Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Finger Ever Go Numb

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Emerica, Apr 25, 2005.

Share This Page

1. Special_K

Special_K Senior Member

I feel sorry for you guys that gotta worry about cold when you go out to do ur thing, and cans dont work cause they're frozen or what not. on oahu the temp at night it usually around 70-75 and a cool breeze going. the only minor bad thing about doing graff here is that w/ so much moisture in the air paint/ink takes kindda long to dry. as for the numb finger, w/ time it goes away but i find using hooded caps(color dots, germans etc.) is much more comfortable than oldschool caps like NYs and rusto fats, just my 2 cents. but i do use those caps because hey NY thins make clean ass lines.

2. G-RAF

G-RAF Senior Member

up side is that ur cans are low pressure:D

3. Special_K

Special_K Senior Member

true that, true that.... i really can't complain about weather, guys down in the south would trade places w/ my ass in a minute. The sun here does weird stuff w/ bitumen/ tar based paint like montana black star its nice but sometimes runs a little or fades.

BTW- holy crap you've been on for a month less than me an ur already at 250 post!?!?!! .....noice

4. be quick or be dead

be quick or be dead Member

i got that the very first time i painted but never had it since

5. Fluffy Bunnies

Fluffy Bunnies Elite Member

When my spray finger gets numb I switch to my thumb and just rotate so nothing get's sore or numb ... it's like a workout. haha

and yeah taggin' in the winter is brutal around here in canada... like in a few months ago I went bombing since there was hardly anyone out in the early morning. I hit up the bus stops... the side of a out of service bus haha. in the middle of bombing your hands feel like falling off so I tucked the marker in my jacket and left a bit out for the nib. fun cuz no ones around since it's sooooooo cold at like -30 celcious... ohh yeah I am from alberta

6. JETc17

JETc17 Elite Member

Its happened to me before a couple times, too, but it stopped. If it keeps coming back, you can pick up spray handles from Fred Meyers or somewhere. I havent treid one, but Im sure they give horrible control. Maybe for fill-ins or w/e

7. E-Terror

E-Terror Elite Member

ai4.tinypic.com_15ev79e.jpg
    fuck going numb, my shits callused up and peels

8. FETUSFACE

FETUSFACE Member

fingers are for the weak

9. otrfatcap

otrfatcap Senior Member

just keep painting if your shit goes numb....after the first couple of times it will go away....and for big fills, the thumb works good.
    those paint can spray handle things blow in my opinion...i got annoyed by it when i tried doing a fill with one.

ps, try painting a complete car, with a 2 quart paint gun cup...about 75% full....haha took me a while to get roofs down without having to stop for a minute....kills the wrist.

10. waster12......

waster12...... Member

:lol: puss.... ive painted a piece for bout an hour at -30C or so... and done a fillin throw at -40C

11. vman

vman Elite Member

its even worse when the can explodes all over your hands

12. waster12......

waster12...... Member

13. G-RAF

G-RAF Senior Member

hahah yeh/.. you can call me a post whore but i do contribute still not liek a 1 word post like "LOL" or " TOY" "SHUTUP" or "sumthin like omg ur a fag"... those jsut waste fuken time refreshing the damn page.

14. vman

vman Elite Member

it does if you have a pink dot on a dollar can

15. G-RAF

G-RAF Senior Member

oh man.. if tis like an expensive mop or w.e. sum online order shit, dont do that in the winter.. itll fuk up ur ink and nib.

16. waster12......

waster12...... Member

thats can hardly be described as a can exploding... more like paint gushing out from the gap under the cap..

17. waster12......

waster12...... Member

lol g-raf... ive had ink freeze before it had time to dry on some metal once... frozen ink looks dope haha

18. vman

vman Elite Member

oh well its still fucking cold

19. SALVO

SALVO Elite Member

A whole seven pages about how your index fingers get numb sometimes when you spray paint. Nice.

20. G-RAF

G-RAF Senior Member

...its also the graff shops name down in toronto.. NUMB