Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Favorite Ink ?

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by Freddy Fresh 137, Jun 28, 2004.

Share This Page

1. TD!!

TD!! Senior Member

Well on the bottle it says "Waterproof" super bold. But is thare a way to make it buff proof??

2. bumsuckfun

bumsuckfun Elite Member

quite simply, no. nothing in this world can last forever. even buildings can be ripped down if one so desires to, a marking with ink or paint doesn't stand a chance against anyone determined to clean it off.

3. Havoc411

Havoc411 Elite Member

damn, axe really does buff stuff

4. THEPOSTWHORE5000

THEPOSTWHORE5000 Elite Member

5. Havoc411

Havoc411 Elite Member

can you enlighten me as to why it works like a solvent?

6. THEPOSTWHORE5000

i have no idea lol...
    i was writin on my metal dresser locker thing one time, n i got bored so i got my axe can and started tagging my dresser thing with it...so i was writin all over, then i notice all of my tags were like dripping off...i was like...wtf....so i spray it at one of my tags directly, and it completely dissappears! i was so confused..

7. bumsuckfun

bumsuckfun Elite Member

works like a solvent because it has to be able to be a liquid inside the can in order to spray out, but it has to be able to evaporate quickly so your body isn't soaked after a spray... which means it's probably uses some form of alcohol as a base (evaporates very quickly)

8. Havoc411

Havoc411 Elite Member

i didnt work soo much for my flowpen ink that had sat there for a good long time. it stained my old fridge pretty well actually. it did a number on the newer HTB there tho.

9. THEPOSTWHORE5000

yeah it killed my sharpie tags...killed the flowpen tags...killed the pilot tags...killed the htb tags..but did absolutely nothing to my paint marker tags

10. bumsuckfun

bumsuckfun Elite Member

flowpen ink seems to have gotten a bad rep, but its actually pretty good shit. i'm not sure if there is a difference between regular flowpen ink, and the stuff labelled specifically as 'dirty flowpen ink', but i'll tell you, that dirty flowpen ink is tough shit.

11. THEPOSTWHORE5000

hmm...my blue flowpen ink is pretty good..but everything else really didnt work for me

12. bumsuckfun

bumsuckfun Elite Member

my violet flowpen ink, if i remember right, faded to a hot pink after a few weeks, and last time i checked, it was gone completely. and this was on a rooftop gutter kinda thingy so it definately didn't get buffed by anyone.

13. bumsuckfun

bumsuckfun Elite Member

anyone ever hear anything about the other Garvey inks... like i know violet seems to be the preferred color, and black also stains but not as hard as violet... but what about the blue, red, green inks? typically blue and red are pretty hard-staining colors as well so i wonder if blue or red garvey stains hard too.

14. THEPOSTWHORE5000

yo, bumsuckfun, i got my garvey today! this shit is fucking insane! it got on my hands, and i tried washin it off, now i have a dark purple bar of soap! it stains so hard! i wrote a little bit on my red locker thing, and axe, goof off, paint thinner, rubbing alcohol, nothing comes off! oh and about the black pilot mix with it...i wrote on my locker thing with a little batch i made (enough for like 5 paint brush strokes) and its great! the black pilot ink sort of goes over it, so when u buff it, only the black pilot comes off, and it leaves u with a deep purple color! im doing my fade test now
    :D lets hope i get just as good results.
    also, i have no idea about the other garveys...i get mine off www.artprimo.com
    garvey+black pilot is insane dude...ive never had anything like this

and i havnt even added the breakfluid yet.

peace :D

15. Havoc411

Havoc411 Elite Member

you sure you need to?

16. bumsuckfun

bumsuckfun Elite Member

awesome, i have lots of black pilot and i ordered my garvey from artprimo a while ago, so it should be here soon. i'm gonna fill a mini-wide up with violet garvey, and use it for killing insides of any bathrooms or whatever i come across on the way to montreal next month.

17. bumsuckfun

bumsuckfun Elite Member

i wonder what a mixture of like 1/2 garvey, 1/2 black pliot and 1/2 blue pilot would look like...

18. Mr Obvious

Mr Obvious Member

Doesnt really count as an ink but it goes in a marker and mops so ill say my favorite is etch bath

19. Coo

Coo Elite Member

what homemaid ink works best to refill a flowpen.

20. THEPOSTWHORE5000

coo-any ink goes good.
    bumsuckfun-well, im pretty sure it will be a verrry dark purple...because half black pilot/half violet garvey is already a black with a purpley flavor to it...its actually kind of blue now that i look at it...but anyway, i think it would be just like if ur mixing acrylic paint, and u put too much navy blue in when ur tryin 2 mix red n blue to get purple or something...but i dont know if it will have the same fade proof aswell....black pilot is said to be the only one that rreeaalllyyyy doesnt fade because of its thickness..

just dont waste your garvey lol..
    oh and dont use the squeezy thing on the garvey bottle because it will leak out...i learned that the hard way and now i hafta spread books all over my floor until i clean it up so my parents dont see it lol..