Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Fixed Gear Bikes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by .A.K.4.7., Oct 29, 2008.

Share This Page

1. triple6inthemix

triple6inthemix Senior Member

im currently riding single speed but have a flip flop hub to suit my mood, but any recommendations for aftermarket parts to get it riding smoother? im gonna have the wheels trued soon, but what should i be looking into replacing and upgrading? its a pretty entry level bike, simple parts. i wanna cut some weight off of it as well.

help?

2. yall heard of me

yall heard of me Senior Member

lol
    pm for powder coating your gear bikes haha

3. H3TT1NG3R

H3TT1NG3R Elite Member

powder coating is painting. but better. like the way bikes are painted out the factory.

4. yall heard of me

if you dont know look it up everything is powder coated these days
    all children toys are plastic powder coating alot of things are powder coated and you dont even realize any medal its zinc based powder

5. B.S. POLICE

B.S. POLICE Banned

powder coat is like paint but better, a lot harder to scratch off

6. BuiltoSpill

BuiltoSpill Member

Powdercoating has to do with like bonding electric charged paint to the metal or something of the sort, my powdercoated frame is really hard to scratch. Most of the time it just scuffs it and i can rub it off.

7. B.S. POLICE

B.S. POLICE Banned

the process of powdercoating charges the metal negative and the paint powder particles positive which attracts them together or some shit. but yeah mad hard to scratch

8. yall heard of me

that is correct bs police after sprayed it goes to the oven the paint particles expand and create the coating it could be candy color, texture,multicolor, gloss flat etc. you shoot it then burn it

9. SKriBL*666

SKriBL*666 Elite Member

Yeah, get some new hubs.

10. BuiltoSpill

BuiltoSpill Member

11. TESTER

TESTER Senior Member

lower your stemm about 3 inches, you'll look like a grandma riding your bike with you stem so high, it will also make your torso be more verticle witch will make you less aerodynamic, and you wont be working against yourself. also i dont know how tall you are but your leg should be almost straight when your peddle is strait down, maybe your just really short. and if your ridding fixed..... GET TOE CLIPS.... you will have 100% more control over your bike.

triple6inthemix im currently riding single speed but have a flip flop hub to suit my mood, but any recommendations for aftermarket parts to get it riding smoother? im gonna have the wheels trued soon, but what should i be looking into replacing and upgrading? its a pretty entry level bike, simple parts. i wanna cut some weight off of it as well.

help?

if you want lighter... get a new frame. if you want smoother get a new frame, and maybe some new hubs. if you have bad frame you will feel it. if you want a decent set of rims, (warning there not the lightest. but if you ever want to do a wheelie, jump off a curb, play bike polo, ride your bike off of a track, you want beefier wheels..... end of story. you dont want your wheels to bust.) here is a link to some really good starting bike, starting at 300 for a kick ass entry level bike, more then most people need. and free shipping.http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/road_bikes.htm

12. TESTER

TESTER Senior Member

13. TESTER

TESTER Senior Member

please please please dont build a fixed bmx that's the most retarded idea i have ever herd. you will have yourself for doing it...... once you spin 5 times on your tiny ass gear ratio you will be going way to fast and you will need to be clipped in or have toe clips.... for your own safty please dont do this just look at the link below and buy a REAL fixed gear for 300 smacks. you will kill yourself if you do this.... just fyi.

14. maple syrup

maple syrup Senior Member

15. Me_Th_GQ

Me_Th_GQ Guest

shitty pic, sorry. but late moto. b. fixed. all campy components, Avocet seat. stronglite crankset, deep velocity wheels n hub set. flip flop rear hub, running 16T fixed cog on one n 16T freewheel on other. afarm3.static.flickr.com_2603_3971103466_7353782e16.png

16. Tonka

Tonka Member

What is next thats all i wanna know

17. Slaze

Slaze Senior Member

truth

18. maple syrup

maple syrup Senior Member

19. sik.one

sik.one Senior Member

20. tickz

tickz Senior Member

heres my cruiser, not a fixed but a singlespeed though!!
    ai22.photobucket.com_albums_b320_tickz2_P1020359.jpg