like how the guy who started this thread listed pretty much every popular permanent ink as his 'favorite'... im still trying to think of ANYTHING that works even half-decently that he didn't list as one of his favorites...

but yeah, for me, it's pilot black supercolor ink for the time being... its really dark and opaque, flows very nicely, its hard to buff and pretty permanent... and its easily available, often free.

and i've ordered some garvey for my miniwide, but that'll probably be mostly for indoor surfaces since the UV light outside will fade it...

and for already dark surfaces, i don't have any problems using silver ghetto-krink.

oh, and for the nero question, right now it seems like everywhere i can think of is out of stock... if you find anywhere selling it (in north america preferably) hit me up with PM or something cause i'd probably buy some.

5. tre'tre'

tre'tre' Senior Member

just buy nero on ebay

6. bumsuckfun

bumsuckfun Elite Member

i remember seeing some on eBay before, but when i checked a few days ago, and again today, i didn't see any...

plus after hearing about some people selling possibly-fake Garvey on eBay it kinda makes me question buying ink off there...

but chances are it was actually some toy who bought garvey, wrote on some kind've slick plastic or something, and got upset and started screaming 'fake' when his tag started to fade.

7. tre'tre'

tre'tre' Senior Member

nero is on ebay, you just have to know what words to search for it with

8. bumsuckfun

bumsuckfun Elite Member

well, apparently 'nero', 'nero d'inferno', or 'nero graffiti' aren't the right words to search with... and i'd have to think that the word 'nero' would be in the title of the auction...

but if you live in the UK, or are super desperate, and want a huge amount of nero, than monstercolors.com sells 1000ml bottles of nero.

9. THEPOSTWHORE5000

THEPOSTWHORE5000 Elite Member

garvey+pilot+breakfluid mix=seamink :D

10. bumsuckfun

bumsuckfun Elite Member

haha nice... once my garvey comes in i might try that mix out.

11. Enjee1link

Enjee1link Senior Member

garvey and marsh are verryy nice inks

12. THEPOSTWHORE5000

yeh, bumsuckfun, its realllyyy nice...garvey totally stains the shit out of anything...the black pilot stops it from fading, then breakfluid for the ghost tags :D its an all around good ink :) after i kill all my other markers the only thing im gonna rock is a mini otr filled with seamink :) so dope..so dope..

13. bumsuckfun

bumsuckfun Elite Member

im not sure how the pilot would keep the garvey from fading in sunlight, but hell, i don't care as long as it works.

14. tre'tre'

tre'tre' Senior Member

15. Havoc411

Havoc411 Elite Member

cause garvey alone fades really fast and pilot dosent fade. haha, why seamink? howd you come up with that name

16. tre'tre'

tre'tre' Senior Member

but you are close

17. THEPOSTWHORE5000

seam-ink :D i write seam n *with boo-yaka's help* i came up with the recipe :D
    also, yes, black pilot ink really doesnt fade at all...but it is easy to buff...its also very opaque, so with garvey, it can form a very nice, opaque, dark electric purple ink that stains like hell

18. Havoc411

Havoc411 Elite Member

nice, ill have to try that. i heard that breakfluid isnt really worth putting in ink.

19. bumsuckfun

bumsuckfun Elite Member

yeah, but inks work like this... you have your solvent (alcohol) and your dye molecules which float around inside the solvent. so when you mix black pilot, and violet garvey and mix the two together, the two dye molecules don't bond, but they are in a random mixture inside the solvent. so if basic violet molecules (the dye in garvey) fades in UV light, then i'd have to think that when mixed with black pilot the basic violet molecules would still fall victim to being faded by UV light... garvey itself is just basic violet in a transparent solvent, garvey in pilot would be garvey in a black solvent... i'm not saying it doesn't work, i'm just confused to WHY it would work.

tre'tre' can you PM me an auction? cause i looked for the search 'nero' on eBay.com and eBay.ca and didn't find any nero at all...

20. THEPOSTWHORE5000

ahhhhh man...:(

oh and breakfluid works for me i dont know why it doesnt for other people